Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of Batman & Robin

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    This is true. However, unlike the better difficult shooters, Batman & Robin remain a boring and unenjoyable experience, at least without a Game Genie.
    thats your perspective,its a awesome game only to hard everything a genesis could pull off is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AxelStone
    The only way to play Batman is on the Lynx
    dont make me laugh,that version suck's chunk's,man it looks ugly plays ugly and sound ugly,only the tought of it is rare ugly.the sega cd one is okay,could have been done better graphically,more colours.

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitter
    The game's difficulty doesn't bother me, more like I can't keep my attention focused on it enough due to the repetition. It bores me to death -- literally in one sense.

The pacing is this game's downfall for me. I think they pushed it out the door a bit too quick. Though with the way 16-bit games dropped like flies off of dev schedules around that time, another month may have seen this game axed altogether.
    absolute true.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 10-18-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianger
    The AoB&R for SNES is also pretty good, more of a platformer but also more varied than this game and it has very large sprites true to the cartoon.
    It is a nice enough game, but though it looks terrific, it rehashes the episodes so much that make the game boring to me. With too familiar environments and a lack of surprises as a result, the mostly dull and slow gameplay make it more playable than Genesis game but not any more fun.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

yeah the snes version looks okay kind of empty like full coloured grey wall,s in the riddlers stage? but man it,s so slooooooww,if i was gordon ramsey i would say that the lazy F...cker has got to get a move on.

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

I got the same feeling when playing it about it being batman and robin license slapped on a hard core run n gun beatm up kinda thing. I love being batman and headbutting the giant metal boss on first level with harleyquin. I'll tear that giant metal contraption to peices using my fists and forehead!! I love pounding punks. I had to play for a while to get the hang of the gameplay, but it can be pretty smooth if you get in a groove. I have only beaten it with the infinity lives game genie code, I also used the cheat to keep power up level after death and that makes it a little more fun and less difficult but still challenging. I was a bit put off by Mr freeze at the end, after all that insanity and crazy effects in the earlier levels he was kind of a letdown. Maybe its cuz I was using the GG, but he seemed b#tch made. I can get to the second or third level without GG, but its been a while. I think staying up all night playing this while sedated gave me brain damage actually now that I think of it. I like the music but mixed with the explosions and flashing going on onscreen I thought I would have a seizure.

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

I was just playing it yesterday and I got completely crushed on the Mad Hatter part. The first two levels were very uneventful. The joker board was more of a training level and Twoface's was way too monotonous with the addition of the flying part. I think the game starts at the first level of the Mad Hatter stage. After that it gets very good. Best thing to do is play it with only a couple of continues. 2-3. Just to keep the pressure on. You enjoy it a lot more when you know that there won't be a dozen continues to save you.

and for the love of all thats holy keep your weapon powered up.
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

Master of Shinobi

I think I've been a little hard on this game in the past. It's highs are very high and it's lows are very low. You have to have a lot of patience and perseverence to see what it has to offer and even then many will probably find it wasn't worth the trouble.

I think it's one of those games which speaks to a very specific type of person, for me personally I do find that some of the levels really get my blood pumping and the adrenaline moving

I beat it yesterday. I almost died on both the MadHatter and Mr.Freeze bosses. I was at zero lives with only 3-4 bars of health left. It was pretty nuts.

I do remember it a lot more challenging back in the day but wasn't everything.

There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Impressive, Edge! I rented this game when I was in high school and only made it to the 2nd level, and when I played it recently I ran out of lives (and patience) during the first boss.

It wasn't a serious playthrough, though - I plan on giving it a more diligent run in the future.

^ Ya, Once you lose your weapon powerup the difficulty gets racheted up very quickly. I was lucky enough to hold on to a decent powered weapon throughout the game. There was a few intervals though where I lost it and was getting smacked around a little. Mostly during the Mushroom stage of the MadHatter.

Oh, and that was so cheesey of the developers to put the MadHatter right infront of your view so you can't see the cards coming behind him. Cheese-ball developers!

Mr. Freeze levels were harder when I was younger but now I just breezed through them. If there was more of those double barrel tanks it would have been a lot more difficult. They killed me once I think.

it s yust a great game that need to be played with 2 players

DOUBLE THE GUN DOUBLE THE FUN

or shuriken or batwings whatever he s throwing

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

This game is awesome, no lie. I did not know Genesis games could look this good. And I like the challenge!

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

I wish Adventures of B & R on sega cd had the levels from the cart version by clockwork tortoise in between the driving levels instead of the fmv parts, like Batman returns cd did. You would need some serious endurance to make it through that game.

I like this game but it is hard to a fault. I'm not able to get past the first boss.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

The bosses, while robust, are actually not that hard to defeat. Particularly the first one. It's all a matter of learning the pattern (as with most games of this type).

It's getting to the boss in one piece that's hard!

The review is bad. You shouldn't write a review on a game you haven't finished without cheating.

ABR is indeed difficult for novices. It will requires concentration and focus during the learning phase. But once done, you can cruise easily in the levels.

The shmup level is awesome. Trying to finish the level starting at power level 1, I never had such adrenaline rushes in all my gaming life. The boss is terrific as well. The music stays with you obsessively. However the shmup level becomes easy if you reach it with max powered weapon. I use the green weapon here. It rocks.

Anyone criticizing this game is an ignorant or does not belong to the game. It is because of those people that movies are cut short because they are supposed to fit into 1h30-2h timeframe.

The music is maniacally good. No surprises a career in game music composition ensued for Jesper Kyd. The music in ABR entirely does the job and sets the atmosphere. Don't like it? Don't play it. Crazy techno from the demo scene does fit the crazy figures of bosses and the sense of never ending task for the player. In that sense, the shmup level length felt like 2001 the Space Odyssey descent to Jupiter. Again and Again and Again!
    So called "obvious faults" (repetitiveness and length) are quite the contrary, they are an asset, they are the soul of the game.

Once you have played ABR, it seems that Contra/Alien Soldier don't not have enough repetitive enemies.

Anyways, once you learn how to play, the aim is to finish the game without using any continue. Then without dying at all.

For me this is a piece of art. The best game ever. And I wish new 2D games like that were still being developed. I would shell out 50 bucks any day for another ABR kind of game.

The next step is to invent a new universe with its own characters.
    Last edited by Mordan; 12-22-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Join Sega Consoles on Telegram here https://t.me/sega_consoles

t.me a msg... i sell CIB sega multitaps. List of supported games

Thread Information