Quantcast

Page 2084 of 2086 FirstFirst ... 108415841984203420742080208120822083208420852086 LastLast
Results 31,246 to 31,260 of 31278

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Jake Armitage's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    My wife is part of this ridiculous neighborhood message board, and some idiot posted a huge diatribe about how in this day of climate change, he can’t BUH-LIEVE that our government still allows fireworks to be sold to the public. So he asked us all to consider “banning” fireworks and (seriously, this was his alternative) ... RELEASE HELIUM BALLOONS WITH LEDS INSIDE THEM up into the night air, en masse.

On one hand this would be amazing to see, but on the other hand, this was literally the dumbest thing I’ve read in at least 10 days. I managed to be the better person for about two hours... you know, keeping my mind busy with more productive things and trying not to think of that idiot down the street and his asinine post.

But my will was not strong enough. I logged back in to the message board and, politely and non-directly, explained why everything he said, from the bit about climate change to the ridiculous idea about carpet bombing the area with bags of flammable gas, was counter-productive and astoundingly simple-minded. And then, quite directly, I might have also suggested that he and everyone else who agreed with him needed to be banned.

... Or, more accurately, my wife said all of those things. I noticed after my messages were posted that everyone sees the full name of whoever posts on the board - whoops!
    I am a member of a neighborhood message board. I don't participate much but I do like to read about petty crimes in neighborhood (which seem to be escalating along with an influx of homeless) so I know what is going on. Kind of amazes me the level of control some people want to exert on everyone else.

We recently had an election to limit building permits - particularly the building of way too many multi residential buildings. It passed and a bunch of the ninnies on the message board accused the whole city of being elitist and trying to keep "the riff raff" (their sarcastic choice of words) out. Guess the concept of a democratic process eludes them. Along with the idea that maybe we don't want to pave over the whole city. (Denver has been building stuff willy nilly - right to the sidewalks and often with absolutely no space for parking - which goes into the surrounding neighborhoods which already don't have enough parking space for residents.)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; 07-04-2019 at 02:52 PM.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Yeah.. I think its time for a Sega Mini Daytona cabinet.

My wife is part of this ridiculous neighborhood message board, and some idiot posted a huge diatribe about how in this day of climate change, he can’t BUH-LIEVE that our government still allows fireworks to be sold to the public. So he asked us all to consider “banning” fireworks and (seriously, this was his alternative) ... RELEASE HELIUM BALLOONS WITH LEDS INSIDE THEM up into the night air, en masse.
    LOL I love it. I can't imagine how soothing the popping would be. Great ASMR!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Trump the cunt was supposed to hold some sort of Social Media summit today at the White House and Twitter went down worldwide. ROFL. Love it.

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Trump the cunt was supposed to hold some sort of Social Media summit today at the White House and Twitter went down worldwide. ROFL. Love it.
    "So to me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write bad, to me that’s very dangerous speech".

Seems like they had a productive day.

Out here the lawmakers recently passed something allowing residents to purchase just about ANYTHING in terms of fireworks when it used to be only non residents were able. Even as a 2A supporter I'm not in favor of such a thing for reasons having nothing to to with climate change. Chinese made explosives are far more harmful than a firearm IMO and launching them at night (or the day for that matter) has serious consequences when every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they are an instant pyrotechnics expert.

Shouldn't a tree hugger understand the ramifications to the environment by balloons, led lights, etc..,? Think of the turtles!

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post

Shouldn't a tree hugger understand the ramifications to the environment by balloons, led lights, etc..,? Think of the turtles!
    Lol, my thought exactly! In my response to him, I told him that all he was going to achieve was getting balloons banned entirely when some video surfaced of a sea turtle with one of those things wrapped around its neck.

I didn’t mention this, but the other part in his idea was that we could put little notes inside the balloons, because wouldn’t it be fun to find someone’s message when we all participated in the July 5th clean-up???

The following is how you handle the situation by asking the following:

(Insert name here), I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, ok? Have you or any of your family ever been diagnosed Schizophrenic? Mentally incompetent?

The "offices" of Id Software early 90s

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

I'm totally jealous of that sunroom.

For anyone who is a Stranger Things fan. Season 3 had this easter egg. 618-625-8313

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Hey guys, hope you're all well? Currently on holiday in Spain soaking up the sun and just finished having an amazing full body massage on the beach. Total and utter bliss...

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

Quite the opposite. Sitting in the dark with a bottle of vodka. It's not day-drinking if you're living on Japan time.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Thread Information