Quantcast

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

Why does the cable company keep raising my internet speeds tier? They have done it twice within six months out of the blue.
    Three months ago they eliminated the tier was using so they pushed it up to 60Mbps their newest low tier and the what was a free cable modem I was provided by them for a couple of years ago all of a sudden is a five dollar rental per month. Had drive by their costumer service and toss it back at them. So for first time since 2002 (back when I worked as a contractor for them installing the very network in this region I'm using now) I had to get my own cable modem. Of which is nice a modem/router though. Netgear C6220
    Now again bumped it up to mid tier of 100Mbps

In appreciation of your loyalty, you'll be able to connect to everything you love even faster. We're increasing your internet speed to 100 Mbps, on us. There's nothing for you to doóyour speed will increase automatically.
    This probably just means they're going to raise the rate. Again!

I tried to create some pixel art for the first time recently. I don't think they've turned out too bad (for a first attempt), but I can see now why pixel art costs so much money. Each animation frame has taken a ridiculously long time.

I now have even more respect for good pixel artists.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

I've been paying for 50mb of service yet I receive about 4x's that speed with xfinity.

Banned by Administrators

Here's an idea on how much better comic book movies could be.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I've been saving for a Bose sound system.

Specifically...

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundTou.../dp/B01MDQ3LKM
    Thatís one of the systems Iíve been looking at. Also looking at similar setups from Sonos and Samsung

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse813 View Post
    Thatís one of the systems Iíve been looking at. Also looking at similar setups from Sonos and Samsung
    Cool beans. Let me know what you end-up with. I'm still saving-up for that Bose sound system. Here's to hoping it might go down in price.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    I tried to create some pixel art for the first time recently. I don't think they've turned out too bad (for a first attempt), but I can see now why pixel art costs so much money. Each animation frame has taken a ridiculously long time.

I now have even more respect for good pixel artists.
    I've been having a go at making PS2 memory card icons, and it's a similar process making convincing shapes with limited polygons. Pixel art is, I think, and especially with the 16 bit era's limitations, the most demanding form of video game art. Especially if trying to create realism.

On a side note, anyone know how to make an animated PS2 MC icon? I can do still ones.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I've been saving for a Bose sound system.

Specifically...

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundTou.../dp/B01MDQ3LKM
    @Jesse: BTW, I got a Sony HT CT290/291 on Black Friday for under $150 to get my sound needs met until I can afford to get a better sound system. This one is a 2.1 soundbar with wireless subwofer. It's actually very good. And, imo, the best for that price. Not sure what it's going for now.

Going with the SONOS since I learned the other speakers I have from them can be paired with the Playbar

Banned by Administrators

Everyone is doing top lists for the year and Horizon Zero Dawn keeps popping up on everyone's lists. This does not compute when the best description for this game on the internet is this;

Horizon doesn't advance the genre. It doesn't differentiate itself in any interesting ways. It does nothing to improve upon the ideas it steals.

If that is not a generic game then I don't know what is.

QuickScifi I think your Twitter's been hacked, it's posting some dodgy stuff lately.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    QuickScifi I think your Twitter's been hacked, it's posting some dodgy stuff lately.
    Damn. I guess there is a first time for everything. Thanks man.

I cant see any tweets on my end other than the stuff I posted. I unfollowed all 230 plus accounts that were added. I removed some "retweets". I changed my interests back to just gaming (they were all checked out). And I removed push notifications.

How would something like this happen? I wonder if I'm going to have to change all my passwords now. 😤

Either a bot/someone got lucky when trying to get into your account, or you have malware/a key logger on your phone/computer. My advice would be to update all your devices and change all your passwords, and do a thorough virus scan on all of them.

EDIT: I've uploaded a video of all the tweets your account posted whilst it was hacked, much better than filling this thread with about 20 screenshots.

EDIT2: This site might help you - it scans for any traces of your emails on the 'net to see if they're part of some security breach or hack list. Might isolate where the hack originated from.
    Last edited by The Jackal; 12-10-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Banned by Administrators

Sergio Leone is what you get when perfectionism and talent meet.

Thread Information