Quantcast

Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2167

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Currently revisiting Breath of the Wild on the Switch. ‘First played it on the Wii U. Without a doubt, the best game ever made.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I picked up Nier Automata for the first time in 2 years. I just wanted to replay it again and the honeymoon period wore off long ago. This game is as amazing as when I first played it. Liam is right from SBF. Every song is one of the best songs in the game. Knowing some of this talent is working on Astral Chain excites me more. I know AC won't be as deep as it's not a Yoko game. It does, however, seems to be taking some influence from Evangelion. Astrals act like EVA's on a small scale. Not a straight-up PG action game. Dungeons. Investigate crime scenes. I just had a hard time waiting which NA has a world to explore and so I just needed something to tide me over. Blabber blabber. NA is fantastic and insanely hyped for AC.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Killing time with some missions in DMC5. Finished it back in March but wanted to come back to it a little.

Also playing the 10 hours demo..yes 10-hour demo of Dragon Quest XI-S. My god that orchestra is amazing. The midi sounds like utter shit on PS4. This version has so much extra content. It looks quite good for the system. I was pretty impressed with the visuals of DQ Heroes on PS4 back in 2015 but even on Switch, this looks nicer than that game. Now, this is a downgrade from PS4 but it's honestly not much of one. yes lower resolution but otherwise pretty close. I'm a fan of the DQ series and I always loved them more as a portable series but hated how it looked on DS (mainly talking of DQIX) so this is perfect. 16-bit mode or full 3D mode on the go. Sorry if I sound like an ad but I really do love this series and this version is the perfect blend of both worlds. If I have one complaint. It's a minor nitpick. I still wish my character would change his clothes when I change the armor. Not that big a deal as there are costumes on the way. Hey if I loved the hell out of Xenoblade 2 with Rex's parachute pants then this is nothing lol. Besides I like purple.

Septembers is so crowded holy shit. Maybe by November I can get back to buying some retro games.

Astral Chain. Holy shit! It's like they took Nier Automata, Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta with a sprinkle of Deus Ex and threw it into a pot. Top it off they add investigations of crime scenes and dungeons with puzzles. So far story-wise it has some Jo-jo and Evangelion and a lot of stuff from the 80s or 90s anime in a cyberpunk setting. It's like 80s/90s anime the game as well. The music is also something special. I wasn't sure anything would top DMC5 for action games this year but Astral Chain is making a case. Can't say yet as I have only just begun.

Usually I tend to ignore full on Jpn themed and bred games but the last few P+ games I've played I've really enjoyed. W101, TMNT, Transformers, etc.., were fabulous but this one (A.C.) is crazy. All of the elements seem to click perfectly.

I've been replaying Ninja Cop / Ninja Five-O lately and holy shit.

I remember liking it a lot back in the day, but after replaying it I think it just became one of my favorite games of all time. That mix of arcade-style Shinobi and Bionic Commando is just ridiculously satisfying.

Also, best grappling mechanics EVER made.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

The Ninja Warriors Once Again (or Ninja Saviours as it seems to be called outside of Japan for whatever reason). I won't give a detailed report in this thread but as anyone else with the game will probably attest, it's friggin' dope. Haven't had a lot of time to dig in since I been away from home and so on, but Tengo Project has certainly matched their previous Wild Guns update with this release. I haven't even unlocked the new characters yet, but have been happy learning the ways Ninja and kunoichi - never played the SNES original properly so it's new territory for me.

Super tight single-plane brawling action, punishes those who mash (like me before the gameplay clicked). Online scoreboards for time attacking individual levels is nice.

Daemon X Machina.

It's basically Armored Core 6. Makes sense since the director worked on AC games over at From Software. This game is a little more accessible than those. More anime characters. They fixed the technical issues from the demo. Japan is in love with UE4 now and this game has a really neat cel-shaded high contrast art style. It's really damn fun so far. If you like Armored Core then you'd like this. My only issue is so far I cannot replay missions. One of my fave things to do in mission based games. Maybe will unlock later?

Plants vs Zombies: Battle For Neighborville

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I've been playing Pigskin Footbrawl and Technocop. I won the 1st pigskin match but during the second match I forgot all about the "send in the troll" feature. I was up 68-36 and the troll came in and tied it up with numerous touchdowns and a bonus of 2 points for time of possession. Then I lost the 3rd match.
    Going back for more tomorrow and that'll be the tie breaker.

I've only reached level 4 on Technocop and I doubt I'll finish it anytime soon. Something else always seems to come along that grabs my attention and I wind up leaving it unfinished.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Destiny 2 is my main game on PC. I play with a group of friends so it's a regular thing to just sit back, chill and chat while we play.

On the console front it's been lot of Street Fighter in it's various Sega incarnations. I finally got my consoles set back up with a stereo system and it's been great playing SF zero 2' with decent sound. My kids have mostly been playing Forza Horizon on the XBone or Minecraft on the switch.

When I saw the trailer for Contra Rogue corps. I thought it looks rough but potentially fun. In fact it reminded me heavily of Expendable on Dreamcast. a game that while a little rough I very much enjoyed. Sadly Rogue Corps is a pile of shit. So I decided to play this again. It's also on GOG if anyone wants. I never played the PC version tho.

Some Armored Core For Answer & soon Dragon Quest XI

Ruiner. Great Cyberpunk setting and presentation. The gameplay is great but the levels can sometimes go on about an hour too long. I don't think they should be longer than 20 minutes for this kinda game. Not the kinda game I want to play 2 hours of quick-reacting of dodging shooting and skills. While not directly comparable, Nex Machina kept its levels at the perfect length. I think this game would be flat out one of the best in its genre if it shortened the levels by about half at times. Many times you think the big boss of the level...is just like the 3rd of 6 or something. They do at least give you plenty of weapons and healing areas. So far the levels all kinda look the same which is a bummer. Even tho they are straightforward at times they are a tad confusing. It's a fun game overall tho. Worth playing if into top-down arcade shooters but it does have some issues.

Thread Information