Quantcast

Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145
Results 2,161 to 2,169 of 2169

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Project: Altered Beast on the PS2. My god, what a crap game, but damn is it fun. Def a guilty pleasure of mine for the system. It's also total SEGA at that timeframe - take a beloved classic IP and whore it out to some shitty low key devs. Still fun tho despite being utterly flawed.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Luigiís Mansion 3 but seriously considering RE6 after playing the Switch demo.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

lol RE6 is so bad. That whole game is one of the Paul WS Anderson films as a game. Think of Street Fighter The Movie The Game. Hell, the SF movie game Looks like BOTW next to RE6's CDi Zelda. You know what tho. Watching the films might be a better idea as you don't have to deal with those awful QTE's everywhere and watching half the game. Leon is one part. You play as a bunch of character and none of them are very good. They retconned a bunch of RE story stuff in the dumbest of ways. The gunplay gets real bad. There are no loadouts. The melee is awful. Then again for some people that make sit more enticing. So whatever floats your boat but man...that game is just something else. It might be better to get it cheap on PC or used on other systems if really curious. Also, I have heard the Switch port runs pretty poorly throughout.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Based on certan reviews (gs and ign) itís either great or terrible and considering I found enjoyment in ORC while immensely disliking RE5, the demo made me enjoy 6. QTE are nothing new. Mindless zombie killing is enjoyable.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I'm a ways into Freedom Planet. I'm the one guy who waited until I could get a physical edition to play it. So far, the level design is great, the controls are solid and the game flows well. I really don't like the character design, and the cutscenes are too long. So two minor gripes but it's a pretty damn good Sonic rip-off. And honestly there really aren't many of those.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Hardcore Mecha on PS4. Wow-what a hidden gem. It's 2D using an animated Mecha game that is similar to an Assault Suit series game. Not exactly the same but in a similar vein. I got it on a whim from Play-Asia. This game is really fun. Only played 5 stages so far.

Dusk Diver. Budget brawler with a Persona lite vibe. It's decent but not great and needs some serious polish. It's still fun in spurts.

Will get back to Shenmue III when they get the PS4 backer codes working. A lot of peoples are not working including mine.

Front Mission Gun Hazard. Damn this is a fucking great game!

I loved the Darksiders series. I was hoping for a DS III for a long time and recently getting it even tho it was out a year because it was only $10. Darksiders 1 is Zelda meets God of War. DSII is Zelda meets Diablo with a little PoP. DSIII, however, is Dark Souls lite. I'm a little mixed. I'd prefer it if they kept the Zelda inspiration mixed with something else as usual. Instead, this is just a poor man's Dark Souls. I'm not totally against the idea. I hate the combat in Dark Souls and micromanaging everything. Darksiders III dumps any idea of a stamina bar. I also can set it to classic Darksiders combat which I have. While exploring can be fun, it has too many technical problems. Hitches. FPS drops. The game seems random in the things it wants to keep from Dark Souls or abandon. Ok yeah, you gather souls and use them as currency and lose them if you die and have to regain them. Then again it has difficulty options, even an easy mode. Well, why not give me the option to have a map? The level design while not bad per se, is less cohesive than a From Software game. There are other small design issues and technical problems. It's not quite the game I hoped for but I don't hate it either. For the price, it's decent enough. If I paid $60 I'd be very let down.

I think Darksiders Genesis is more up my alley with the full on Diablo gameplay.

Thread Information