Quantcast

Thread: The history of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade doc

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default The history of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade doc

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Love your vids man, and this is no exception. I was a huge Turtles fan as a boy and love playing me some Hyperstone Heist on the Mega Drive. My fave turtle was always the 'party dude' Michelangelo.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

A great video like always! well done.

WCPO Agent

Good work, the TMNT game was a huge hit at the time, it really felt like playing a cartoon. Music is so catchy too. Was that the first 4 player arcade game in the U.S.? I know Sega released Quartet in 1986 but I believe it was Japan only.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Best info I can find on Quartet's release, not that the site is always the best resource, is that GameFAQS has it only listed as a US release in '86.

Either way, Warlords by Atari in 1981 beat both of them to it. Even the 2600 port is 4 player. I wouldn't discount the possibility of something even older, but who knows?

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Best info I can find on Quartet's release, not that the site is always the best resource, is that GameFAQS has it only listed as a US release in '86.

Either way, Warlords by Atari in 1981 beat both of them to it. Even the 2600 port is 4 player. I wouldn't discount the possibility of something even older, but who knows?
    Oh yeah duh I forgot about Warlords and 4 player pong games lol. Plus Tank 8 is 8 players and that's from the '70s.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Good work, the TMNT game was a huge hit at the time, it really felt like playing a cartoon. Music is so catchy too. Was that the first 4 player arcade game in the U.S.? I know Sega released Quartet in 1986 but I believe it was Japan only.
    I clearly remember seeing and playing Quartet in a pool hall for teenagers back in the day, so I don't think it was Japan only.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodreign View Post
    I clearly remember seeing and playing Quartet in a pool hall for teenagers back in the day, so I don't think it was Japan only.
    Lucky you then, I've never been so fortunate to see it out in the wild. But yeah I should have Googled first it definitely had an international release. Not to mention Gauntlet was out too.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Love your vids man, and this is no exception. I was a huge Turtles fan as a boy and love playing me some Hyperstone Heist on the Mega Drive. My fave turtle was always the 'party dude' Michelangelo.
    Thanks for the nice words, Donatello was always my favorite due to the longer reach he had. This is one of my favorite multiplayer games ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    A great video like always! well done.
    Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Thank you, I can think of warlords and even later on gauntlet .

Thread Information