Quantcast

Page 2109 of 2109 FirstFirst ... 1109160920092059209921052106210721082109
Results 31,621 to 31,628 of 31628

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Oh man, World had all of the parts but couldn't put it together for me.
    Yeah, I probably should take my own advice and watch it again to see if my opinion has changed

And yeah, that “Christmas” line at the end was awful. The worst part is that you just know that they named the character just so they could make that joke. I’m sure they thought it was excruciatingly clever at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Yeah, I probably should take my own advice and watch it again to see if my opinion has changed

And yeah, that “Christmas” line at the end was awful. The worst part is that you just know that they named the character just so they could make that joke. I’m sure they thought it was excruciatingly clever at the time.
    Hahaha , yeah, I sincerely hope someone was fired after that one.

Die Another Die was also just as cringy. Looking back they really unloaded a lot of sh!t on Brosnan's plate. Poor guy did not have much to work with...

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Dusted off some of the old LD collection. All this talk of Bond made up my mind what to watch later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post

First off, the biggest slave trade that ever existed was the Arab slave trade.
    A large portion of the Arab slave trade was composed of European residents - the Arab slavers at one point had denuded large swaths of the northern Mediterranean coast - either by kidnapping the residents or forcing them inland or to large cities. Barbary Coast raiders/slavers even struck Iceland in 1627 and Ireland in 1631. (Spain did capture Islamic people (mostly at sea) and enslaved them - in much much smaller numbers though. The Islamic slaves were valued in the New World since they were generally more educated/educable then black slaves and performed roles as functionaries (in terms of bookkeeping etc.) in the Spanish colonial system. Interestingly enough a group of Turkish slaves likely played a small role in the history of the vanished Roanoke Colony.)

Virtually all of the black slaves transported to the Americas were initially sold to the European slave traders by the Arabs, other African tribes or occasionally by the two working together. (The slave traders ran trading stations on the African coast where the aforementioned groups would bring the slaves to them.) One wonders why the reparations crowd doesn't look to those groups for their reparation demands.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Dusted off some of the old LD collection. All this talk of Bond made up my mind what to watch later tonight.

Here is one of my most prized laserdiscs:

4130746.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; 09-21-2019 at 03:53 PM.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Absolutely fucking brilliant, mate. I laughed my arse off. It pretty much perfectly sends up the over the top bawdy humour of British sitcoms of the 70's. "Oh crikey Stan, you've turned down fat street! Urgh, all the crumpet down here is all fat! Oh my days..." LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Kwaidan is another really good one - pacing is somewhat sedate but it is a visually gorgeous film. Body Bags (1993) is also worth a looksee.
    I loved BodyBags (I still have it on VHS)

Anyone seen Body Melt? That's an overlooked classic and 88 films have done an amazing SE for the UK. I loved what Shout did for Nightbreed in the USA too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information