Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: In your opinion is the console industry cartelized?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

People vote with their wallet. MS was going to tie physical media to a single console, with no options to sell your game, or take it to a friends house. Add to that the always watching you Kinect and people flocked to the PS4 and PC. I donít know if MS can recover the Xbox brand after those mistakes.

Sony and MS went x86, because it just makes more sense to not invest tons of money into custom hardware. And the added costs of creating custom dev kits for custom hardware was costly and held back 3rd party developers.
    Last edited by gamevet; 12-09-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I donít know if MS can recover the Xbox brand after those mistakes.
    of course, see my drawing on the previous page and watch the videos in the OP. in the current system there is no success or failure as both consoles will always work out just lower the price and insiste with the hardware in the market sales will occur, in addition to the backbone of the market are the third party support 85% equal between both consoles, one would buy an xbox no matter how bad it will be because it will have GTA 6 and the other multi, then just lower the price.

People vote with their MS was going to tie physical media to a single console, with no options to sell your game, or take it to a friends house. Add to that the always watching you Kinect and people flocked to the PS4 and PC. I donít know if MS can recover the Xbox brand after those mistakes.

Sony and MS went x86, because it just makes more sense to not invest tons of money into custom hardware. And the added costs of creating custom dev kits for custom hardware was costly and held back 3rd party developers.
    It's wasn't just to one console (that's Nintendo style ) It was one check every 24th Hours for the owner of the game to log in and where 2nd hand games might charge a free to be played, but that was up to 3rd parties .

Of course it should be noted that it was much a similar policy for 2nd hand PS3 games , where certain 2nd hand PS3 games you had to pay a fee to play the game online again via the PSN Pass .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Pretty much 1 console owner. You couldnít lend your game to a friend or buy a used copy. MS axed that after the backlash, but the damage had already been done. Trying to also force the Kinect (added $100 to the price) made it even worse.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

With the Xbox One all the games, all the content, all the saves are tied to the gamer Tag and not the Console. Not matter who's console you are on, as soon as you log in all your content, all the games and all the saves are open to you , everything is synched as soon as you log in.

Not like Nintendo (which ties content to a console) and even on a PS4 you have to activate and deactivate a console (if using another PS4) Also unlike SONY, game saves are uploaded to the Cloud not matter if you are Live subscriber or not and there is also not limit on the saves files .

With Sony you have to be a PS+ member to use the Cloud and it also got a limit and you also have the pain if needing to activate and deactivate a console to transfer files via the Cloud.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I know that. I have 2 Xbox 360s and was using Games for Windows Live on PC. What MS announced was a game tied to one console and Sony mocked that by showing one guy handing a PS3 disc to another.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...history/%3famp

Though the Xbox One has become a huge success for Microsoft, its first day in the spotlight played out in spectacularly bad fashion. Most of the conference disappointed, but the most outrageous aspect was Microsoftís proposed approach to physical games. Microsoft said Xbox One disc-based games would be locked to a single console, effectively killing the preowned games market. Thankfully, Microsoft quickly backtracked on the feature after an overwhelmingly negative response.
    MS was also focusing on the consoleís ability to interact with your cable box. The message of gaming was their least focused item.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I have been playing Doom on PS4 and it looks great to me.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I rented DOOM on PS4, and yeah, it wasnít bad. I only brought it up, because I was showing that someone with a competent PC (not expensive) could run those games well and since everything on Xbox One could be played on PC, there would be little need for a PC owner to own one. I got the PS4 for Sonyís awesome 1st party titles.

I know that. I have 2 Xbox 360s and was using Games for Windows Live on PC. What MS announced was a game tied to one console and Sony mocked that by showing one guy handing a PS3 disc to another.
    It's was also linked to the account, not just one console. Has long has the account holder logged in not matter the console he or she could play the game they genuinely owned as the game was watermarked to their account

Of course that would cause issues when selling the game or even lending a game to a friend .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I rented DOOM on PS4, and yeah, it wasnít bad. I only brought it up, because I was showing that someone with a competent PC (not expensive) could run those games well and since everything on Xbox One could be played on PC, there would be little need for a PC owner to own one. .

Again it's not really fair. Not that I see the need to point it out. On its launch the price of the card was $400, that's for the card. $400 dollars got you a complete brand new PS4 with everything you needed including a BluRay Drive, cooling system and Joypad everything.

Also, I don't think MS cares at all , if you game on the PC or one of its consoles as long as you use windows, the game needs Direct X MS will be making money and even better ,if you happen to buy a game produced by MS.
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 12-10-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information