Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warlock

Banned by Administrators

AEther, I dont remember checkpoints, password system yes, but no checkpoints. If you died, you get the warlock in darkness then thunder. I remember you could collect a spell that either healed you completely or revived you after death. This "lives" are scarce which increased the difficulty.

Also yes the orb can move up but I was reffering to magic blast, and the flying enemies are fast so it takes good timing to kill them. The orb IS slow so fast moving enemies who take multiple hits dont die.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Sonic
    AEther, I dont remember checkpoints, password system yes, but no checkpoints. If you died, you get the warlock in darkness then thunder. I remember you could collect a spell that either healed you completely or revived you after death. This "lives" are scarce which increased the difficulty.

Also yes the orb can move up but I was reffering to magic blast, and the flying enemies are fast so it takes good timing to kill them. The orb IS slow so fast moving enemies who take multiple hits dont die.

yes, you have checkpoints. for example, in the first level, if you die inside the mansion, you dont have to start all from the beginning, you just start from the inside of the house. the Warlock only appear if you dont have more "lives", if you still have at least one, the image get dark, some sort of aura left Druid and then he starts again. and that "lives" are not scarce, but the most is hidden or you can get then only if you do some sort of thing. again as example, in the first level, when you get to the mansion, there is a human that starts with you, if you can make him survive until the platform at the end of the floor, it will give you one of that "lives", or if you kill all the werewolfs outside, an so on.

and some of the flying enemies are really fast, but at that time you have already get a powerfull magic blast, that is much more speedy and inflicts more damage on the enemies! but yes, the orb is really slow.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

No one mentioned the dreadful music. Damn, it's worth throwing the cart into oblivion just for the audio alone, never mind that's its complete cack...

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

IDK I kind of want this game. I remember playing it years ago, didn't seem too bad then.

Second Base = Best Base Raging in the Streets Tanegashima's Avatar

The only thing that really really gets me about this game is that you can't play as the Warlock and go around butchering innocent people...I so wanted this game to be that when it came out and thats why it sucks, pure and simple.

I disagree. Warlock has average difficulty. I finished the game back then when I bought it. I never had any problems with this game. I like it and the graphics are nice. The atmosphere is good, good graphics.
    It is not a must have. But a worthy action/platformer.

Death Adder's minion

oh I used LOVE this movie! the game was a bit disappointing though :-S

Nameless One

Let's rise this discussion from it's grave. I got this game for cheap and I'm surprised by the quality of it's content so far (played about three stages). Just to put this into context: I've played most affordable, generally considered good games on the system and I'm currently going through the lesser known titles, so playing a licensed and Acclaim published games that feels OK is quite a discovery. I'll reserve final judgement until I've cleared it however.

I agree with the review that that game has some pleasing graphics, but can't shake the feeling off that it would look better with a modified palette: more orange skin color, a lighter colored coat, lower contrast backgrounds, stuff like that.

Has anyone played the SNES version and knows how much it differs from the GEN/MD version? There's a longplay of the SNES version around, but it's 2 hours. I've only watchted the stages I've played so far, and there seem to be quite a few differences:
    Stage 1: no long elevator ride to the top, boss behaves differently
    Stage 2: Cave section has some content removed --> starting point is different, no section with at least 5 bats attacking
    Stage 3: not fully through here, enemy layout is different?

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I have this game, but I don't think I've ever played it. I got it in a lot with a bunch of other games a few years back and never got around to playing it.

I found the review to be rather lackluster in its description of the game, but was glad to see that the lone comment was very informative about the game's content. Particularly the point that you receive a password after completing each level, so you don't actually have to start the game over when you die as the review stated. If you guys read the review, be sure to read the comment as well. I want to give this one a try now.

Wow! Could not disagree more with this review. This is actually quite a well-made game. It's almost as good as the Shadow of the Beast games. It's got that same kind of atmosphere. I really enjoyed this game

Hero of Algol

Yep, this game is actually quite good and there isn't really many similar options in the MD's library.
    It's also far superior to the SNES version.

Strongly underrated IMO but also deeply flawed by the lack of better control options (it doesn't support the 6-Button Controller IIRC) and some fine tuning in the difficulty.

Thread Information