Quantcast

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of Batman & Robin

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I almost bought this today... tommrow in between classes perhaps I'll buy it. I didn't because I had to sign up for classes, so I was rushed for time and I couldn't.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Tried it out on emu, I was pleasantly surprised and ill get this game in the future. I really like the feeling of how your charachter connect with the enemies when you attack them. It feels like you really give them a nice beating in this game unlike many others.
    Euro... Trash... Girl

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Well, I bought it today in between classes, I'll play it after work.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

When I wrote the message about the FAQ almost a year ago I didn't forsee the very busy period my business would again go through. The project had to be paused.

I have looked at the file this afternoon, but I'll need to get into the game again would I want to finish it as I am not able to recall everything in a degree to keep writing.

So I'll post this WIP version of the FAQ. I hope I'll find the time to complete it, if not this version contains pretty much everything except stage 4.

Some things I would like to add to the FAQ are the points enemies are worth, the different patterns Mad Hatter throws at you depending on the amount of damage you do and perhaps some other small things that will come to mind.

http://members.chello.nl/~r.gebhard1...0(Genesis).txt

If you wish to mirror it Melf (or anyone else for that matter), please go ahead.
    What is seen and what is not seen, what is experienced and what is not experienced, what is and what is not, all it sees, it is all and sees.

-Prasna Upanishad IV. 5.

Hey! Glad to see you back with a FAQ in tow!

Sports Talker

Fun game

First thing that struck me about this game was the graphics. The gameplay is repetitive, but the mix-up of levels and visual effects keeps it interesting. Music could be better. Some very generic techno, for the most part.

this is the game i had to play with my younger brother to play it out
    but still love it the bosses are fun but easy once you know there attack pattern but its a shame that the last boss is the easiest in the middle doing nothing
    but the levels expessialy with the mad hatter are difficult

but great fun

Road Rasher

The impressive graphics were the only thing that kept me playing this game. The actual gameplay is way too simple/repetitive, but the music and eye candy are worth the price of admission, definitely.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

man this game is heartattack difficult esspecially the airship level,but the graphics outdate a pure no chipped in snes,when i heard the bass encounter in one song i was surprised a genesis could pull that off.I never played red zone but i truly believe that it is a awsome game too,i played it on emu and find it kind of hard.

Again, AoBaR is only hard in the sense that traditional shmups are hard - it requires a bit of memorization, but once you have the gist of the patterns the whole game becomes only a *leetle* more difficult than your average run 'n gun. With some more practice it's very, very beatable.

But yeah, first time through it's going to hand you your butt on a platter.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight
    Again, AoBaR is only hard in the sense that traditional shmups are hard - it requires a bit of memorization, but once you have the gist of the patterns the whole game becomes only a *leetle* more difficult than your average run 'n gun. With some more practice it's very, very beatable.
    This is true. However, unlike the better difficult shooters, Batman & Robin remain a boring and unenjoyable experience, at least without a Game Genie.

The only way to play Batman is on the Lynx
    Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz, 2 GB Samsung DDR2, GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB, 320 Gb Maxtor, Logitech wireless

Nah. Batman (the first one) by Sunsoft is great for both the NES and the Sega Genesis. Batman Returns on the Sega CD (set to DRIVING ONLY) is fantastic. Batman Returns on the SNES is pretty cool for about 5 to 10 minutes, but it gets repetitive fast. I think I beat it when I rented it.

The AoB&R for SNES is also pretty good, more of a platformer but also more varied than this game and it has very large sprites true to the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianger
    The AoB&R for SNES is also pretty good, more of a platformer but also more varied than this game and it has very large sprites true to the cartoon.
    The SNES version is very well done and one of my favorite licensed Batman games; however, the use of large and detailed sprites doesn't allow for many of them to be on-screen at one time. Because of this you're often fighting one to three enemies per screen at max.
    juxtapixel.wordpress.com Twitter @Diogo_Ribeiro

Thread Information