Quantcast

Page 2054 of 2056 FirstFirst ... 105415541954200420442050205120522053205420552056 LastLast
Results 30,796 to 30,810 of 30831

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Well I think it's a combination of it being the best version of RE 2, coupled with the fact that there wasn't that many copies made for Sega's final console when compared to other titles. Plus add to that the fact that the RE 2 Remake has boosted interest in the original game recently. Those would be my best guesses towards explaining it's current Ebay price.
    Yeah, you most likely right on that. Looks like near enough every RE game has shot up in price in the past few months, even the PS1 games are going for over 30 GBP a pop. Yikes.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Yeah, you most likely right on that. Looks like near enough every RE game has shot up in price in the past few months, even the PS1 games are going for over 30 GBP a pop. Yikes.
    My classic RE collection consists of RE for the Sega Saturn, RE Director's Cut for the PS1, RE 2 for the DC and RE 3 for the DC. All in mint condition. Like you said, it's crazy what some of them go for now.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Without meaning to, Iíve ended up with a decent RE collection, myself. I think the only ones Iím missing are the Dreamcast games and the GameCube version of RE2. Nice to know that even my N64 version of RE2 is (somewhat) holding its value ... and itís not that bad, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Without meaning to, Iíve ended up with a decent RE collection, myself. I think the only ones Iím missing are the Dreamcast games and the GameCube version of RE2. Nice to know that even my N64 version of RE2 is (somewhat) holding its value ... and itís not that bad, guys.
    The N64 version struggled with the CGI cutscenes in RE 2, but that was to be expected being on a cartridge and all. I never played it, but I hear that the N64 port was better than the PS1 original. In terms of how the 3D models, graphics and speed of the game were enhanced however (not to mention the oodles of extras), it's the DC port all the way for the win.

I remember the reviews at the time just gushing over the fact that an entire disc-based game (including the cutscenes) all fit on an N64 cartridge. I vaguely remember reading in those reviews that N64 owners were definitely paying a premium for that cartridge.

To this day itís the only version of the game Iíve played, but I did go through all four (2?) campaigns.

Edit: Did the US even get a DC version of RE2??

I remember the reviews at the time just gushing over the fact that an entire disc-based game (including the cutscenes) all fit on an N64 cartridge. I vaguely remember reading in those reviews that N64 owners were definitely paying a premium for that cartridge.

To this day itís the only version of the game Iíve played, but I did go through all four (2?) campaigns.
    Given the format's limitations, RE 2 on the N64 was a technical marvel, it's true. I cannot recommend the Dreamcast port highly enough if you are a big fan of the game however, but as has been mentioned, it's the most expensive of all ports.

Given the format's limitations, RE 2 on the N64 was a technical marvel, it's true. I cannot recommend the Dreamcast port highly enough if you are a big fan of the game however, but as has been mentioned, it's the most expensive of all ports.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...g+box&_sacat=0

Actually, the PC version is. At least the Big Box CIB one is. Has been for a while, long before the RE2Remake reveal. Game has always been dodgy to run on modern hardware, so it was always in the 20 GBP price range, which is still pretty pricey, but then someone made a patch to get it working on W7+, and the prices skyrocketed further. I noticed a gameplay video I did of it running on W10 gathered a lot of views, so I don't know if it was me that caused the price spike. IDK. It's kinda crazy tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...g+box&_sacat=0

Actually, the PC version is. At least the Big Box CIB one is. Has been for a while, long before the RE2Remake reveal. Game has always been dodgy to run on modern hardware, so it was always in the 20 GBP price range, which is still pretty pricey, but then someone made a patch to get it working on W7+, and the prices skyrocketed further. I noticed a gameplay video I did of it running on W10 gathered a lot of views, so I don't know if it was me that caused the price spike. IDK. It's kinda crazy tbh.
    Well the Dreamcast version is basically is pretty much the PC version, but in a far more accessible package along with the same extras. Like I said, when compared to the price of the PS1, N64 and various PC ports of RE 2, the Dreamcast port really is out there on it's own.

Well the Dreamcast version is basically is pretty much the PC version, but in a far more accessible package along with the same extras. Like I said, when compared to the price of the PS1, N64 and various PC ports of RE 2, the Dreamcast port really is out there on it's own.
    Yeah, you're pretty much right: the Dreamcast version is actually ported from the PC version, and includes all the same features. Even has the same flaw (both versions are missing music cues from the GameCube, N64 and PS1 releases).

RE2 on DC connected via VGA looks superb. Defo the best console release visually/period.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Edit: Did the US even get a DC version of RE2??
    Yes. And it is an excellent port of the game.

You can't make this shit up:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...d_pasted_text/

The calculator is recording what data you type into it and sends it back to M$. The calculator. Win10 is a dumpster fire.

BANNED USER Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

A reminder of this classic gem.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I had a physical/medical at work yesterday, and the nurse said that my breathing/lung capacity is good, my eyesight is very good and both my blood pressure and hearing are pretty much perfect. Who says sitting on your arse spending your life playing video games is bad for ya?

Vegans, probably...

I had a physical/medical at work yesterday, and the nurse said that my breathing/lung capacity is good, my eyesight is very good and both my blood pressure and hearing are pretty much perfect. Who says sitting on your arse spending your life playing video games is bad for ya?
    Lol!

Thread Information