Quantcast

Page 2028 of 2028 FirstFirst ... 1028152819281978201820242025202620272028
Results 30,406 to 30,412 of 30412

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

You know. We all could exchange sob stories and sure some tough shit can make things really hard. No doubt other people here have had some tough times as well. I have been through a ton of shit in my life. This is something I always liked.

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life:

“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

”It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

I get you're still in that mindset to reject anything to remain in misery but you are not miserable because bad things happen. You are miserable because you choose to be. There is always someone worse off. A setback is a setup for a comeback. Raijin. It's up to you to be happy or not.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

It's happening.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

I remember being a kid and wondering why they didn't just give Castle Grayskull to Skelletor,
    I mean.. he's a skull guy so of course he'd want to live in a castle shaped like a skull!

Probably the first moment that I realized the world and me just saw shit differently.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    It's happening.

Real talk: my entire family has an affinity for Pokémon. We all watched the cartoons together, we play the games, the kids are all obsessed... I wasn’t un-excited to see this.

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Never played a Pokemon game. Likely never will. The closest thing I have to that style of games is Cyber Sleuth but only because it was similar to SMT. Not sure why I refuse to play Pokemon when I like SMT so much. I kinda want Yokai Watch 4 but don't want to play the 3DS games. (I avoid 3DS as much as I can) Just something about Pokemon puts me off. I will say tho Ryan Reynolds just sounds like Deadpool as a Pokemon which makes the film look kinda neat. Still..it's Pokemon so ehhh...

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Real talk: my entire family has an affinity for Pokémon. We all watched the cartoons together, we play the games, the kids are all obsessed... I wasn’t un-excited to see this.
    I figured you might like it. I have never played a Pokemon game, but I'm happy for the crowd.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    You know. We all could exchange sob stories and sure some tough shit can make things really hard. No doubt other people here have had some tough times as well. I have been through a ton of shit in my life. This is something I always liked.

I get you're still in that mindset to reject anything to remain in misery but you are not miserable because bad things happen. You are miserable because you choose to be. There is always someone worse off. A setback is a setup for a comeback. Raijin. It's up to you to be happy or not.
    I like that Cherokee story and your attitude. It is a frame of mind and you can either give in to hate and misery or plough on for the sake of others. When my partner died three years ago a part of me died, and I was full of hate and anger for a long time. What kept me going, and indeed still keeps me going, is my family, and in particular my nephew. I never had kids of my own, being gay makes that kinda difficult, but I always wanted to be a dad. Anyway the father of my sister's kids was not on the scene (thank God, he was a piece of shit) and so ever since my nephew was a baby I've been there for him, and tried to be a father figure to him, as such things are very important for a boy. He's 13 now and is the most selfless and loving boy you could ever hope to meet. He loves school and is doing so well it fills me with pride. When I think of how he tried to comfort me when I lost my partner, well it just brings tears to my eyes. For his 2nd birthday I got him a Sonic cuddly toy and to this day it takes pride of place on his bedroom shelf, and my sister told me that she overheard him tell a friend one day that his 'dad' got him that. She even told me that he got me a card with "Thanks for being the best dad ever" written on it and that it's in a drawer in his bedroom. Right, genuine tears in my eyes now so I better stop lol.

Oh and I do agree with Raijin with regards wealth. I mean if I was rich then my first priority would be to make sure that my family and close friends would never have to worry about trying to make ends meet again. When you're on the bare bones of your arse and without a penny to scratch it with, you can barely help yourself let alone anyone else.

Thread Information