Quantcast

Page 1760 of 1760 FirstFirst ... 760126016601710175017561757175817591760
Results 26,386 to 26,390 of 26390

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

For the longest time I was staunchly opposed to digital media. I had a crapton of CDs and DVDs, and the very idea of replacing them with what I saw as "air" was totally offensive.

Nowadays I pretty much only listen to digital CDs and I feel a little dumb every time I buy a DVD.

Still holding strong on the games, though. I buy digital games only rarely, and I don't even consider them part of my library.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I am amazed at how many copies of Gears of War I now own and how most of them were free. First, my Xbox One came with a download code for GoW Ultimate edition and a promo for free download codes for the 360's GoW 1, 2, 3 and Judgement. I downloaded all of those bc I don't turn down anything that's free and it's still neat to have them on the go. But I actually already owned the first four in some physical variant for the 360, which I bought for pennies on the dollar. Also, I found a physical version of Ultimate Edition at Best Buy for like $5. Now I went to buy GoW4 and, lo and behold, four free download codes for Gears of War 1,2,3 and Judgement. And that's just the cheap regular version of 4. And it even comes with some neat stickers. How awesome is that?

The Xbox One has been full of surprises since I bought it. Killer Instinct Definitive Edition and Ori and the Blind Forest were both $15 for the longest time since launch, and they included so many things packed in that little green box. Sunset Overdrive is by far their best exclusive, and u can still find it at Walmart for like 8 bucks. Halo the Master Chief Collection was like $20 and it included everything all the way up to Halo 4. Also $20 was Rare Replay collection, just awesome. And even the beautiful platformer action RPG ReCore was released at a budget price. Not to mention Quantum Break came with a free download copy of Alan Wake.

I love gaming!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Thats not quite how it works here. My house is more like a game sanctuary, rather than a halfway house.

Rebel Pizza Raging in the Streets Thief's Avatar

Do any of you know what sucks about an afternoon nap? You just don't recover from them for some reason and end up in this weird melancholy burnt out state for the rest of the day. It can be very, very boring at times. So sorry if I can't share your "gaming is so awesome" perspective at the moment, QuickSciFi.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

I don't take naps.

One, I usually turn on like a light as soon as I wake up and stay that way until about 9 or 10pm

Two, pretty much what Thief said. The few times I've taken a nap, it has pretty much killed the rest of the day for me. I never wake up feeling remotely refreshed.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I'm a night owl. So, if I take a nap, I'm usually up till 6 or 7 am the next day. At which point I go on through that next day till I go back to sleep... sometime btw midnight and 2am the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Thats not quite how it works here. My house is more like a game sanctuary, rather than a halfway house.

Thread Information