Quantcast

Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2169

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

^ Ohh. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    Heh. I copped Heavy Nova on cart as part of a swap with a kid and his dad through the local classifieds back in the day. I can't exactly remember what they got in exchange but I think it might have been Sword of Sodan… as unliked as HN happens to be, it's still orders of magnitude better than SoS.
    That's quite the trade! Let me guess, you also traded Batman Forever for X-Perts. :P

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    That's quite the trade! Let me guess, you also traded Batman Forever for X-Perts. :P
    Those might be worse than Sword of Sodan, actually No, but I remember Slaughter Sport coming and going around the same time. Pretty sure that was on a multicart my Dad brought back from Manilla. It did have Raiden on it IIRC which is makes up for it but back then I was getting kinda sick of shooters. Thinking about it, I had a pretty large aggregate of bad games BITD. Played all of them to death though, good or bad. Even Slaughter Sport got steady playtime for a few solid weeks with me and my mate.

Anyway, been digging into the new Darius Cozmic Collection for Switch - the standard edition that is (half the games of the Limited version, in a rather mercenary move by Taito/SquareEnix). It's awesome of course. Spent last night credit feeding Sagaia, which unlike the (US) Genesis port of the same name is not actually Darius II but a remixed game with new layouts/levels using the same assets (I believe it's what released in Western arcades instead of Darius II itself).

Also couple of credits on the first Darius, never played it before. Interesting to see where it all started. Gaiden's present on the comp as well, and it's still as difficult as ever despite 30hz autofire making short work of the bosses.

Surprisingly, the games are quite playable in handheld mode (or as playable as arcade shooters can actually be on a handheld with tiny buttons for a D-pad). I thought the letterboxing from being originally superwide format in the AC might have made the visuals a bit titchy, but nope. Looks great. The visual options are solid with dot-by-dot scaling, scanlines, and the welcome appearance of the M2 gadgets that can be toggled on to fill the extra space ala the Shotriggers releases.

First rate compilation, and a textbook example of how to tastefully present ancient arcade shooters on a modern system (apart from the aforementioned Limited/Standard edition debacle but I doubt that decision had anything to do with M2)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Gundam Breaker 3

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Still on Gundam Breaker 3 and just trying out Another Century Code R on PS3.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Sagaia version 1 and Darius Gaiden via Cozmic Collection. I don't play much on PC, but I've been dabbling with Cambria Sword again too. That's the unhinged sub-life themed shmup with the metal soundtrack in case you haven't been acquainted.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I've been playing a lot of Shadowrun on Genesis this week, but I've decided to take a break. It's an awesome game that has roped me in, but tonight, a buddy and I are going to dig into some classic SNK fighters. Gives me a chance to use my Tekken stick I picked up a while back. He can use the Ascii Playstation stick. ;P

I've read that the Tekken stick only works with "digital control" games. So far as I can tell, we should be good to go for all of them except for SamSho sadly.

Caligula Effect Overdose-NS.

I'm in a Persona mood but not going to replay Persona 4 or 5. Esp 5 since Royal is next year. Tokyo Mirage Sessions would be nice on Switch if it ever happens. I also last fall played Cybersleuth series so that leaves me with CEO. I got it last month and now really diving in. This is most def budget Persona lite. Has the same writer as Persona 1-2. It has the high school setting and the social link aspect and the dungeons remind me more of P4. They are not randomly generated but feel like it. Battle system is kinda interesting. You choose 3 actions per character and can see possible results of those actions before you confirm them. Unless you play on harder difficulties the game can be rather easy. For a game that really centers around music...it's mostly forgettable. TMS did a better job. It runs on UE4 engine but it can look a bit rough and like many UE4 games sometimes textures forget to load. The game is maybe a 7 if you can forgive some technical issues. It's alright but if you have a PS4 and looking between this and Persona 5. Get P5. Closest to a Persona game Switch has at the moment. It will at least get the exclusive Shin Megami Tensei V so there is that and hopefully a port of the excellent but Persona lite Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Road Rasher

Had been playing Xenoblade 2 right up to the part where you can't turn back, but got bored of farming for the last blade (which for me is Perun).

So I put it aside and have been playing Moonlighter (Switch). Unfortunately it's a bit of a buggy mess. I put up with the bugs through the first boss of the 4th dungeon, but not being able to access the items inside my mimic familiar is one bug too far. Can't recommend the physical release.

Final Fantasy XII-PS4.

I left my save off at a dungeon 2 years ago. Completed the dungeon but the game did that thing I despise in RPGs. Boss cutscene...boss. You don't give me time to get new healing items. Was able to do it after a couple of tries. Despite this nitpick I still think this game is masterful. The last great FF game. I'd love to have more RPGs set in Ivalice. One of my fave game worlds. It's unlikely but the next FF game I'd love to go back to basics in some areas. No cars. No mecha. No modern day anything. A fantasy setting. Air ships are fine. I hope for a medieval fantasy setting closer to FFIX or SNES era. FFXII is a nice blend of sci and fantasy. Sorry just rambling. FFXII is an excellent game and would love for a FF game to give me that magic feeling the series used to. Series has lacked soul for a long time.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Silent Hill 3, the final boss. Been stuck on it for a week now, must've attempted it like 40 times now, can't beat it - it's legit kicking my arse. Can't remember it being this hard when I played it back in 2003.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

I pocked up Ocotpath Traveler again as I wanted to finish the other characters I didn't finish last time. I have now done 5 out of 8 and almost done with the 6th. It makes it easier when my main part is level 65 so I don't worry as much to grind for the lower level character's boss.

After some spring cleaning, I relaxed with some Saturn. I played Guardian Heroes in Japanese not knowing the choices. I didn't finish the game as I had to get back to work. Beaten the game dozens of times before but that OST always puts a huge smile on my face. God, I miss 90s game soundtracks.

Started playing the SMSPower translated Phantasy Star with the FM restored.

I put the ROM on an SMS cart and I have an SMS with an FM unit installed.

Just picked up Lutz and on my way to Dr. Luveno.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Gunlord X
    Zero Gunner 2
    Ikaruga
    Capcom Belt Action Collection

Been in the mood for some Arcade games

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

We have a newborn, and my wife and I handle the night in shifts. She goes to bed around 830-9 and wakes up about 4, and then I go to bed and wake up around 11. So, during the late nights between diaper changes and feedings, I have been watching a lot of 80s horror flicks, and playing the Mega SG.

The past week or so, I have been focused on a couple of first year titles, Last Battle and Rambo III. I have yet to beat either, but I feel that I'm getting close. In Rambo, my goal is to beat it using 5 lives and no continues. I think there are 6 levels total, and I've gotten to 5 before game over several times now. It's just a matter of time.

While I think Rambo is a much better game than Last Battle, the latter gets a bad rap in my opinion. For a launch title, it controls quite well, and I just think it's a lot of fun. Rambo is a freaking classic though. One of the best 89 releases for sure

Thread Information