Quantcast

Page 1786 of 1786 FirstFirst ... 786128616861736177617821783178417851786
Results 26,776 to 26,785 of 26785

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Damn. I was thinking "speaker" when I wrote "batteries". Too funny.

'Didn't think of the headphones thing. Trying it now...

[EDIT]

Yup. Beautiful stereo sound via headphones. Must be the speaker. I hope. Now I really want to learn how to fix it.
    Last edited by QuickSciFi; Yesterday at 10:20 PM.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

A lot of my GB games were procured through Ebay lots, and I bought a ton of them. No joke, I probably had like 30 Game Boys around the house, in various states of disrepair. There were quite a few with scratchy or dead speakers.

Edit: What you need is a good assortment of "parts/repair" units. I'd gladly send you one, but I already scrapped them all out or otherwise got rid of them.

Damn. That would've been a sight.

You must really love the GB. I can see. I love it too. But I just don't know what took me this long to really get into it. I'm really expanding my reach as of late. Now I want all of them!

It was my system of choice when I was younger, over the NES & Sega Genesis. So it was the first system I sunk my teeth into a really started collecting for. And not just the games, of course, you got to have all the colors (red yellow green blue black and clear). And then the Game Boy Pocket, and all the colors of those.

It's a slippery slope.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    And then the Game Boy Pocket, and all the colors of those.
    And then you realize the GB Pocket had two iterations. One with a power LED and one without. So of course, gotta collect both.

And then the GB Light. Must have those as well.

Yep. The slope can be a little on the slippery side. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again, like the Jews re-establish their Israeli, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget his fans.

The bug bit me, that's for sure. And something inside me makes me want to salvage all of them. They sure are fun to collect... Even today... Except Shantae on the GBC ???!!!!

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I really want to pick up a GB Pocket. Bigger screen, small build, like the design, only takes 2 AAA batteries. What's not to like? The only GB I have that plays the old games is my GBA SP, and I'm just not a fan of the way it feels in my hands. I prefer playing my GBA games with a Micro. I'd like to perhaps get a regular 1st gen GBA modded with a backlit screen at some point. I love that design. But my local has a Pocket for a decent price, and Ive been thinking about picking it up. Screen looks scratched, but I see that those can be easily replaced.
    One, two, Freddy's coming for you....

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Except Shantae on the GBC ???!!!!
    What's really irritating is that when the Game Boy Advance came out, I avidly read reviews of upcoming games on IGN. And Shantae came up and got very favorable reviews. I never bothered to look for it because I did not want to go back a step. So I bought the new Castlevanias instead, and Wario Land 4, the Metroid games, and Doom, and well... everything but Shantae.

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

I had the original Game Boy with lots of games but only because had to go to boarding school at the time '89-91. I had the hard plastic carrying case, the light and magnifier and external battery with soft case for that too. Still missed a good console and TV.
    I Never really liked handhelds. Still don't.

Edit: This thing made it a little easier to see what hell was going on the small screen.

And this thing was a pain in the butt at times.. it's so big and heavy also added a wire to a should be wireless than plug in headphones to add another wire. Oh the fun old tech.

Last edited by EyeDeeNo76; Today at 12:45 AM.

I still have a big old soft spot for the old Game Boy. I canít really bring myself to play it much any more because... well, why would I? The screen was iffy back then, and itís only gotten worse over time due to screen rot. The GBA SP is a good alternative, except yeah... as Professor Holt said, it doesnít really feel very nice in your hands, being half the width of the standard controller.

Speaking of budget multi-plat rom boxes of dubious quality, have you guys heard of the Super RetroCade? The arcade ports are interesting.

http://retro-bit.com/super-retrocade

Thread Information