Quantcast

Page 2133 of 2136 FirstFirst ... 1133163320332083212321292130213121322133213421352136 LastLast
Results 31,981 to 31,995 of 32029

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    My computer, which is less powerful than a PS4, can play almost every PS2 game by literally putting the PS2 disc in the DVD tray. They can easily create a PS2 emulator on PS4 that plays 90% of PS2 games. The only reason they aren't doing this is because they are top dog and can get away with selling you the games on PSN instead.

I gotta ask you, is it just a coincidence that Sony hasn't attempted backwards compatibility in any form whatsoever since the early PS3 days?
    That's different. Someone is working tirelessly to make a console's games work on computers. You're making a baseless assumption that it's because it's greed. It's not. If it was, we would see more and more PS2 games get re-released. You don't know if it's easy or not to stick an emulator in a PS4 that isn't homebrew. PlayStation and Xbox systems struggle with backwards compatibility with varying degrees. Even DOSBox can have issues on computers.

Backwards compatibility is a niche thing and it's a question on how well it can work and how ancient the system being BC is.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    That's different. Someone is working tirelessly to make a console's games work on computers. You're making a baseless assumption that it's because it's greed. It's not. If it was, we would see more and more PS2 games get re-released.
    Thats because they're going through those games' codes and adding stuff with minimal effort(like Trophies), so they can get an excuse to charge you for them.

You don't know if it's easy or not to stick an emulator in a PS4 that isn't homebrew.
    Did you watch that video I posted? Thats exactly what they already created for the PS4.

PlayStation and Xbox systems struggle with backwards compatibility with varying degrees. Even DOSBox can have issues on computers.
    You keep mentioning that but its irrelevant, no one ever gave a shit that 2% of PS1 games weren't compatible on PS2.

Let me tell you, if the PS4 wasn't top dog then we would've seen backwards compatibility like we see with the Xbone. Getting 360 games running on Xbone was much, much harder than getting PS2 games working on PS4.

Though the sad thing is, when Sony announced those PS2 games on PS4 were gonna be only on PSN, there was only a small amount of backlash. So they essentially got away with it. We will see the same thing happen with PS3 games on PS5. Though rightfully companies like Digital Foundry are making everyone aware that it will be super easy for the PS5 to run PS4 games natively.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    YES! Ikaruga Physical release confirmed for Switch/PS4!
    https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/1197937829730537472

Maybe I can finally own this game
    Page doesn't exist and I already own this for the Gamecube, Wake me when Radiant Silvergun comes out on Switch or something.
    05/05/15

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

They deleted the tweet but confirmed it for a physical release. Nicalis. This has been their most demanded physical release by fans. Many people including me don't own it physically. I just hope this isn't a LRG kinda deal. DOn't think it is tho. Nicalis does retail and they include a OST CD and a keychain or something as a bonus for free.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Looks cool but still want RS over this.
    05/05/15

Has anyone played Death Stranding? My god what a pile of garbage.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    This is what an unsupervised Kojima delivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    This is what an unsupervised Kojima delivers.
    Like George Lucas with the prequels. Surrounded himself with yes men so he doesn't get honest feedback. Kojima's cult of personality just calls this crap "genius" ...ugh. I'd be all over if he made something like Snatcher or ZOE again but this pretentious crap he makes now. Fuck it. Kojima is getting away with it while Inafune, Itagaki did not.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

I've probably never played a Kojima game in my life, the guy makes games in genres that aren't my style. He probably never had anything to do with the shoot-em-up division at Konami so this also confirms it.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Putting Sam to shame.

We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

I want to find the person who actually made PT, because if it really was Kojima you'd be running package deliveries for an arrogant ghost FOREVER.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I haven't played through it directly, but I watched someone spend a couple hours trying to make sense of it on Twitch. Granted, watching someone else struggle with it isn't exactly the same as experiencing it yourself, but I saw enough to decide that I was probably safe directing my attention elsewhere.

Seems like one of those "love it or hate it" games.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Oh heated foot bag how I love thee, you're always there for me. (except for summer when I don't need you)

Here's a strange one.

Back in 2014 a chef in Foshan, China, died after suffering a poisonous bite from the severed head of a cobra, which he had cut off 20 minutes earlier while preparing a soup.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Like George Lucas with the prequels. Surrounded himself with yes men so he doesn't get honest feedback. Kojima's cult of personality just calls this crap "genius" ...ugh. I'd be all over if he made something like Snatcher or ZOE again but this pretentious crap he makes now. Fuck it. Kojima is getting away with it while Inafune, Itagaki did not.
    Yet the prequels were, are and always will be leaps and bounds ahead of the latest over-saturated garbage. Read about the pre screenings of (whatever it is called) the upcoming release.

Death Stranding? Even if I had a PS4, I still wouldn't play it. Hell, I would play it if it were a complementary party gift. It looks bunk and honestly, I'm not big into games with an over abundance of celebrity likeness....as if that is its only issue.

Thread Information