Quantcast

Page 140 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2169

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    No Heavy Nova?
    Heh. I copped Heavy Nova on cart as part of a swap with a kid and his dad through the local classifieds back in the day. I can't exactly remember what they got in exchange but I think it might have been Sword of SodanÖ as unliked as HN happens to be, it's still orders of magnitude better than SoS.

My JP 360 has been getting a workout the past couple of weekends, dipping my toes back into Mushi Futari and messing with the arrange modes in a few of the other CAVE releases. As sturdy as the PS4 has been in terms of shmup releases, it's got a fair way to go before it can touch the good 'ol 360. Even taking the CAVE stuff out of the equation leaves a rock-solid library of heavy-hitters to consider.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Currently playing Ace Combat 7 on my PS4, and it's excellent but very, very difficult. I've always loved Namco's Ace Combat franchise, but admittedly haven't really played them heavily since I got addicted to Ace Combat 4 back on the PS2. That probably explains why I'm a bit rusty. Nothing wrong with my ace flying or dog fighting skills, but the actual missions themselves are VERY unforgiving with extremely strict parameters, objectives and time limits. I'm sure I'll crack it eventually. Like previous games in the series you unlock new planes, weapons and aircraft upgrades by earning points by completing mission objectives and destroying as many enemy targets as possible. Naturally the better the plane you're trying to unlock the more expensive it's going to be. I'm sure that once I've unlocked access to more advanced aircraft it will make some of the more difficult missions more manageable.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

VanQuish on PC. I do have it on PS3 but it's on sale for $6 on Humble Bundle. God do I love this game and beaten it I don't know how many times!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I've been playing Resident Evil 2 on PSX for the first time since it was new back in high school. I owned the first one and 3 with Nemesis back then, but never the 2nd one, although I do remember playing it. But it's been practically a brand new experience for me, and I've really been enjoying it. Finished the Leon disc last night. So many memorable experiences, the monster croc and side story with Ada Wong in particular really stood out. Such an awesome game. Can't wait to start up the 2nd disc with Claire this weekend.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

I'm playing through Gargoyles' Quest on the Game Boy, which is a smashing game. Personal fave. At the level where you have those flying venus flytrap things chase you and I'm getting my arse handed to me. Love it!

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    I'm playing through Gargoyles' Quest on the Game Boy, which is a smashing game. Personal fave. At the level where you have those flying venus flytrap things chase you and I'm getting my arse handed to me. Love it!
    Hands down, my favorite game on the GameBoy. It wasnít perfect, but it was mind-blowing to my eleven year-old brain, BITD.

In my opinion, I still donít think either of the sequels compare too favorably...

^ Yeah, I'm not fond of the sequels either. I like the SNES game, graphically, but it's such a major departure from the GB original.

Currently I'm playing Civ 2 on PC. Pita to get running. It works, with all the patches I've installed, but the CD drive isn't being detected by the game, so I've got no music.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    ^ Yeah, I'm not fond of the sequels either. I like the SNES game, graphically, but it's such a major departure from the GB original.
    Iím just going to say it: I did not like Demonís Crest. I suppose itís an alright game on its own, but itís a pretty lousy Gargoyleís Quest game.

And GQII... I donít know what happened there. I played it again recently and I still canít quite put my finger on what is wrong with it. Itís basically just like the original GB game, right down to following the same plot (I guess itís a prequel to the original? Itís not very clear), but they somehow sucked all the fun out of it. The graphics donít look nearly as good as the original and the music sucks.

Back on topic, Iím kinda/sorta playing Castlevania: Curse of Darkness on the PS2. It is really, really boring.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

^ I love CV: CoD and like the monsters system and think it has one of the better OSTs in the series.

I love the soundtrack (and that song is one of my favorite tracks), Iíve had it in regular rotation on my iPhone long before I put the game in.

I not really understanding the monster system. I guess itís basically an extension of the familiars in SotN, but when the monster system is a bullet point on the back of the box (not to mention the lynchpin for the whole plot, it seems) and Iíve been playing for two hours and only found two monsters... it really just makes me wonder how long this game is going to be. I definitely donít have the patience to slog through twenty hours of this single-button combat system.

Sonic CD, on the Nintendo GameCube Sonic Gems collection.

Anyone have any insight on possible emulation issues on this particular version? I've run into a number of obnoxious issues and I don't quite know if this port is to blame, or if they existed in the original version.

Examples:

The stage music isn't looped. It fades out and starts over, like a song played on 'repeat.' The music in the Mega Man Anthology did this, too. It's dumb.

Revving up the spin dash is very clunky. It requires mashing the button until the sound peaks, otherwise Sonic doesn't move at all. It's also dumb.

All of that is in the original, it was only in the 2011 remaster did they give you the option to use the Sonic 2 (and onwards) spin dash and proper looped music, without no fade out.

As for Sonic CD on Gems, yes, it's a sloppy port of the 1996 Windows PC version. Has it's own share of bugs and glitches. Sonic R is also a ported from it's PC version, but they did a better job there.

Devil May Cry V

Going back & forth between Bayonetta 2 & DMC5. I can't S rank all missions as Vergil is just a bit too much for me to do that. Most missions I have. I also trying to beat Urizen in the prologue to get the secret ending. I got him down to about 40% but that was with my end game and post-game gear and skills and upgrades.

Been playing Snatcher on the Sega CD the last few days. Just finished it tonight.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Thread Information