Quantcast

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics. It's always politics

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Wasn't shooting for reasonable discourse.

Illegals do use social services, they're just not nearly the drain the right claims they are.

Remittances do go south of the border, but not enough that would somehow pay for a border wall or help the economy in any significant way.

The border wall is a flat out dumb idea and complete waste of taxpayer and military resources. So I don't give a flying fuck if the Dems are obstructionist. You should probably assign blame to the ineffectual Republicans who couldn't get it done when they had a majority in Congress.
    One should not overreach themselves I guess. At least it is an attainable goal.

The truth is we don't know how much the illegals drain off the economy via social services - any attempts to gather such data are blocked by various elements - generally on the left.

1) Medical insurance via use of emergency rooms as not only emergency visits but use of same as common medical care. Assuming the hospital can cover these costs (and many have not been able to and gone bankrupt) that cost is passed on to people who can pay those costs.
    2) Education costs - since schools can't even ask about immigration status we have no idea how many are being educated on societies dime. I know that in my area the percentage of children who can't speak english is very high - wanna guess on where most of these students come from?
    3) Incarcerating illegal aliens who commit crimes beyond the felonies they have already committed - and that doesn't factor in the costs that the extended crimes have incurred on society.
    4) The lowered taxes collected from legal US workers whose wages have been lowered by unfair competition.
    5) Those are just the biggies.

While illegals pay some taxes it is nowhere near the full load that you and I pay.

$25+ billion per tear is a good chunk of change. And a good chunk of that money goes directly to the cartels - they have a wonderful credit system in place for smuggling people - if you don't pay they visit your relatives still at home. And the cartels use that money to create more havoc on both sides of the border - which of course costs both countries money (and sometimes lives).

It is a flat out dumb idea because you believe it so? Scintillating logic. On the same lines you likely really don't care who obstructs as long as the obstuction occurs. Good use of polite vernacular too.

Hadrian's Wall worked for how many centuries?

------------------------------------

OK - for the sake of argument let's not build any wall. How exactly do you propose to effectively stem the flow/flood of illegals across the border (And please no silliness about just opening things up and letting anyone in.)

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Good use of polite vernacular too.
    I don't give a fuck about polite vernacular, chief. I think a better question than- "what would I do to stem the flow of illegals?"- why is a self proclaimed mid-60 year old former academic doing on a videogame forum with people half his age? Is that how you lured kids into your van back in the day, with promises of Sega Genesis?

How's that for polite vernacular? 😉

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

And letís not ignore the fact that Trump didnít dream up this ďwallĒ clearly out of the blue. He may have sold it as an original idea, but he was really just embellishing on what previous presidents had [quietly] been working on. Yes, even Obama!

Iíd also like to hear from CrystalPepsi and SegataS and all the other overzealous Trump-haters about that OTHER person who ran against Trump, who was accused of much more heinous things than being a racist pig. Funny how her name hasnít even been mentioned yet.

The amount of blood [allegedly] on her hands is absolutely chilling, and yet people really only want to complain about unimaginative, bubble gum tabloid crap... the kind of insubstantial nonsense that is easily-digestible and makes for some good quick-and-dirty headlines on Googleís homepage.

And by the way, Iím no Trump lover. Had I voted at all in the past twenty years, I would have gone Dem all the way. That being said, despite the fact that as a Californian, my vote totally doesnít matter, i might just be inclined to take part in 2020, if only to try to make sure the Democrats donít get anyone in the office. The liberals arenít nearly as fun nowadays as they were in Bill Clintonís day.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    My money is on him having a 2nd term.
    It is possible.

What you Republicans need to know is if Trump wins a 2nd term, then he will be the last Republican president in history. As the U.S. takes 1 million immigrants per year, 75% of those immigrants are voting Democrat. So by 2024, the U.S. demographics will be changed to the point where its impossible for Republicans to win elections ever again.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

I don't give a fuck about polite vernacular, chief. I think a better question than- "what would I do to stem the flow of illegals?"- why is a self proclaimed mid-60 year old former academic doing on a videogame forum with people half his age? Is that how you lured kids into your van back in the day, with promises of Sega Genesis?

Guys, this is the kind of thing Iíd report or neg. I wonít, but mainly because I wonít need to.

Seriously Crystal, why are you here? You donít seem to like anyone here and no one seems to like you. All you really want to do is spread your anger and venom, very little of which even gets a reaction. Why havenít you gone off to some echochamber on some other site? I canít imagine that youíd have to look very hard to find a place where your views are appreciated.

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Guys, this is the kind of thing Iíd report or neg. I wonít, but mainly because I wonít need to.

Seriously Crystal, why are you here? You donít seem to like anyone here and no one seems to like you. All you really want to do is spread your anger and venom, very little of which even gets a reaction. Why havenít you gone off to some echochamber on some other site? I canít imagine that youíd have to look very hard to find a place where your views are appreciated.
    Will this finally get me banned? We shall see

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Last edited by SegataS; 11-15-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I don't give a fuck about polite vernacular, chief. I think a better question than- "what would I do to stem the flow of illegals?" - why is a self proclaimed mid-60 year old former academic doing on a videogame forum with people half his age? Is that how you lured kids into your van back in the day, with promises of Sega Genesis?

You must be a real charmer IRL.

Let's see - I can't answer questions effectively so I will resort to an ad hominem attack* - assuming you have a rudimentary enough grasp of simple logic to understand the concept. Really impressive dude.

If I was trying to lure people wouldn't it be more in line for me to lie about my age? I have never claimed to have been an academic (which I wasn't) - so you are making stuff up to suit your needs (however perverse they apparently are).

The bit about the van is just plain libelous. You can't reasonably (apparently) make coherent arguments so you resort to this?
    I have known komodo dragons with a more refined sense of morality than you.

*Ad hominem attacks can be based on truth or (as in this case) the basest of scurrilous accusations. Or anywhere in between.

Illegals should not be using our funds, period, but I'm curious to know what they cost tax payers since certain persons imply it isn't much.

The Wall? Everyone is aware there are portions of a "wall" already down there (well before trump came into office) with more going up as we speak. I understand the thought of a wall terrifies certain people but a physical deterrent could work well coupled with a financial deterrent. Not every illegal is coming here to work UTT so lets cut out that nonsense and even if you made it impossible for them to find employment, a large portion would still be coming for other benefits (giving birth, healthcare, education, etc..,). A double fisted approach would actually work.

Edit: Calling someone a pedo on a message board? Kinda lame to be honest.

Yes, Pepsifan constantly tries to egg me on but I usually don't give a reaction. The guy clearly doesn't like Conservatives.

Conservatives are fine, as long as they arenít white.

*Looks at forearm skin colour* oh shit...

I have heard that they are good with the right barbecue sauce.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Yeah, but... would you?
    LOL! I bloody love you, man. No, fuck no. I just have a lot of daddy issues if you must know.

Oh and Segata please drop the 'Russian collusion' bollocks. It's a total lie and you know it. Christ, not even CNN buy into that anymore and they are amongst the biggest sufferers of TDS in America!

I've noticed a trend with people on the left, namely that if something happens that they don't agree with, such as Trump's election or Brexit, then the Russians must have been behind it. Perish the thought that normal average people actually (shock horror) voted for these things!
    Last edited by Mega Drive Bowlsey; 10-30-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I've noticed a trend with people on the left, namely that if something happens that they don't agree with, such as Trump's election or Brexit, then the Russians must have been behind it. Perish the thought that normal average people actually (shock horror) voted for these things!
    Ignore the song title - a bunch of their stuff is mislabeled:

Thread Information