Quantcast

Page 2099 of 2130 FirstFirst ... 109915991999204920892095209620972098209921002101210221032109 ... LastLast
Results 31,471 to 31,485 of 31940

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

  1. #31471
    Master of Shinobi JCU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    On paper the Wii U should have been a success but Nintendo (always knowing what's best) completely fumbled the ball with marketing. When Nintendo is on, it's on like no other but when it's off, it can screw up a one car funeral and that's exactly what happened with the successor to the Wii. The marketing push was never there and I was always waiting for it to finally happen but then the point of no return came and it was sayonara. Poor marketing aside, it started off well. Nintendo Land was a fantastic pack-in and some of the initial support (Arkham City A.E.) was solid. People started forgetting about the console because you never saw ads on television and the droughts between proper software were immense. Switch was the opposite and reverted back to the days of Wii in terms of advertising. I was floored, absolutely floored, seeing ads for Switch (prior to release).

  2. #31472
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    3,901
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    MCU Spidey is no more. Disney and Sony had a spat and now we get to go back to Sony crappy Spider-Man films. Because ASM2 and Venom were such winners...



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

  3. #31473
    Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    10,223
    Rep Power
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    As long as The Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade X, Mario 3D world remain exclusive yeah I agree. It will have a small cult audience.
    Donít forget Pikmin 3, which was the entire reason I bought the WiiU to begin with...

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Count me into that fanbase
    I actually really like the WiiU and I still have it hooked up and play it [relatively] often. It is a bit disappointing that it has next to NO exclusive titles, though. Most of the best games were ported to the Switch (which was the smart thing to do, honestly).

    Wait... IS Pikmin 3 still exclusive?



    And good points, JCU. Iíd also add that Nintendo didnít do a great job informing consumers that it was an entirely new console, not just an add-on to the Wii. I remember hearing that a lot of people were confused about that...

  4. #31474
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    3,901
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Wii U didn't support any major 3rd party engines like Unreal or Cryengine. So little ram. Nintendo still using their own API and dev kits were expensive. The controller is bulky. The switch uses a better chipset. Also more powerful. Supports UE. Uses an Nvidia API that supports OpenGL and Vulkan. Marketed well and is fully portable. Wii U needed to happen so Switch could exist. I didn't mind using the Wii U when it was new but post Switch, it's hard to go back to.



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

  5. #31475
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,965
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    MCU Spidey is no more. Disney and Sony had a spat and now we get to go back to Sony crappy Spider-Man films. Because ASM2 and Venom were such winners...
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy was awesome, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.

  6. #31476
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    3,901
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy was awesome, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.
    The first 2 mean a lot to me. Just when Sony decided to mettle with the films it all went downhill. 1-2 are amazing because they let Raimi do his thing. Then 3 happened they forced Venom in there. MCU was the only good live-action Spidey films since those 2. Spidey 3 does have good moments tho. That Sandman bit of him trying to grab the locket is great. Raimi knew how to make a fantastic tragic villain.



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

  7. #31477
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,197
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Donít forget Pikmin 3, which was the entire reason I bought the WiiU to begin with...



    I actually really like the WiiU and I still have it hooked up and play it [relatively] often. It is a bit disappointing that it has next to NO exclusive titles, though. Most of the best games were ported to the Switch (which was the smart thing to do, honestly).

    Wait... IS Pikmin 3 still exclusive?



    And good points, JCU. Iíd also add that Nintendo didnít do a great job informing consumers that it was an entirely new console, not just an add-on to the Wii. I remember hearing that a lot of people were confused about that...
    I hear ya. I am all for ports on a current gen system. It allows, both, newcomers and former fans, to play the greatest hits. But I also hope history leaves the Wii U a minimum of at least one exclusive title... or at the very least a "best version" if that's not the case. I love my Wii U. And at least I still feel a uniqueness is there to be enjoyed by playing BotW on the Wii U. That Sheikah slate is definitely intended to be the Wii U gamepad at heart.

  8. #31478
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,117
    Rep Power
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy was awesome, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.
    Imagine if they said "fuck it!" and announced Spider-Man 4.

  9. #31479
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    3,901
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    We are on page 2099. Sony makes Spider-Man 2099 movie



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

  10. #31480
    Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    10,223
    Rep Power
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Imagine if they said "fuck it!" and announced Matrix 4.
    Iíd be surprised, confused, and a little annoyed.

  11. #31481
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,197
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    Kevin Smith podcasted a talk on that rumor. And the general consensus was that it might just be a Morpheus saga, possibly a young Morpheus prequel series before The Matrix. I would be interested in that.

  12. #31482
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    3,901
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Prequels are pretty much pointless 95% of the time.



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

  13. #31483
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,197
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    I disagree with that statement 100% of the time.

  14. #31484
    Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,233
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    As long as we don't get another shitty sequel, I'm down for anything tbh.

  15. #31485
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,117
    Rep Power
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    As long as we don't get another shitty sequel, I'm down for anything tbh.
    They're gonna milk it for all its worth and you know it!

    The Matrix 4, starring young Morpheus as he discovers that they're all inside the matrix.
    The Matrix 5, Morpheus now knows what the matrix is, but can he discover its dark purpose?
    The Matrix 6, Morpheus now the leader of a band of resistance fighters discovers that he is in fact NOT the one..

    The Matrix series, a soap for young edgy teenagers as they discover that they are in fact.. inside the matrix.

    The Matrix Kids show, a cgi cartoon made for kids who get sucked into their precious tablet and have to find a way out of the matrix by helping the main girl solve puzzles!

    The Matrix 7,8,9 starring Morpheus' sassy teenage daughter with purple hair and her quest to make it in the matrix as a musician!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 12 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •