Quantcast

Thread: Changes In Our Update Schedule

Changes In Our Update Schedule

We've been updating four times a week for 2 1/2 years now, and I feel that the amount of content we now have - 450+ reviews and 300+ features - means that we don't have to update so frequently anymore. I have always wanted to keep a consistent schedule, and we update far more than most retro sites. Along with my personal obligations (full-time teaching job, two kids), I'm not able to produce 4 articles a week anymore either. Contributions aren't enough to maintain the schedule, so I'm going to slide it back a little.

As of tomorrow, April first, we will update three times a week:

- Monday: Review
    - Tuesday: Feature
    - Thursday: Review

The only difference is that we won't be updating on Friday with a feature, but that one day is quite significant for me, at least. This way, I can use the weekends to work on new interviews and features, and it will give our staff (those of them that are still around) some more time to pump out some solid work. I have to give it up to the guys who are still here, as they've really been dedicated to keeping the site running. My hat is off to all of them.

So there it is, nothing major, but I felt that any change in the schedule should be communicated to the readership. I'll be adding a blurb about it to the main page with tomorrow's update as well.

Oh, and this is not an April Fools joke.

Thoughts?

As long as content will keep coming at a moderate pace of equal or greater quality, no problems here.
    My Genny could beat up your Genny with its controllers behind its back!

I'm not able to produce 4 articles a week anymore either. Contributions aren't enough to maintain the schedule, so I'm going to slide it back a little.
    Gah, I feel guilty.

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

Listen, man. Ive made MAYBE 6 features, and theyve all either been shelved or scrapped before ive turned them in, unless you count readers roundtables. I think im going to do a Hockey genre review when i get done with my history of video gaming term paper, which is due monday.

Overall though, I feel very comfortable with my contribution to this site. Its a main hobby of mine, and its not getting in the way of my education, and I can do this when I want and Im not shorting the site at all, IMO. There are still plenty of things I can write on, so Ill start churning things out when I get a chance.

Ideas:

Mario Lemieux Hockey
    NHL Hockey
    Many other games that cant come to my head right now

Hockey Genre Review

A lot of other things, I have class in seven hours, so i need to get to ZZZ.
    Sega-16's Resident Sports Authority. Chief Heckler of the Midwest.

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Thoughts?
    It's completely understandable that you want to spend less time on your site and more with your family. Websites, I find, can be a little like Frankenstein’s monsters in the fact that while you enjoyed them at first, eventually they become all consuming and you become obsessed.

Quality and not quantity are the keywords here. Sega-16 has a great collection of reviews and features and all of you should feel very proud of yourselves that a website of such quality exists about a console that fizzled out of the mainstreem over a decade ago.

I also think I would make a great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

I agree with everything Mr Smith said.

My other two öres are: if there are more features than reviews in the line, have two features instead of two reviews that week.
    Got Pier Solar? Good. Please post a comment here.

I figured this would be happening soon. We've gotten to the point where A LOT has happened, and now we can get away with updating one less day, and still be an active site. I know I haven't always been solid on writing, but i'm trying. We've all got IRL situations to deal with and this site shouldn't suffer.

Take a break!

Thread Information