Quantcast

Thread: The Making of Ecco the Dolphin

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Default The Making of Ecco the Dolphin

Yet another top quality 'making of' video courtesy of those amazing people at Strafefox. Ecco is a game that has always sharply divided opinion, with some people loving it and others finding it too difficult and the gameplay meandering. Whichever camp you're in there's no denying that Ecco and it's sequel provide one of the more unique gameplay experiences on the Mega Drive.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Yet another top quality 'making of' video courtesy of those amazing people at Strafefox. Ecco is a game that has always sharply divided opinion, with some people loving it and others finding it too difficult and the gameplay meandering. Whichever camp you're in there's no denying that Ecco and it's sequel provide one of the more unique gameplay experiences on the Mega Drive.
    Excellent video, thank you.

As for the game:

-Get out of the water labyrinth
    -Rescue and unlocking of passages and bosses.
    -avoid or fight permanent predators
    -do not die of asphyxia
    -A super dexterity required for certain passages
    that could discourage...

-Graphic friendliness and excellent sound compositions
    -A well inspired story
    -The design of the Ecco 2 game makes an step forward, imagine the ideas that could have been put forward in Ecco 3...

Once again, development tools are one of the keys to the success of the project.
    Last edited by Pha; 11-06-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    An innovative game on md/gs ? I vote for.

Road Rasher

Fyi it seems Tommy Tallarico has reunited members of the original team to make an exclusive new Ecco game for the intellivision amico that will focus on mutiplayer

WCPO Agent

Great video. I had the PC CD-ROM version of Ecco back in the day, loved the soundtrack, fun game once you get used to the controls. I want to say it ran in 256 color mode with less dithering than the MD version but now I can't remember.

I had no idea the Intellivision was going to get licenses like Ecco. I also need to get the Ecco port for 3DS.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Imagine if Sega wasn't run by a bunch of idiots, and instead of paying those French idiots to make SOR4 in Flash. They had actually hired Ed Annunziata to make Ecco The Dolphin 3 for the Sega Genesis Mini.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Imagine if Sega wasn't run by a bunch of idiots, and instead of paying those French idiots to make SOR4 in Flash. They had actually hired Ed Annunziata to make Ecco The Dolphin 3 for the Sega Genesis Mini.
    Why call them french idiots? They did a stellar job with the new WB dragonís trap, and gameplay seems fine with sor4, why not wait to play before judging? I get you dont like the artsyle, but at least wait for the games release and try it!

Thread Information