Quantcast

Thread: Jammit

Exclamation Jammit

Street basketball is well-represented in video games. From early classics like Jordan vs. Bird to the immensely popular NBA Jam series, there are quite a few games from which to choose (so long as you ignore White Men Can't Jump on the Jaguar!). Jammit, Virgin Games' entry on the court, may lack the real players of NBA Jam, but it sure does make up for it in attitude! Read our full review for more info on this B-ball title.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-02-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Wow, four reviews in the banner sections, I feel special for some reason Melf.

Vinny, I told you I was going to pass you up in the amount of useless and forgotten games you reviewed!
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

Yeah, but you will never pass me up. I am the guy who loves the forgotten, forgettable sports games. I reviewed Pro Quarterback! I am going to do Pat Riley Basketball! Im just giving you a hard time.

You got it right about this game being pretty forgettable, but the thing that got me the most was the slippery controls and weird angle of viewing. Like the angle that the court is displayed is weird. I don't like it.

There were no real good street hoops games for Genesis. Id like to review Jordan V. Bird some day, but it didnt get real fun for me until the first two NBA Street games.
    Sega-16's Resident Sports Authority. Chief Heckler of the Midwest.

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

You got that right, Sports Guy, I could never review all of those sports games you do but I make up for it with other games, I did jammit, Blockout, and Deadly Moves recently and soon Earth Defense, get ready for an all new level of bad with that one everyone. I also submitted a lets just say, an Ultra Surprise that you readers are sure to enjoy but it's a surprise til it goes up.

Keep up with all of those sports games though.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Good review, nice and to the point. Makes me want to play this game again. I played it on emulator many years ago but I don't remember much about it.

This brought back old memories! I don't think I've played this in like 15 years. I had totally forgot about it, but I will track it down.

Thanks

I remember playing when I was little, I'm surprised I still have it. Man is it corny, "Mamma said knock you out" I haven't heard that in years. I could never get use to the controls but then again sports games were never really my thing.

Not as corny as the 32X CD Slam City with Scottie Pippen. If you havent seen some of those hilarious lines, check out the AVGN's amazing takes on the Sega CD and 32X.

"Crush him up like nuts!"

"Yeah, and sprinkle him on some salad!"

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

I'm really glad that this review is getting attention and posts in this thread. I figured it'd be another one of those games that no one cares about at all and everyone would never post for. It makes me enjoy doing obscure game reviews more seeing it generate some interest.

Jammit is just another one of those games I sift through at Goodwill. How anyone could actually want to spend time on it boggles my mind.

As Mr. Jackson has passed the 10 article threshold, he has now reached official site contributor status* on the forum!

Congrats!

* women and wine not included.

I was wondering if he was going to be a contributor or on the staff.

I'd buy you a case of ice cold Miller Lite, but I rear ended someone and its gonna cost me 100 bucks to get it fixed. No beer for you. Sorry. But yay!

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

Thread Information