Quantcast

Thread: Cre Ball

Lightbulb Cre Ball

We're all used to licensed games, but sometimes companies work up a combination that's more dangerous than a live wire. Who would ever have thought that mixing pinball with metal rockers Motley Cre would actually work? The final product may not be ground-breaking, but it's actually quite playable. Sega-16 contributor Benjamin (Dr. Feelgood) Galway gave it some serious playtime and shares his experience in his full review. You may be too young to fall in love and walking the wild side, but Sega-16 will always be your home sweet home. There, did we toss in enough Motley Cre references for ya?
    Last edited by Melf; 07-21-2011 at 09:55 AM.

[ footage not found ] Nameless One buzz_clik's Avatar

I don't mind Cre Ball, really. It's certainly not as slick or entertaining as the mighty Dragon's Fury, which casts its monstrous shadow over all other pinball games. But there's certainly enough here to kickstart my heart, if only for an hour or so. Despite the tables feeling very simple (both in graphics and construction), there's always enough going on to distract you from this fact. It all moves quickly enough, yet it's harder to die than other pinny offerings. But I just think that adds to the disposable fun factor.

To sum up, Dragon's Fury is the harder nut game that challenges you to master it, and feels rewarding for doing so. Cre Ball is the friendlier option you pop on when you just want to mindlessly fling a silver ball around. And that's not really that bad a thing to me.

"This was a good review and it brings up all the main gripes I had with the game. I was especially disappointed with the music..
    I do think better physics and variety would\'ve been possible on MD, but it didn\'t seem like much effort was ever put into the pinball sims.. not that I really care tbh."

So I tried commenting but it turned out to be a bit buggy.

I like the comment thing, but it looks like each comment could use either a bounding box or more space between the other comments to help clean it up and separate them from each other.

[ footage not found ] Nameless One buzz_clik's Avatar

Heh heh, snap! I said similarly in this thread, precisely because my Cre Ball comments brought it to light.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

I love the sound track... but it needs PCM drums !!! You can't do metal with FM drums !!! Mtley Cre is one of my favourite metal bands, and Kickstart My Heart one of my favourite songs...
    EA can't do games right... they always leave something undone... giving the "final touch"...
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

I got Cre Ball recently but I haven't had the time to play it again.
    The think I like most about the game is the song for stage 2. Soooo cool!

There's also the fact that it has a reasonably reachable ending.
    I'm not really into pinball games, and Devil's Crash is too difficult.
    Last edited by Kollision; 11-13-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

like the attempting metal in this game,that makes this game a decent one,your review was good but you kicking then game to hart,it plays nice it looks okay the music is good but loops to quick,it lacks the final touch in the music altought i enjoy the music.i would give a 7 or a 7,5 i actually enjoys its good oll' time.

Sports Talker

I love this game. Not is good as Dragon's Revenge but a solid pinball game and I love Motley Crue.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Back at school one of the fads was collecting Sega Super Play cards and the Cre Ball card was one of the most common.

Cre Ball is, therefore, a game I have been trying to get for a while. The user comments are a great touch and help contrast/summarise the main review. A big well played to Melf, Ben, Joe, Gen. Musharraf and Gilius Thunderhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Jamesprower

I still own Crue Ball... Had it for about 10 years now. Highly entertaining, i think. Obviously, it had it's flaws. The bonus Ramp is my favorite one to Nitpick at. What with the Game's physic's being slightly Disorientated, for lack of a better word, trying to shoot in the bloody thing can cause you to loose a Ball oh so easily it's practicly Criminal. However, i still find it fun...
    And for the record i Kinda liked Brian Schmidt's Music... Especialy Volume 4's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesprower
    The bonus Ramp is my favorite one to Nitpick at. What with the Game's physic's being slightly Disorientated, for lack of a better word, trying to shoot in the bloody thing can cause you to loose a Ball oh so easily it's practicly Criminal. However, i still find it fun...
    Yeah, that's the problem with the bonus stage and the design of the game. A good third of the table is devoted to triggering it, and it's really not worth the effort to do so. You can earn extra lives there, but being placed low on the board along with that poor ramp means you're more likely to lose balls just trying to reach the thing. It's a fun game, but it definitely could be better.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

The worst thing in this game has to be the tought of this game,Its Motley crue glam metal and your loosing balls in this game.

Before the game be named Crue Ball, is Twisted Flipper was supposed to use some Twisted Sister songs?
    If this information is correct, would be great because i prefer Twisted "Fucking" Sister over Motley Crue! LOL
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Thread Information