Quantcast

Thread: First PlayStation 5 game. Godfall

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

PS4 First PlayStation 5 game. Godfall

From Gearbox that studio that stole money from SEGA.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Is this their next God(s) of War?
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Only gameplay I have

Hack n Slash RPG with loot system and single and multiplayer. PS5 only atm.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training eukara's Avatar

It'll also be on Windows PCs via the Epic Games Store according to the website title.

Looks amazing TBH.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Godfall? Titanfall? Greedfall? Fuck these namesfall. And not surprisingly, looks like every other modern game. Ugly as sin. How many lackluster hack and slack clones does this forsaken world need? Sorry I just kinda hate modern games, to be honest.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Looks like CGI movie graphics from 2005. Though I'm trying not to get excited about PS5, it means I gotta upgrade my setup to a 4K TV and 7.1 LPCM surround, so combined with a PS5 we're looking at around $2000. So likely a 2 year waiting time.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Godfall? Titanfall? Greedfall? Fuck these namesfall. And not surprisingly, looks like every other modern game. Ugly as sin. How many lackluster hack and slack clones does this forsaken world need? Sorry I just kinda hate modern games, to be honest.
    So you prefer playing the StuntGP game in your signature? That game is GOAT brah

Agreed...looks like the same old garbage that has been released and re-released since God of War was popular 15 years ago. We're just dinosaurs at this point playing the same old shit. At this point what do I even need to play anything past the N64/Sega Saturn era anyway? There are literally hundreds of games out there. I would be satisfied with an N64, every Mario game, and four controllers for the rest of my days at this point in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    So you prefer playing the StuntGP game in your signature? That game is GOAT brah
    Stunt GP was originally a Dreamcast game, what do you want? It's fine. And yes frankly, I'd play an oldschool arcade racer over this any day.

Godfall? That sounds like the perfect GoW knock-off title, and it sure looks like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Agreed...looks like the same old garbage that has been released and re-released since God of War was popular 15 years ago. We're just dinosaurs at this point playing the same old shit. At this point what do I even need to play anything past the N64/Sega Saturn era anyway? There are literally hundreds of games out there. I would be satisfied with an N64, every Mario game, and four controllers for the rest of my days at this point in my life.
    Pretty much. I just can't stand the modern art direction of games, or the overly convoluted control schemes and gimmicks. I shouldn't have to press a button combo like some kind of cheat code on a modern controller that has like 12 buttons just to switch between various mechanics and menus so I can play the damn game correctly. If the game is that in-depth, to hell with it. I can have a lot more fun with way more basic games. I don't want to earn a degree first in order to play ultra shiny knock-off God of War.

However, I will admit I do still like Nintendo's modern games and consoles. Maybe it's a bias, but do still find them enjoyable. I also do like some of the modern "retro" style games released today. I'm just old, and set in my ways. This modern stuff don't do it for me anymore.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

I just can't stand the modern art direction of games, or the overly convoluted control schemes and gimmicks. I shouldn't have to press a button combo like some kind of cheat code on a modern controller that has like 12 buttons just to switch between various mechanics and menus so I can play the damn game correctly. If the game is that in-depth, to hell with it. I can have a lot more fun with way more basic games. I don't want to earn a degree first in order to play ultra shiny knock-off God of War.
    I guess you weren't a fan of old PC games... The controls for TIE Fighter (who doesn't know them by heart?):

Stunt GP was originally a Dreamcast game, what do you want? It's fine. And yes frankly, I'd play an oldschool arcade racer over this any day.
    I tried it in an emulator and found it to be a P.O.S, and it literally runs at N64 polycounts. But if it floats your boat then theres nothing wrong with that.

Action-RPGs are my favourite genre, so this game already has my attention despite the super generic name. You can consider me a gamer sheep. I love the mainstream coal shoveled into our mouths.

Godfall? That sounds like the perfect GoW knock-off title, and it sure looks like it too.

Pretty much. I just can't stand the modern art direction of games, or the overly convoluted control schemes and gimmicks. I shouldn't have to press a button combo like some kind of cheat code on a modern controller that has like 12 buttons just to switch between various mechanics and menus so I can play the damn game correctly. If the game is that in-depth, to hell with it. I can have a lot more fun with way more basic games. I don't want to earn a degree first in order to play ultra shiny knock-off God of War.

However, I will admit I do still like Nintendo's modern games and consoles. Maybe it's a bias, but do still find them enjoyable. I also do like some of the modern "retro" style games released today. I'm just old, and set in my ways. This modern stuff don't do it for me anymore.

There is big difference between QTE known as a quick time events. Famous in god of war games. Which these controls to me are shit and annoying more then hard.

Vs something that is more complicated controls like playing diablo or WOW on PC. If you think that's earning a degree then you just suck at some games.

Thread Information