Quantcast

Page 1838 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 838133817381788182818341835183618371838
Results 27,556 to 27,570 of 27570

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Honest question, are we being serious here?

If so, my genuine belief is that it’s ignorant and naive to deny that there’s not at least a nugget of truth in most of these conspiracy theories, particularly when it comes to anything involving the American government. We’re all so quick to accept that other countries have corrupt, maliciously manipulative governments. It’s stupid that we would think it could never happen here.
    Well, I'm not even an American, and I still don't believe in conspiracies.

I do believe in genuine human stupidity, which in most cases is responsible for all the stuff attributed to conspiracies. As a wise man once said, "It feels better to believe you're ruled by an evil genius rather than a benevolent moron."
    Formerly known as -RT

Libruhl Snowflāk Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Thanks for proving my point.

Don't even know how to google search two words.
    I would never waste my time arguing with a dunderpate like you. The funny thing is, you keep railing against the very thing you are. A highly gullible lamb, speaking as if you know anything about anything. But you're too autistic to achieve any semblance of self actualization. If only you were a fraction of a percent of how bright you think you are, then you might at least be average.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Eh... believe them or not, it’s all the same to me.

I don’t understand the mentality of trying to “wake people up” about this kind of thing. Personally, I just accept it and go on with my life.

Rebel Pizza ESWAT Veteran Thief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I don’t understand the mentality of trying to “wake people up” about this kind of thing. Personally, I just accept it and go on with my life.
    Lots of people hurting because they accept state indoctrination.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    As they say in the UK, cock-up before conspiracy.
    I didn't know we said this, but I like it!

So if you guys think DrunkenHigh is a downer, you must not know me very well. My mood has been all to shit for the past week and it's because I'm such a freaking masochist, I guess. I have this problem where I can become emotionally invested in other people's tragedies when I have no reason to. I've done it before several times, but the bug has bit me again. If you don't want to get really bummed, this is your warning.

It was just by incident that I heard the story first on the news, this past week. A young lady died in a freak car accident in my area, just 20 years old, just a kid with her whole life ahead of her, coming home from university. I remember the day, it was cold and shitty, and had started to snow around noon. It had gotten slick on the roads in no time. She lost control on the freeway, hit the guardrail and slid into the back of a stopped semi-truck sitting beside the road. What are the odds that this ass had to be stopped there on the side of an open freeway? You're not supposed to do that because when you do, this kind of shit happens. The first person to stop and try to help happened to be a preacher. She didn't show any signs of life. He said a prayer in hopes of bringing her back, but it was no use. The scene of the crash was where her short story in life ended. As depressing as it was to hear about, I couldn't stop torturing myself. I had to know how the family was handling the loss. Reading their heartbroken posts online, was like choosing to sink a knife into my own chest. No parent should ever have to bury their child. No one should ever be dealt a fate so unfair. You live a life of simple routine and one day you make one false move and it's all over?

By the time you get that invested in someone's tragedy, you start to develop a kind of survivors guilt. You start to question the point of anything... every petty detail of your own mundane life reveals itself to be utterly meaningless in the end. I start to feel guilty that I spend so much time thinking about things like video games. Why should I take leisure in such silly, pointless things? I should be doing something that would save lives, trying to reduce misery in the world, and shouldn't we all? Of course that's what I feel like now, full of sorrow and regret that was evidently destine for me to share in. But in time, I'll return to not bettering the world with my indifference, and not being everything I could be. Tragedy will continue to unfold in the same manner, as it does every single day somewhere. We all filter it out because it doesn't happen to us and carry on like we have forever, while we might not have one more day left.

Yeah, that's pretty much where my head has been for the past week. Not in a good place. Just totally bummed and nihilistic, pondering the cruelty of being. Subtly hoping somehow there really is something more to this life in the end.

^ They say religion is created to control people, yet the Romans couldn't control people with Christianity no matter how many Christians they've slayed. In the end, the Romans had to submit and become Christians too. Then you look at the crazy state of the world today and see we'll soon all be forced to relinquish all freedom by being chipped in order to buy and sell. Singularity is almost here, won't be just our desktops that can get viruses. And nothing can stop this.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One DrunkenHigh's Avatar

@WarmSignal. Life sucks. Reality sucks. Why do innocent children have cancer and other diseases?

That's why people drink and get high. To alter their state and forget about the trash world we live in. Religion and praying never helped anyone. It just starts wars. Endless wars.

Christianity doesn't teach wars. Teaches he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

What "Irate Gamer" is doing lately:

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    What "Irate Gamer" is doing lately:
    I wouldn't have guessed he'd be into the whole paranormal investigation thing. I suppose he's gotta pay his bills somehow.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

How exactly does one become a "ghost behaviorist" prey tell. I harken back to the days of old comics books when you'd click the ad in the last few pages and become an ordained minister by merely sending in a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    ^ They say religion is created to control people, yet the Romans couldn't control people with Christianity no matter how many Christians they've slayed. In the end, the Romans had to submit and become Christians too. Then you look at the crazy state of the world today and see we'll soon all be forced to relinquish all freedom by being chipped in order to buy and sell. Singularity is almost here, won't be just our desktops that can get viruses. And nothing can stop this.

Oh it's in your head, alright.

What is neural lace?

Neural lace could be the answer to debilitating neurological disorders, and if Elon Musk has his way, the next step in human and computer advancement

Neural lace made headlines this year with Elon Musk launching Neuralink, a medical research company that aims to merge the human brain with intelligent computers.

And while this sounds like it's pulled from the pages of a Sci-Fi novel, neural lace could be the next advancement in the field of AI.

What is neural lace?

At its most basic form, neural lace is an ultra-thin mesh that can be implanted in the skull, forming a collection of electrodes capable of monitoring brain function. It creates an interface between the brain and the machine.

To insert neural lace, a tiny needle containing the rolled up mesh is placed inside the skull and the mesh is injected. As the mesh leaves the needle it unravels, spanning the brain.

Gradually, the lace will be accepted as part of the brain, and will even move with it as it grows or very slightly changes size.
    Rest of Sep 14, 2017 article link.

According to Elon Musk, it's the only way to combat AI. At least that's the motive and agenda he's pushing.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    So if you guys think DrunkenHigh is a downer, you must not know me very well. My mood has been all to shit for the past week and it's because I'm such a freaking masochist, I guess. I have this problem where I can become emotionally invested in other people's tragedies when I have no reason to. I've done it before several times, but the bug has bit me again. If you don't want to get really bummed, this is your warning.

It was just by incident that I heard the story first on the news, this past week. A young lady died in a freak car accident in my area, just 20 years old, just a kid with her whole life ahead of her, coming home from university. I remember the day, it was cold and shitty, and had started to snow around noon. It had gotten slick on the roads in no time. She lost control on the freeway, hit the guardrail and slid into the back of a stopped semi-truck sitting beside the road. What are the odds that this ass had to be stopped there on the side of an open freeway? You're not supposed to do that because when you do, this kind of shit happens. The first person to stop and try to help happened to be a preacher. She didn't show any signs of life. He said a prayer in hopes of bringing her back, but it was no use. The scene of the crash was where her short story in life ended. As depressing as it was to hear about, I couldn't stop torturing myself. I had to know how the family was handling the loss. Reading their heartbroken posts online, was like choosing to sink a knife into my own chest. No parent should ever have to bury their child. No one should ever be dealt a fate so unfair. You live a life of simple routine and one day you make one false move and it's all over?

By the time you get that invested in someone's tragedy, you start to develop a kind of survivors guilt. You start to question the point of anything... every petty detail of your own mundane life reveals itself to be utterly meaningless in the end. I start to feel guilty that I spend so much time thinking about things like video games. Why should I take leisure in such silly, pointless things? I should be doing something that would save lives, trying to reduce misery in the world, and shouldn't we all? Of course that's what I feel like now, full of sorrow and regret that was evidently destine for me to share in. But in time, I'll return to not bettering the world with my indifference, and not being everything I could be. Tragedy will continue to unfold in the same manner, as it does every single day somewhere. We all filter it out because it doesn't happen to us and carry on like we have forever, while we might not have one more day left.

Yeah, that's pretty much where my head has been for the past week. Not in a good place. Just totally bummed and nihilistic, pondering the cruelty of being. Subtly hoping somehow there really is something more to this life in the end.
    I think this happens to us at one point or the other. Sometimes it's a news story that hits close to home or its a string of events/mishaps that make the rest of the day feel like your trudging through a foot of mud. It's during those bouts that I've trained myself to avoid any more negativity to enter my life. It may be that I avoid reading any news stories for the rest of the day. Or I might just slip watching any crime shows, heavy documentaries or movies and instead watch something more uplifting: Maybe a comedy show or two. It's my way of recalibrating my mind and finding a more balanced outlook on life.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Thread Information