Quantcast

Page 2107 of 2114 FirstFirst ... 11071607200720572097210321042105210621072108210921102111 ... LastLast
Results 31,591 to 31,605 of 31700

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Ya know it never occurred to me that you were European, Neo. For some reason I thought you were from the US. Don't ask me why...
    Hah, people told me that before. I think it has to do with growing up in the 80s on a steady diet of The A-Team/Knightrider/Airwolf/Magnum/Miami Vice and reading mostly American gaming magazines (GamePro/EGM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    Its worth it. The EU wants to flood your country with millions of Africans and Arabs. They view Europe as the dumping ground for every person who wants to escape a 3rd world country.
    Most people in the US don't realize the bullet they dodged when Hillary lost the election, bet your ass she would have pulled a Merkel on the US and invited them all in.
    Personally I don't care anymore, my life's over anyway. I'm just sitting here eating popcorn watching Europe crumble under its own politically correct bullshit.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Hah, people told me that before. I think it has to do with growing up in the 80s on a steady diet of The A-Team/Knightrider/Airwolf/Magnum/Miami Vice and reading mostly American gaming magazines (GamePro/EGM)

Most people in the US don't realize the bullet they dodged when Hillary lost the election, bet your ass she would have pulled a Merkel on the US and invited them all in.
    Personally I don't care anymore, my life's over anyway. I'm just sitting here eating popcorn watching Europe crumble under its own politically correct bullshit.
    I knew, if it’s any consolation. Plus, wasn’t “THE NETHERLANDS” listed as your location at some point? Is that the same as being Dutch? I dunno...

I imagine the US has another four years before Hillary takes over. Not her specifically, perhaps, but all the nutjobs who want Trump’s polar opposite. It’s strange how many people would rather have their color of choice in the White House than have their freedom...

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Yeah, I knew Neo was Dutch too. Of course, we've been here BSing about video games together for about a decade now, so that makes sense, picked it up somewhere along the line. I live in a part of West Michigan that has a huge Dutch population, the largest in the US I think. A few years ago, the king and queen of the Netherlands actually visited our region. I'm not Dutch though, moved here later in life, my grandparents were born in Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I knew, if it’s any consolation. Plus, wasn’t “THE NETHERLANDS” listed as your location at some point? Is that the same as being Dutch? I dunno...
    Yeah that's the same, "Dutch" comes from the ye olde word Diets which stems back a long long time ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diets#...iets_and_Duyts
    but I removed that shit when a certain now banned for the sixth time member kept using my personal info as a means of attacking me, so no more personal touch. (and lets not talk about this cunt)

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post

Its worth it. The EU wants to flood your country with millions of Africans and Arabs.
    Again this is another myth with the EU and I don't know why people bash the EU for it. Sadly the Western Gov's did more for that, than the EU in the old Empire days with the likes of the Slave trade, when the UK, French, Spanish and Portuguese we sailing the sea's and taking over most of Afria and Asia . The UK most or less invented mass immigration and imported millions of works to work down the pits, in the Cotton mills. One didn't need the EU to have a load come from Europe either, the Pits Ect did that (My Grandfather came over from Ireland) and to this day in tiny village we have 2 Italian Cafe's and 3 Italian chip shops all being run by the young generation of the Italian families after their Great/Gand parents came to the UK to escape Mussolini

If your economy is doing well and there are Jobs, workers will come from all over, the USA shows that
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-16-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

I wonder if its possible to swap the files of Kiss Pinball on Playstation 1 with the duke nukem table from Balls of Steel.. effectively creating Balls of Steel on PSX.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    What were the censorship laws like in Holland in the '80s? I used to get loads of uncut horror films from there and even some really nasty stuff like Wild Beasts (which I didn't like) . I used to love the fact that I could get all the uncut gore from Tom Savini and Make-Up artists like Giannetto De Rossi; Most of Lucio Fulci work was cut to hell and back inthe UK in the 80's
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    What were the censorship laws like in Holland in the '80s? I used to get loads of uncut horror films from there and even some really nasty stuff like Wild Beasts (which I didn't like) . I used to love the fact that I could get all the uncut gore from Tom Savini and Make-Up artists like Giannetto De Rossi; Most of Lucio Fulci work was cut to hell and back inthe UK in the 80's
    I don't think we actually censored shit in the 80s, though I wasn't really into horror movies as a kid so I might have missed shit. but I don't think we did.
    I still remember the first time I actually saw censorship on tv, must have been 2012 or something.. was that James Bond movie where they stab that 006 guy in New Orleans.
    They completely cut the stab scene, only because some poor schmuck got stabbed in Amsterdam or Rotterdam whatever a couple days prior.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

[QUOTE=profholt82;848856]
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Perhaps the horror movie censorship was related to the UK "video nasty" laws of the 80s. The UK is actually home to one of my favorite distributors of 80s horror on Blu-ray, Arrow Films. Many of their releases are region B, but they do release some region free discs that we get in the US. But their releases are always the original cuts of the movies, not the truncated versions of yesterday.

While I'm not sure if they offer their releases in the UK, I heartily recommend Vinegar Syndrome's blu releases. Criterion quality video and audio with exclusive extras and beautiful slip covers. But their focus is exploitation classics of the 70s and 80s, lots of great horror flicks, and they've done a number of movies that the great Tom Savini worked on. They have their own dedicated thread on the Blu-ray.com forums, and so does Arrow and a number of other excellent distributors.
    Yeah big shout out for Arrow Films. They've been releasing absolutely excellent Blu-Rays covering so many different film genres for years now. I'm a big horror film fan and Arrow releases usually boast uncut versions with excellent sound and picture quality, especially on old films that have been cleaned up, and usually a great range of extras.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Goodbye importing games or anything in the US and goodbye to anyone who buys from the US. Trump the Cunt ruined all that. https://www.freightwaves.com/news/us...ion-next-month

Fuck him and his voters can go fuck themselves as well.
    Are you aware what's meant by saying rates are/were kept artificially low?

Edit: In terms of trade, commerce, etc.., the people of the United States have been getting raped for decades.

[QUOTE=Mega Drive Bowlsey;849014]
    Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post

Yeah big shout out for Arrow Films. They've been releasing absolutely excellent Blu-Rays covering so many different film genres for years now. I'm a big horror film fan and Arrow releases usually boast uncut versions with excellent sound and picture quality, especially on old films that have been cleaned up, and usually a great range of extras.
    Arrow and Anchor Bay are my fav ,but I have to say Scream Factory are fast becoming my fav , with their uncut films and ace extras. I love some of the stuff from Cult screenings too; Thier making of Fright Night is incredible
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Arrow, Scream, Shout and Severin have some really nice releases with plenty of content!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

That doesn't look familiar at all does it
    I'm tempted but at $60...eh. They are emulating the best controller ever tho for 2D games and fighting games. I want it for the novelty alone.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Arrow, Scream, Shout and Severin have some really nice releases with plenty of content!
    Never heard of Severin, Have to check them out. I also like 88 Films and Eurek films for their Hi-def remasters of Jackie Chan films
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Severin are very good. They're kind of like the US equivalent of Arrow...sort of. I'm a huge fan of the classic British horror films produced by Amicus Studios back in the 60's and 70's, and to get hold of a Blu Ray copy of one of my favourite horror films of all time, Asylum (1972), I had to order it from Severin over in the states. So pleased I did, it's superb.

Thread Information