Quantcast

Page 1994 of 2021 FirstFirst ... 99414941894194419841990199119921993199419951996199719982004 ... LastLast
Results 29,896 to 29,910 of 30308

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lizard View Post
    Different situation but somehow sounds familiar. I have a friend living in a dilapidated trailer 18 miles out of town in BFE and mean like I need a 4x4 to get out there. He has no transportation and super sketchy phone and internet . He refuses to get any sort of job. Anything at all would help him, but of course he's full of excuses, always a chicken and the egg sort of thing.
    "I can't get a job because I need this or that and I can't get this or that because I don't have a job." He wants to do what I do, sell on Ebay and Etsy. Predictably he never gets off his ass to try. Instead he bugs me to sell his stuff like I'm some sort of money making genie. Every Wednesday he calls begging for a ride to the local food bank at which point I realize I'm just enabling him. He pays no rent and has few bills. Combine that with no motivation I don't think he is every going to get out of that place. It's depressing telling a friend I've watched sink slow to go away because they've become a parasite but at this point I'm gonna have to shoot Old Yeller.
    Many of these individuals use manipulation and excuse to get what they want because it has worked so far. I'm an equal opportunity dick. If I have to work and have responsibility, you don't get a free pass. Use all the guilt and emotions you want but that mind power is useless with me. There is a fine line between helping and enabling.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Is it just me, or has the Genesis Does! subforum become a technofile fest? I miss the days when such talk would be reserved for Tech Aid and Blast Processing.

Been given an Asus laptop - good specs, appears to be working, etc. Except for one thing - the harddrive is failing. It's semi-new as well. Tried taking it apart, and the thing is nasty cheap. There is no back panel to pull the drive out - you have to literally de-assemble the whole laptop, and pull it out. It's also made of wobbly, cheap plastic. Not gonna bother, lol.

I think I'll get a drive, hook it up to USB and turn this a crude, makeshift desktop PC. Do all my office work on it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Is it just me, or has the Genesis Does! subforum become a technofile fest? I miss the days when such talk would be reserved for Tech Aid and Blast Processing.
    That and Insert Coin have been like that for ages.

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Doom Eternal now coming to all 4 platforms. 3 consoles and PC. Game looks insane with the new gameplay trailers.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Assault Suit Leynos PS4 remake of the Genesis game Target Earth is $4 on sale right now on PSN! Please buy buy it!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Doom Eternal now coming to all 4 platforms. 3 consoles and PC. Game looks insane with the new gameplay trailers.
    I loved Doom 2016... I'm going to have to pick this one up.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

If I see one more post in that fucking Paprium thread in the Genesis Does forum... Jesus, it's pathetic! It isn't coming out, you got conned, so CHANGE THE FUCKING RECORD!!

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    If I see one more post in that fucking Paprium thread in the Genesis Does forum...

... You値l what?

I知 not calling you out, I知 just waiting for the rest of the sentence. I知 down any time to shake the starch out of some stuffed shirts, and it sounds like you致e got a plan going.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post

... You値l what?

I知 not calling you out, I知 just waiting for the rest of the sentence. I知 down any time to shake the starch out of some stuffed shirts, and it sounds like you致e got a plan going.
    I'll...I'll...erm...Well, I'll go in there and jolly well give them a piece of my mind!

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Many of these individuals use manipulation and excuse to get what they want because it has worked so far. I'm an equal opportunity dick. If I have to work and have responsibility, you don't get a free pass. Use all the guilt and emotions you want but that mind power is useless with me. There is a fine line between helping and enabling.
    It's true. I hit the point with him that any help is enabling. The best help he could get is from himself.

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Wait, DooM is coming to video games? That's Absolutely Rose Street!
    The Homepage of the Oldternet - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Insert socially-unacceptable pejorative replacement for "Youtube" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Wait, DooM is coming to video games? That's Absolutely Rose Street!
    LOL!

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

Oh right, I forgot. I made a thing.

The Homepage of the Oldternet - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Insert socially-unacceptable pejorative replacement for "Youtube" here.

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Host of an Iraqi cookery programme loses his cool with a prank caller on TV. I was crying.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Host of an Iraqi cookery programme loses his cool with a prank caller on TV. I was crying.

It was not rofl funny. But it did show how violent these fuckers are inside just based on their beliefs.

Thread Information