Quantcast

Thread: Wiz 'N' Liz

Default Wiz 'N' Liz

Long before Project Gotham Racing, Bizarre Creations had already garnered fame for their fresh and innovative games. Among them is a little-know action/platformer named Wiz 'N' Liz, in which players take control of two little wizards on their way to rescue...rabbits. The weird thing is, it's actually quite fun! Red our full review and see just why!
    Last edited by Melf; 08-25-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Maybe your doing it now, but the homepage still has the Street fighter update.

wow I've never heard of this game but it totally looks like it would be up my alley.

anybody know how much this game goes for?

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

It goes for peanuts, but it's quite uncommon. It's also great fun.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Wildside Expert

I passed over this game when it came out because it didn't seem like there was enough action, but now that I'm older, I'm finding that I like games that challenge my brain more than my fingers, so this might be worth checking out.

Good review though.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

This game is very affordable and I just laugh every time I see the title "Wiz n Liz" Sounds like Wizz in Lizz.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    This game is very affordable and I just laugh every time I see the title "Wiz n Liz" Sounds like Wizz in Lizz.
    ^Lol yeah I guess that does sound perverted, now that u mentioned it. (Pee inside of Liz? Gross. lol)

Just got this game and it's sweet. Nice graphics, music, tight controls...

BTW what's up with the moon??? Haven't seen an explanation online, or the scanned manual (as I have just the cart & box).

Is there an explanation in the manual? Why does it make that evil face? lol

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

I'm surprised neither the article, nor any of these posts mention that: this S.O.B. MOVES! This is like the non-Sonic-Genesis version of a fast Nintendo console game. Won't reach Sonic's top speed, but you move at an incredible pace all throughout. In fact, it may outpace Uniracers(though a keener eye than mine would be needed to really look into that).

Btw, you can actually unlock a 1 time game of snake with the right spell.
    Last edited by midnightrider; 01-24-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Long before Project Gotham Racing, Bizarre Creations had already garnered fame for their fresh and innovative games. Among them is a little-know action/platformer named Wiz 'N' Liz, in which players take control of two little wizards on their way to rescue...wabbits. The weird thing is, it's actually quite fun! Red our full review and see just why!
    Fixed.

I like this game a great deal. Smashing music, additive gameplay, great humour (check out the credits roll, the guys behind this obviously enjoyed making it). It's tough even on the easiest setting at first(time runs out alot), but when you get the trick of grabbing the wabbits, THEN going for the power ups you can save a ton of time. And the bosses? Oh boy are they challenging.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Its funny how uncommon this game is in my area, I saw it for the first time yesterday and snatched it up for $6 cart only. (Really good shape though) I really like it, I'm surprised it's as inexpensive as it is considering how uncommon it is to find in the wild.

The best game about wizards catching bunnies ever made. Seriously, this one's a gem

Fast, charming, random and with TONS of replay value thanks to the potions, relentless jokes, minigames and references to other Psygnosis games. And it's only a game about catching those silly Wabbits one time and another in -BEWARE, HERE BE A SPOILER - endless loops thanks to the incompetence of our two wizards.

Also, nice soundtrack by the often forgotten Matt Furniss, one of the finest VG composers of the era.

Thread Information