Quantcast

Thread: expanding upon Sega 16

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Default expanding upon Sega 16

I was thinking, since this site is called "Sega 16", how about expanding the site to the full meaning of the phrase? Sega made some Turbografx/PCEngine ports, and System 16 was a pretty big arcade board... we could cover those.

It's not like this would provide for a huge amount of new content, but, uh, hey why not?

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

If you want info on System 16, go to www.system16.com

Great little site.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Well, I want to keep the site as Genesis-focuses as possible, given how nicely we fill that little niche. Expanding to cover other platforms or arcade boards would go beyond our scope, and there are lots of other sites out there that do it better than we could.

Besides, there's still so darn much to say about the Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X! Better to be the big fish in a small pond...

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

But I want to talk about Golden Axe for PC Engine.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I think that expanding beyond Sega's 16-bit realm would be an excellent idea. Ultimately, that would allow for a greater freedom of content that could be featured on the site (let's face it -- there "will" come a point where there won't be much left to discuss). Unfortunately, with the Sega 16 name being what it is, that doest create a bit of a hurdle.

Melf: You're not giving yourself enough credit, there are plenty of people here who I am sure would be happy to support you with potential expansion. Always think positive!

I think it would be both good and bad. I like how Sega-16 actually focuses on the Genesis/32X/CD, and so seeing it expand to encompass the s16 board and ports rubs me the wrong way.

On the other hand, that *would* indeed be the way for the site to truly 'meet its destiny', so to speak.

My current frame of mind, though is to simply say that Sega16 isn't broke, and therefore it doesn't need such drastic 'fixing'. When we've exhausted the current topic scope, then maybe it would be time to stretch a bit. As it is, though, I say leave it alone.

That's just my US 2 cents.

When I first started the site over a year ago, a friend commented to me that I would run out of material in about 6 months. 16 months later, we're still going strong, with a myriad of topics we haven't even touched on yet.

Maybe someday we can expand to include Game Gear and Saturn coverage, then Dreamcast and Master System, but that's not in our forseeable future.

We're the premier Genesis site on the net, and that's not something to sneer at !

Thread Information