Quantcast

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Megadrive reproductions

I recommend you buy them all - twice!
    Jelly Boy and Megamix are my favorites. Depends on your tastes in games as to what you'd like :-)

If you like the first Prince of Persia then you'll like the sequel, I think its better as it has some more interesting locations and such.

Beneath the clouds is good fun, a bit easy really, but its enjoyable to play, quite a few different special moves and magic spells to use etc.

I don't think theres any other game quite like ResQ on megadrive, its a mix of shooting, platforming and puzzles. Its quite slow paced, but definitly worth checking out if you want something different.

Itchy and Scratchy is pretty easy, the main levels especially so, the end of level bosses are what make the game interesting though.

Sonic Eraser is quite a simple puzzle game, similar sort of thing to columns. When you score combos your sonic runs over and attacks the other players sonic character. It was made in 1991, so is actually the first sequel to Sonic the Hedgehog, not Sonic 2!

Putter Golf is the forerunner to Putt and Putter on Master System and Gamegear, kind of marble madness meets mini golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight
    I'd need to see your screengrab again before I would go for that. It would be sort of interesting, though, if that was a beta shot of a canned game.

Hey, you might be onto something.

You're right - the character design and concepts are VERY similar, so that's a step in the right direction. The art, however, is completely different.

Ceramic Arms Outrunner Kikoskia's Avatar

I haven't seen anything similar to Beneath the Clouds before; is it a totally original effort?

Megadrive games: 254
    Kikoskia's Let's Plays on YouTube

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kikoskia
    SNAP!

Me too!

Back on topic, I tend to use Paypal really. It's excellent that you do. It's almost garunteed that I will get something from you. I just need to figure out what... Got any reccomendations? Barring 'all of them', of course.
    Yours on the 18th too?!

I thought I was unique! XD
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

I haven't seen anything similar to Beneath the Clouds before; is it a totally original effort?
    At first I thought it was a totally original Tawainese game, but after playing it extensively I believe its a hack (albeit a very good one) of Golden Axe. It also borrows a little bit of graphics and sound from a couple of other games too. Overall its a very polished game though, excellent graphics and its plays really nicely too.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I thought Sonic Megamix was a work in progress? Last I heard they still hadn't added a few things.

Anyway, very nice work. The manuals and inserts are a great touch; puts you above the guy who does NES reproductions in my mind.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Playgen, would you ever consider making a cart of King Colossus? I'd pay good money for that. And sending you a PM for Sonic Megamix and Jelly Boy right now

I thought Sonic Megamix was a work in progress? Last I heard they still hadn't added a few things.

Anyway, very nice work. The manuals and inserts are a great touch; puts you above the guy who does NES reproductions in my mind.
    I've used the latest release of it, which is considered to be the final complete release.

Thanks for the nice feedback, I've noticed the two sites that do nes games, they definitly have it easier.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playgen
    I've used the latest release of it, which is considered to be the final complete release.
    "Final" as in, they're not working on it anymore? Hmm.

---

If you're interested, your list of unreleased games is missing a few (although none of these have ROMs available as far as I know). I don't feel like registering at that other board just to post this.

Virtua Fighter Animation was to be a greatly enhanced version of the GG game, developed by Sega of America, due for release in late '97. Supposedly it was canned due to lack of market. A box shot was shown amongst a bunch of Saturn games in their "A world of games" pamphlet that a few Saturn games came with.

There's also X-Women, which was to be a side-scrolling X-Men game, similar to Clone Wars in gameplay, but featuring an all-female cast of playable characters. Release was to be 1997. It was mentioned in magazines here, and I don't know why it was canned.

Finally, there's Time Trax, a port of an SNES game. I don't know how far into development it got, but the soundtrack (specifically of the Genesis version) was released on the internet.
    Last edited by j_factor; 11-09-2007 at 05:40 PM.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Ceramic Arms Outrunner Kikoskia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    Yours on the 18th too?!

I thought I was unique! XD
    Not so! And I am older, so you copied me! So nyah!

Anyway, I will most certainly be getting something. I just have to decide on what. Beneath the Clouds had interested me a lot, but then again it IS a hack of a game...

Megadrive games: 254
    Kikoskia's Let's Plays on YouTube

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

Not so! And I am older, so you copied me! So nyah!

Anyway, I will most certainly be getting something. I just have to decide on what. Beneath the Clouds had interested me a lot, but then again it IS a hack of a game...
    only by a year

i actually have a good present set, a Cardbus TV Tuner for my laptop.
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Still would love to know if a translated King Colossus cart is possible. I'd KILL for that. Really. You just name the person and I'll make it happen.

These people might be able to help you.

Beneath the Clouds had interested me a lot, but then again it IS a hack of a game...
    What game? I have the name on my tongue but it won't get out (... )

InternalPrimate: Ofcourse it is possible. Problem is if he can add a battery and make it save. Or you can play the game in one sitting (not recommended).
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information