Quantcast

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics. It's always politics

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    oh, plenty knew he would be a failure lol
    Can't call the guy a failure seeing as him winning the election was the biggest upset in recent history.
    05/05/15

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Yeah but who listens to facts these days! DRUMP!! DRUMPF THE CUNT CUTTING INTO MAH FAMICOM IMPORTS!@~@#$

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

oh, plenty knew he would be a failure lol
    The main guys I follow were expecting him to at least build a god damn wall. You know, to keep out drug smugglers and illegal immigrants. But its late 2019 and theres no wall, and no sign of a wall.

But theres a small amount of people who knew he was gonna be a failure even in 2015/2016, because they saw that Trump was surrounded by the wrong people. They were the right ones.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Can't call the guy a failure seeing as him winning the election was the biggest upset in recent history.
    Failed to get the most votes.
    Failed to have Mexico pay for his great wall.
    Failed to replace the Affordable Care Act.
    Fails to meet the esteem and dignity of the office he holds.

A more interesting examination would be to hear from those who thought he would be the TV hero they wanted but have now seen him for who he is, a charlatan and con artist.
    Seems the divide hasn't swayed. Anyone gullible, dumb and naive enough to believe The Donald, is still that way.
    Last edited by Zz Badnusty; 10-30-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Failed to get the majority of the vote.
    Failed to have Mexico pay for his great wall.
    Failed to replace the Affordable Care Act.
    Fails to meet the esteem and dignity of the office he holds.

No one got a majority of the popular vote - so I am not sure what your point is. It is a flat out truth that he got the majority of the electoral college votes - which is what actually matters in our form of representative democracy.

If the wall could get built (thank you Dem obstructionists) it would actually pay for itself with money that wouldn't get siphoned off to
    caring for illegals in one way or another and fewer remittances heading south - so in essence Mexico would not be getting those as a form of income and those monies would stay (or be put to better use) in our economy.

He did gut Obumblecare though (which was, by its final construction, unconstitutional in any event). Congress (thank you Dems again) has failed to come up with any legislation to replace it. The president's office can't create legislation. In any event despite promises to the contrary I couldn't keep my doctor, my medical plan and my costs went up rather than down.

That is a subjective judgment with nothing but slippery vague quantifications at best - with the exception of (maybe) Carter no president in my recent memory has done a good job on that (assuming we could agree on what qualifies). And Carter was arguably the most ineffective president in recent memory.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; 10-30-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Well he's the most interesting US President in my lifetime and probably since Nixon. I, and I imagine most other people outside America, found US politics pigshit boring for years, but then along comes Trump and shit gets real. I fucking love the guy so stick that in your PC pipe and smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Well he's the most interesting US President in my lifetime and probably since Nixon. I, and I imagine most other people outside America, found US politics pigshit boring for years, but then along comes Trump and shit gets real. I fucking love the guy so stick that in your PC pipe and smoke it.
    So like tell us what you really feel.....

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

You do realize the last Bush in office successfully talked you guys into going to war, right? Or is that pigshit boring because you could occasionally believe the things Bush said?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    If the wall could get built (thank you Dem obstructionists) it would actually pay for itself with money that wouldn't get siphoned off to
    caring for illegals in one way or another and fewer remittances heading south - so in essence Mexico would not be getting those as a form of income and those monies would stay (or be put to better use) in our economy.
    What a naive load of horseshit, no matter which side of the aisle you're on.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Last edited by SegataS; 11-15-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Yeah, but... would you?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

He lost the public vote. He had Russia interfere with it anyway and he is close to being impeached. He has the worst approval rating of any president in history.
    My money is on him having a 2nd term.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    What a naive load of horseshit, no matter which side of the aisle you're on.
    Such reasonable discourse - not.

So illegal aliens use absolutely no social services.

And no remittances go to points south of the border and out of the US economy?

And exactly how have the Dems in the house helped build the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Such reasonable discourse - not.

So illegal aliens use absolutely no social services.

And no remittances go to points south of the border and out of the US economy?

And exactly how have the Dems in the house helped build the wall?
    Wasn't shooting for reasonable discourse.

Illegals do use social services, they're just not nearly the drain the right claims they are.

Remittances do go south of the border, but not enough that would somehow pay for a border wall or help the economy in any significant way.

The border wall is a flat out dumb idea and complete waste of taxpayer and military resources. So I don't give a flying fuck if the Dems are obstructionist. You should probably assign blame to the ineffectual Republicans who couldn't get it done when they had a majority in Congress.

Thread Information