Quantcast

Page 2099 of 2130 FirstFirst ... 109915991999204920892095209620972098209921002101210221032109 ... LastLast
Results 31,471 to 31,485 of 31940

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

On paper the Wii U should have been a success but Nintendo (always knowing what's best) completely fumbled the ball with marketing. When Nintendo is on, it's on like no other but when it's off, it can screw up a one car funeral and that's exactly what happened with the successor to the Wii. The marketing push was never there and I was always waiting for it to finally happen but then the point of no return came and it was sayonara. Poor marketing aside, it started off well. Nintendo Land was a fantastic pack-in and some of the initial support (Arkham City A.E.) was solid. People started forgetting about the console because you never saw ads on television and the droughts between proper software were immense. Switch was the opposite and reverted back to the days of Wii in terms of advertising. I was floored, absolutely floored, seeing ads for Switch (prior to release).

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

MCU Spidey is no more. Disney and Sony had a spat and now we get to go back to Sony crappy Spider-Man films. Because ASM2 and Venom were such winners...

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    As long as The Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade X, Mario 3D world remain exclusive yeah I agree. It will have a small cult audience.
    Donít forget Pikmin 3, which was the entire reason I bought the WiiU to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Count me into that fanbase
    I actually really like the WiiU and I still have it hooked up and play it [relatively] often. It is a bit disappointing that it has next to NO exclusive titles, though. Most of the best games were ported to the Switch (which was the smart thing to do, honestly).

Wait... IS Pikmin 3 still exclusive?

And good points, JCU. Iíd also add that Nintendo didnít do a great job informing consumers that it was an entirely new console, not just an add-on to the Wii. I remember hearing that a lot of people were confused about that...

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Wii U didn't support any major 3rd party engines like Unreal or Cryengine. So little ram. Nintendo still using their own API and dev kits were expensive. The controller is bulky. The switch uses a better chipset. Also more powerful. Supports UE. Uses an Nvidia API that supports OpenGL and Vulkan. Marketed well and is fully portable. Wii U needed to happen so Switch could exist. I didn't mind using the Wii U when it was new but post Switch, it's hard to go back to.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    MCU Spidey is no more. Disney and Sony had a spat and now we get to go back to Sony crappy Spider-Man films. Because ASM2 and Venom were such winners...
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy was awesome, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy was awesome, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.
    The first 2 mean a lot to me. Just when Sony decided to mettle with the films it all went downhill. 1-2 are amazing because they let Raimi do his thing. Then 3 happened they forced Venom in there. MCU was the only good live-action Spidey films since those 2. Spidey 3 does have good moments tho. That Sandman bit of him trying to grab the locket is great. Raimi knew how to make a fantastic tragic villain.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Donít forget Pikmin 3, which was the entire reason I bought the WiiU to begin with...

I actually really like the WiiU and I still have it hooked up and play it [relatively] often. It is a bit disappointing that it has next to NO exclusive titles, though. Most of the best games were ported to the Switch (which was the smart thing to do, honestly).

Wait... IS Pikmin 3 still exclusive?

And good points, JCU. Iíd also add that Nintendo didnít do a great job informing consumers that it was an entirely new console, not just an add-on to the Wii. I remember hearing that a lot of people were confused about that...
    I hear ya. I am all for ports on a current gen system. It allows, both, newcomers and former fans, to play the greatest hits. But I also hope history leaves the Wii U a minimum of at least one exclusive title... or at the very least a "best version" if that's not the case. I love my Wii U. And at least I still feel a uniqueness is there to be enjoyed by playing BotW on the Wii U. That Sheikah slate is definitely intended to be the Wii U gamepad at heart.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Imagine if they said "fuck it!" and announced Spider-Man 4.

We are on page 2099. Sony makes Spider-Man 2099 movie

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Imagine if they said "fuck it!" and announced Matrix 4.
    Iíd be surprised, confused, and a little annoyed.

Kevin Smith podcasted a talk on that rumor. And the general consensus was that it might just be a Morpheus saga, possibly a young Morpheus prequel series before The Matrix. I would be interested in that.

Prequels are pretty much pointless 95% of the time.

I disagree with that statement 100% of the time.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

As long as we don't get another shitty sequel, I'm down for anything tbh.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    As long as we don't get another shitty sequel, I'm down for anything tbh.
    They're gonna milk it for all its worth and you know it!

The Matrix 4, starring young Morpheus as he discovers that they're all inside the matrix.
    The Matrix 5, Morpheus now knows what the matrix is, but can he discover its dark purpose?
    The Matrix 6, Morpheus now the leader of a band of resistance fighters discovers that he is in fact NOT the one..

The Matrix series, a soap for young edgy teenagers as they discover that they are in fact.. inside the matrix.

The Matrix Kids show, a cgi cartoon made for kids who get sucked into their precious tablet and have to find a way out of the matrix by helping the main girl solve puzzles!

The Matrix 7,8,9 starring Morpheus' sassy teenage daughter with purple hair and her quest to make it in the matrix as a musician!

Thread Information