Quantcast

Thread: Beocenter AV5

Default Beocenter AV5

Anyone know anything about this unit. I discovered on accident watching a video on youtube and it has me extremely curious. It has a built in CDI and a nice speaker setup. I don't think it ever made it to the US.

I need one of these ASAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

It's weird that a television from 1997 would have a CD-i inside of it. The console was pretty much dead by that point.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

WCPO Agent

CD-I was a flop from day one. Philips claims they sold a million units, maybe they did, but it never got any good software and fizzled quickly. By 1997 it was completely obsolete. I am going to bet B&O wanted a way to get photo CDs working on their unit and by that time it was dirt cheap to license the CD-I specs.

Thread Information