Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IGN Top 100 Games of All Time

Wildside Expert

Default IGN Top 100 Games of All Time

https://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-games

Yet another list of the best games of all time and surprise, surprise - no Sega anywhere on the list. The only game I saw on the list for a Sega console is Soul Calibur by Namco. I guess Genesis beat SNES in the U.S. because it had no games worth playing.

Can't piss off the Nintendo overlords - need to keep that advertising money rolling in. Much like Game informer's recent list nearly omitted Sega completely.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

It may seem like a conspiracy, but I feel that for lack of a console, the Sega image has been erased and attacked for the last 20 years.
    In this new episode, neither Sega nor its games now exist for these publications.

IGN are a joke always have been.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Who cares?
    Its not stopping you from enjoying your favourite games, and nobody has declared any list to be definitive. If you have a different opinion then make your own list.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Who cares?
    well, I may be wrong, but I think this forum and its users should care, we are perhaps the biggest 'SEGA' forum in the world

This community, if united, may even encourage Sega to return, but it starts like this, first they convince us to accept, then they make lists and omit Sega games, in a few years, everything is over, and that for a fan should be considered a bad thing.

Its a conspiracy man!!
    The illuminati have devised a plan to erase Sega from history!!
    Don't you get it? We need to wake up! Buy some of Roddy Piper's glasses and you'll see just how far the plot against Sega really goes!!

Or maybe its another one of the many bullshit video game lists that no one cares about and will be forgotten within a few weeks.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    well, I may be wrong, but I think this forum and its users should care, we are perhaps the biggest 'SEGA' forum in the world

This community, if united, may even encourage Sega to return, but it starts like this, first they convince us to accept, then they make lists and omit Sega games, in a few years, everything is over, and that for a fan should be considered a bad thing.
    I completely agree. We probably are the biggest Sega forum in the world, and no serious gamer in their right mind could accept a list of 'the 100 greatest games of all time' without at least three or four Sega titles included. It's utter bollocks. God I hate the modern gaming scene. Utter fucking philistines.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Yeah, but... IGN sucks, and this annual list is always retarded. I havenít even looked at it, but if they still put the original Super Mario Bros in the top 10, Iím gonna... well, do nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Yeah, but... IGN sucks, and this annual list is always retarded. I havenít even looked at it, but if they still put the original Super Mario Bros in the top 10, Iím gonna... well, do nothing really.
    IGN are clearly retarded beyond all help, but it's the fact that they present themselves as gaming journos and then come out with shit like this that really takes the piss. I mean if they were self admitted hacks then that would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    IGN are clearly retarded beyond all help, but it's the fact that they present themselves as gaming journos and then come out with shit like this that really takes the piss.
    That's a problem with all journalism.
    A very wise Mighty Pirateô once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
    Very true.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Top 100 lists aren't geared towards "serious gamers" (or serious film buffs, music fans, etc.) They're meant to give the average reader the warm glow of being told that they're right to love the things they already know and love. And since Sega isn't particularly familiar or relevant to the average person anymore, you know the rest.

So it's not about "Nintendo overlords", it's about the fact that the average person is oblivious to anything beyond the greatest hits and most famous franchises. It's not as if the most famous painters are the greatest painters, or all the Top 100 films on IMDb deserve their status (Forrest fucking Gump is #13 and that movie is a piece of shit), or the best-known celebrity chefs make the best food, or the high-status brand-name clothiers have the best workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I completely agree. We probably are the biggest Sega forum in the world, and no serious gamer in their right mind could accept a list of 'the 100 greatest games of all time' without at least three or four Sega titles included. It's utter bollocks. God I hate the modern gaming scene. Utter fucking philistines.
    Yes

it shows that some of us understand the negative implications that such a list has. In fact from a personal point of view, each one makes the list they want, but coming from a big publication this is very sad, on the other hand, I exempt them, because I'm sure if it was other publications they would do the same thing, that It is a reflection of how the industry has become increasingly disposable.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
    Itís an age thing. I hate it when these under 30 something people keep calling 8-bit home computers PCs. They really donít get it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information