Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aladdin gets a re-release...... for $100

Default Aladdin gets a re-release...... for $100

Today Aladdin will be re-released in limited quantities but it is beyond me why anyone would pay $100 for it when the original one can be bought for ~$10.

https://www.iam8bit.com/products/ala...44b0f991&_ss=r

Nameless One

WTF

This seems like a odd release with it being one of the most common games and still very affordable.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Well, they also have Lion King SNES for the same price. Disney wants to cash in.

Yeah I saw a bunch of videos covering this announcement yesterday. I'm usually a sucker for this kind of stuff, but that is something I wouldn't pay more than $50 shipped. The fact that these are widely released and available for dirt cheap (I think I saw it for $6 CIB recently) I have no desire to buy this merely for bragging rights.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Turbo Duo R, PS1

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

I like the look of the design of the box and clamshell, but no, srsly, they can fuck right off.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Master of Shinobi

For $100 they really should include a little more baklavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

...Ultra Limited Magic Carpet Purple Glow-in-the-Dark...
    ...Cartridge colorways are randomly inserted into sealed, unmarked boxes...
    Yeah, fuck this with a chainsaw. This is just a money grab from people who don't work for a living, and simultaneously need help assembling Lego sets.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Hey, know what's funny? Sega recently released something literally just like this.

...Except:

1. The ROM file came in a better case, which could actually be connected to your TV and used to PLAY the game you just bought.
    2. It included 41 other games, many of which were leaps and bounds better than fucking Aladdin (not to mention more rare & sought after).
    3. IT WAS STILL LESS THAN $100.

This is so offensive to me. This is just as bad as those mundane Star Wars games that Limited Run Games got the license for and re-released on cards. I can't believe people pay for this crap.

I have nothing (really) against capitalizing on niche nostalgia markets with reproductions like this, but FFS try to make it something that LEGITIMATELY needed a re-release. Maybe a title that was not released in all territories, or was released in super low quantities. Not a game that is quite possibly one of the most common titles on the system. And you need an actual Sega Genesis to play this, right? So doesn't it stand to reason that anyone who A.) wants to play this game and B.) can play this game already owns this game???
    Last edited by MrMatthews; 10-24-2019 at 10:17 AM.

sadly they do it because alot of non-sense collectors buy it like water in desert..
    and it is too expensive to a repro cart

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

But guys! look at it! it comes in a red translucent cartridge~! this blows that Snes Street Fighter II re-release straight outa the water! that one was just red, wasn't even translucent!

Who is Mike Mika and why is it of any significance that he wrote the "forward" in the instruction manual??
    I googled the name and dont understand his significance nor any meaningful association to Aladdin.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

All these rereleases are essentially what should be happening, if movies, books, music, and comics are any indication. I mean, at some point, should we expect remasters on actual hardware, with additional content? A criterion collection of games? These are all essentially just repro's, right? They are using higher-quality pcbs, maybe non-rewritable eproms? But for the most part, they, at some point, flash a rom file to an erprom and added their packaging?

If it was the long lost Disney's Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures Release i would agree with the price but this...
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

WCPO Agent

I literally bought a copy 3 months ago for like $15. Fun game but who wants to pay $100 for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Who is Mike Mika and why is it of any significance that he wrote the "forward" in the instruction manual??
    I googled the name and dont understand his significance nor any meaningful association to Aladdin.
    Didn't Mike Mika make one of the first and only homebrew hacks I've ever bought? Berzerk VE for the 2600 purchased during CGE 2002?

Thread Information