Quantcast

Page 1723 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 723122316231673171317191720172117221723172417251726172717331773 ... LastLast
Results 25,831 to 25,845 of 26814

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

For me, Nostalgia is a huge factor. But I also remember really liking that intro bitd. I was MKII obsessed, and mainly thanks to the Genesis version.

Rebel Pizza Raging in the Streets Thief's Avatar

Obsessed enough to have all the moves memorized?

Yes

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

Anyone else watching the America's Cup? I sure hope the Americans can get it together tomorrow. I was thinking about what a great Genesis game they could make, lots of button-mashing (grinding).
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I was MKII obsessed
    I hear that, I got hooked when the media was hating on MK1 so when the gaming magazines started talking about MK2.. oh man I followed that shit religiously.
    I still remember finding an add back in.. gamepro? about a supergun, and my friend was like "if we bought that and an MK2 pcb we could play it at home!" (this was before the home ports)
    never did that (I mean, how were two 15 year old Dutch guys supposed to do that in the early 90s without paypal and ebay and Internet?)

Those were great times, got me through high school.

AKA Mister Xiado Outrunner Raijin Z's Avatar

Ah, the days of calling numbers in catalogs and magazines, and using money orders to buy things. I once mailed cash, next day air, because there was no other practical way to get money into someone's hands across the country in a hurry.

Years later (2003?) I finally decided to buy an MKII pcb and build myself a supergun. sadly when I finally got around to finishing the supergun the MKII pcb had died.
    First the scratch rams came up bad (removed those put in sockets and put new scratch rams in) but then the first bank of the video eproms comes up bad (UG14-UG16-UG17-UG18)

Must be a broken trace or something.

@Raijin Z: Those were the days. I remember mailing cash for the S&H for some mail-in rebates. That's how I got my copy of Eternal Champions bitd (which I traded for Sonic Spinball with a friend in High School). Those were simpler days indeed.

@Neovamp:
    Damn, bro. That sucks. Mortal Kombat II is among the top of my arcade cab wish list, too. If anything because I sucked at fighting games with arcade sticks, especially MKII, and one day I secretly hope to improve those skills (or at least beat the game finally). I remember playing it at an arcade by the movie theater in a mall all the time. And the graphics, music and sound effects were just fantastic. I still sucked at using the joystick though (and the "weird" action button setup didn't help either; as I was already used to my Genny 3-button pad); but I still played the shit out of it. Have you given up on your PCB, or is it still a work in progress?

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Have you given up on your PCB, or is it still a work in progress?
    Still a work in progress, owning an MKII PCB with a working supergun has always been a childhood's dream of mine so I will get it working eventually.
    Recently purchased a soldering station to hopefully make things easier, but for now I just gotta find out where the actual problem lies.

I saw a chip that looked somewhat worse for wear so I ordered a replacement from ebay.de, so that hopefully comes in the mail before Friday.
    Though I doubt that's it, but its really a process of elimination right now.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

I hate to drag this conversation down with impertinent questions, but what are you guys even talking about? I'm with you on the Mortal Kombat II PCB, but how would you make a super gun out of it? And what would you use it for?

I'm honestly just picturing some convoluted comic book movie super villain scheme, in which a ludicrous weapon is created that will transform all of humanity to more closely resemble the super villain in question.

Rebel Pizza Raging in the Streets Thief's Avatar

Pop quiz, hotshots. Who are the best and worst characters for MK1 and 2 in tournaments.

😖8===D~~~😥 Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I hate to drag this conversation down with impertinent questions, but what are you guys even talking about? I'm with you on the Mortal Kombat II PCB, but how would you make a super gun out of it? And what would you use it for?

I'm honestly just picturing some convoluted comic book movie super villain scheme, in which a ludicrous weapon is created that will transform all of humanity to more closely resemble the super villain in question.
    A 'Supergun' is a essentially a box that allows you to play arcade PCBs on your tv, in lieu of an actual cab.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Oh, that's a supergun?

That's misleading. I would not have called it that.

😖8===D~~~😥 Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Speaking of fucked pcb's. Tryed to play my Double Dragon board last weekend, and accidentally flipped the wrong dip switches trying to put it into free play. Hit the screen inversion instead, and now the picture is perma-flipped. Bad dip switches? I'm way too afraid to jump out the pins to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Oh, that's a supergun?

That's misleading. I would not have called it that.
    I hear that, They should have called it ArcadeBoxDX or something, at least the Germans refer to it as a M.A.K. or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Speaking of fucked pcb's. Tryed to play my Double Dragon board last weekend, and accidentally flipped the wrong dip switches trying to put it into free play.
    Hit the screen inversion instead, and now the picture is perma-flipped. Bad dip switches? I'm way too afraid to jump out the pins to test it.
    You could try spraying some contact spray on the switches (I think that's what its called) and carefully moving the switches back forth. maybe it will loosen up something.
    or one of those freeze cans, might just be enough to put the game back into the right screen setting.

Thread Information