Quantcast

Page 2108 of 2116 FirstFirst ... 11081608200820582098210421052106210721082109211021112112 ... LastLast
Results 31,606 to 31,620 of 31727

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Severin are very good. They're kind of like the US equivalent of Arrow...sort of. I'm a huge fan of the classic British horror films produced by Amicus Studios back in the 60's and 70's, and to get hold of a Blu Ray copy of one of my favourite horror films of all time, Asylum (1972), I had to order it from Severin over in the states. So pleased I did, it's superb.
    Wow , thanks had a look and they have some good stuff . luckily paid day is the 21st and thanks to it being a Sunday , it's in the bank now
    So getting some BluRays LOL
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Wow , thanks had a look and they have some good stuff . luckily paid day is the 21st and thanks to it being a Sunday , it's in the bank now
    So getting some BluRays LOL
    Yeah it's payday for me today as well, and as soon as six o'clock rolls around I'm done working for another four days. I plan to peruse Ebay for CIB Mega Drive, Mega CD and Saturn games, have a drinky poo or six and maybe relax by watching a Bond film. I fancy a bit of Moonraker.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Severin are very good. They're kind of like the US equivalent of Arrow...sort of. I'm a huge fan of the classic British horror films produced by Amicus Studios back in the 60's and 70's, and to get hold of a Blu Ray copy of one of my favourite horror films of all time, Asylum (1972), I had to order it from Severin over in the states. So pleased I did, it's superb.
    I think I have all of the Amicus horror anthology films either on laserdisc or dvd. They are all pretty good. Another great British anthology film is the 1945 "Dead of Night".

If you haven't seen it, "Trick R Treat" is a pretty amazing anthology film - the way the interlinking story is presented is in a very unique way.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Moonraker? Nah.
    The Spy Who Loved Me would be the pick of the Moore Bond movies, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Moonraker? Nah.
    The Spy Who Loved Me is, as far as I'm concerned, the greatest Bond film ever, but seeing as how the late great Sir Roger Moore was my all time favourite Bond I love all his outings as 007. Moonraker is a real favourite of mine.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Ahh crap, heres Yharnam talking about more politics even though everyone moved on. I'll try to make it brief

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Most people in the US don't realize the bullet they dodged when Hillary lost the election, bet your ass she would have pulled a Merkel on the US and invited them all in.
    Personally I don't care anymore, my life's over anyway. I'm just sitting here eating popcorn watching Europe crumble under its own politically correct bullshit.
    Well remember to remind your Dutch Liberals that open borders begins at home:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I imagine the US has another four years before Hillary takes over. Not her specifically, perhaps, but all the nutjobs who want Trumpís polar opposite. Itís strange how many people would rather have their color of choice in the White House than have their freedom...
    Its unavoidable. The U.S. immigration is mainly coming from Latin America, and those immigrants only vote Democrat.

In case anyone doesn't know, the U.S. voting system is based on demographics.

Republicans = white party
    Democrats = black, latino, Amerindian party

So if you want the Republicans to win, you bring in immigrants from Poland or Russia. If you want Democrats to win, you bring in immigrants from Latin America or Caribbean(this is currently happening)

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Yeah, I knew Neo was Dutch too. Of course, we've been here BSing about video games together for about a decade now, so that makes sense, picked it up somewhere along the line. I live in a part of West Michigan that has a huge Dutch population, the largest in the US I think. A few years ago, the king and queen of the Netherlands actually visited our region. I'm not Dutch though, moved here later in life, my grandparents were born in Hungary.
    Lucky man. My ancestors came from countries that are currently pussified as hell, meanwhile Hungary is one of the most safest and homogeneous countries in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Again this is another myth with the EU and I don't know why people bash the EU for it. Sadly the Western Gov's did more for that, than the EU in the old Empire days with the likes of the Slave trade, when the UK, French, Spanish and Portuguese we sailing the sea's and taking over most of Afria and Asia . The UK most or less invented mass immigration and imported millions of works to work down the pits, in the Cotton mills. One didn't need the EU to have a load come from Europe either, the Pits Ect did that (My Grandfather came over from Ireland) and to this day in tiny village we have 2 Italian Cafe's and 3 Italian chip shops all being run by the young generation of the Italian families after their Great/Gand parents came to the UK to escape Mussolini

If your economy is doing well and there are Jobs, workers will come from all over, the USA shows that
    Damn, looks like you got some red-pilling to go.

First off, the biggest slave trade that ever existed was the Arab slave trade. Do Arabs got the obligation to bring in immigrants? No, and they don't do it anyways. The only immigrants you see in the developed Arab countries(Qatar, U.A.E, Saudi Arabia) are from South Asia.

Secondly, the problem with allowing immigration, is theres bottomless supplies. How many immigrants does the UK allow every year? Is it 500,000-1,000,000? Thats what you're gonna see, year after year, for like 300 years. If you don't stop the immigration, then there will literally never be an end to it.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Moonraker? Nah.
    The Spy Who Loved Me is, as far as I'm concerned, the greatest Bond film ever, but seeing as how the late great Sir Roger Moore was my all time favourite Bond I love all his outings as 007. Moonraker is a real favourite of mine.
    The Spy Who Loved Me is without a doubt Moore's best bond film; For Your Eyes Only is my favorite and where he should have ended.

Despite all the love for Goldfinger I still feel Connery's best was From Russia with Love.

I like Brosnan, but only Goldeneye is worth a damn. I can watch it over and over. The next three films? I can't even remember the plots let alone the titles...

And the end all-be-all favorite Bond film for me is The Living Daylights. Dalton was my Bond.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Lync, you should give The World Is Not Enough another watch and see what you think of it now. It was pretty much the only Brosnan Bond film I liked (even though I really like him as Bond).

Plus, you get to watch Denise Richards pretend to be some kind of nuclear physicist.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Lync, you should give The World Is Not Enough another watch and see what you think of it now. It was pretty much the only Brosnan Bond film I liked (even though I really like him as Bond).

Plus, you get to watch Denise Richards pretend to be some kind of nuclear physicist.
    Oh man, World had all of the parts but couldn't put it together for me.

Brosnan was on point, and Sophie was a great femme fatale, but all the back-and-forth with the oil and money lost me... Carlyle as a villain with a death wish was hardly used... Denise Richards and that absolutely horrid "Christmas" ending. Oh man, that has got to be the worst line in any movie ever. I'm sure it killed Brosnan to utter it.

Carlyle's character should have been more the focus - I mean, the guy is not suppose to feel pain! They barely use it!

The whole movie past the mid point should have just lead Bond chasing down the stolen submarine and stopping the nuclear meltdown.
    Bond catches up to the sub.
    Bond has the big fight.
    Bond stops Carlyle and stops the meltdown thanks to something Christmas (played by someone else) told/gave him.
    Happily dying Carlyle unveils Sophie as the true bad guy.
    Bond then goes after Sophie, perhaps to also save Christmas (again, played by someone else...)
    Bond gets caught.
    Sophie tortures Bond.
    Valentine makes his great save and exit.
    Bond finally corners Sophie and must choose to kill her to save Christmas.
    Dramatic "Bond never kills a woman" moment.
    Bond kills Sophie.
    Bond saves Christmas.
    The God-damn end.

Also for my rewrite: No 3D.^ NONE.
    Last edited by Lync; 09-21-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    The Spy Who Loved Me is without a doubt Moore's best bond film; For Your Eyes Only is my favorite and where he should have ended.
    I agree. He toned down some of the goofiness in For Your Eyes Only, only to ramp it up again in the next two. By then he had also started to really show his age.

Despite all the love for Goldfinger I still feel Connery's best was From Russia with Love.
    I thought I was one of the few that felt that way. Goldfinger has been described as the "quintessential" Bond film but, for me, Connery's second outing is one of the finest Bond movies, and before the franchise was somewhat devalued by an over-reliance on gadgets.

I like Brosnan, but only Goldeneye is worth a damn. I can watch it over and over. The next three films? I can't even remember the plots let alone the titles...

And the end all-be-all favorite Bond film for me is The Living Daylights. Dalton was my Bond.
    Never a fan of Brosnan. His contribution to the series was to keep Bond alive at a time where the future of the franchise was uncertain, IMO.
    He brought nothing new to the table.

OTOH, Dalton, if Ian Fleming came back from the grave, Dalton would have been the one above all others Fleming would have chosen to play Bond, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post

Secondly, the problem with allowing immigration, is theres bottomless supplies. How many immigrants does the UK allow every year? Is it 500,000-1,000,000? Thats what you're gonna see, year after year, for like 300 years. If you don't stop the immigration, then there will literally never be an end to it.
    I would imagine us British were one of the 1st to use slaves and I think our Immigration is 350,000 most of which happens to be students.

I want out of the EU and hope we leave on No Deal , but not because of immigration, though I would like the UK to use the Australian point/skill based system for all people looking to come the UK.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

"The world's first 3200-bit system!" - Tom Kalinske

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I think I have all of the Amicus horror anthology films either on laserdisc or dvd. They are all pretty good. Another great British anthology film is the 1945 "Dead of Night".

If you haven't seen it, "Trick R Treat" is a pretty amazing anthology film - the way the interlinking story is presented is in a very unique way.
    Yes I have Dead of Night on Blu Ray. It is a British horror classic and Ealing Studios (The Ladykillers, Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Man in the White Suit) one and only foray into the genre. I love the anthology, or portmanteau, format in horror. If it's done right it's superb, and Amicus nailed the format in their horror anthologies, especially in Tales from the Crypt (1972) and Vault of Horror (1973). George Romero and Stephen King's anthology horror film Creepshow (1982) is also a superb portmanteau and a brilliant tribute to the EC horror comics of 50's America. Speaking of Stephen King, I highly recommend another excellent horror anthology based on his work in the form of Cat's Eye (1985). The first story about James Wood's character trying to quit smoking is both hilarious and very creepy at the same time.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Yes I have Dead of Night on Blu Ray. It is a British horror classic and Ealing Studios (The Ladykillers, Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Man in the White Suit) one and only foray into the genre. I love the anthology, or portmanteau, format in horror. If it's done right it's superb, and Amicus nailed the format in their horror anthologies, especially in Tales from the Crypt (1972) and Vault of Horror (1973). George Romero and Stephen King's anthology horror film Creepshow (1982) is also a superb portmanteau and a brilliant tribute to the EC horror comics of 50's America. Speaking of Stephen King, I highly recommend another excellent horror anthology based on his work in the form of Cat's Eye (1985). The first story about James Wood's character trying to quit smoking is both hilarious and very creepy at the same time.
    Kwaidan is another really good one - pacing is somewhat sedate but it is a visually gorgeous film. Body Bags (1993) is also worth a looksee.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; 09-21-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Thread Information