Quantcast

Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Reviews & Features

Night Trap review sent! So much for leaving out the surrounding controversy. I found it impossible to ignore, especially since there's not much to the game beyond its place in history.

Working on Lord Monarch next.

Edit: I see Jamesprower claimed Psycho Pinball back in 2007, but I'm not seeing a review. Can I claim that? I'll sandwich it between my current two scheduled to bide more time for Rent A Hero.
    Last edited by Benjamin; 03-13-2012 at 11:46 AM.

He never handed anything in, so it's yours if you want it. Both your reviews are ready to go, so they should be published in the next couple of weeks. There's a review by Sebastian and one by Daniel Dyne before your baseball one, so you have time to work on anything you want to hand in.

Thanks for the great submissions!

Way back in 2007, Joe said he was going to do a side by side for TF3, Thunder Spirits, and TFAC. That didn't happen, and when I asked him about my doing the feature, he gave me the go ahead. So...

I'll be doing my first side by side for TF3, TS, and TFAC

Currently Reviewing: Gods
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done: Steel Talons

Hard Road! Raging in the Streets Barone's Avatar

Hi, Melf!

I would like to write a review for "Fastest 1". It's a 1991 forgotten F1 simulator only released in Japan and an extremely overlooked game. People usually don't pay attention to it due to its non-arcade controls and simplistic graphics (looks like a Master System game at first) but IMO it's the best F1 game on the system (only surpassed by Formula One: Beyond the Limit but that's for the Sega CD).
    I need to know if you could have a bit more patience and care with my review text since I never wrote one and I'm a Brazilian Portuguese native speaker...
    I also need to link the review to a mini-guide since the game was only released in Japan and the in game text is full of bad Engrish occurrences what makes some options and information very confusing... The guide would also contain some basic information (with pictures) about the car setup and handling settings since the game is a simulator and can be really painful to players only used to arcade F1 games like Super Monaco GP. Is it possible, Melf?
    There's no review or detailed info about this game on the Internet and it's dirty cheap on eBay, so I think it could be a good addition to the Genesis Reviews section since I believe that I can help people to learn how to play and enjoy it.

If you give me an "OK" about it I think that I can send you the review and the mini-guide within a week.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Barone; 04-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    There were better games on the CD-i than there were on the 3DO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olls View Post
    That is definitely true. SNES games are overall more well-balanced. The Mega Drive has many more (extremely) difficult games for no other reason than bad game balance and sometimes shitty controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    Rondo of Blood? Dracula X? Really? Everyone with any sense recognizes they're vastly inferior to SCIV. Especially in terms of controls, if nothing else. Anyway, I agree with A Black Falcon 100%.

Sounds fine. Linking the review to the guide is no problem.

Great! Thanks a lot, Melf!
    That is definitely true. SNES games are overall more well-balanced. The Mega Drive has many more (extremely) difficult games for no other reason than bad game balance and sometimes shitty controls.
    Rondo of Blood? Dracula X? Really? Everyone with any sense recognizes they're vastly inferior to SCIV. Especially in terms of controls, if nothing else. Anyway, I agree with A Black Falcon 100%.

Talking

Melf, I just sent you the second of my promised contributions by email.
    Did it get to you?

My body is ready for the flaming.

Your Xenon 2 review? I did indeed get it. Thanks!

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

The surfacing of that Zero Wing Double Take was a surprise. If you want another barnburner I've still that Bart vs the Space Mutants Side By Side I mentioned many moons ago. There's a slim possibility it may do more good on the site than sitting on my computer. It's at least normal review length for only the NES, Genesis original version, and Genesis Revision A; additions could make it huge, besides the GG and SMS have barely any differences unless they're hidden well within the game whilst I wouldn't be able to judge whether discrepancies on the more exotic systems were particular to the game or typical of the machine, though if a fourth were desired I could try the C64's as well since I'm already interested in the console.

P.S. -- Is agostinho's review on its way?
    Last edited by StarMist; 05-28-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: agostinho

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    If you want another barnburner I've still that Bart vs the Space Mutants Side By Side I mentioned many moons ago.
    I'd be very interested in reading that, actually. The NES version is on my unfinished-business list from way back when. (Or is it the GG version? I played both and was thwarted in both, though I'm quite sure I made it a long ways into the game.)
    The Umbrellahead Review: where the movies are B and the packages large.

P.S. -- Is agostinho's review on its way?
    I put it on hold for some weeks 'cause I'm preparing a hack for the game, with all Engrish corrected and real names of drivers, teams, engines, tires...
    The names of drivers and teams in the menu/pre-race screens I have already changed.
    It will work on real hardware using Flash Carts and on emulators.

The rom will probably have 1Mbit more since they have programmed it in a way that if you change some names you break the whole addressing so I had to copy the old data to new portion of the rom and edit it there.
    Very basic hack.
    Last edited by Barone; 05-29-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Death Adder's minion

Melf, Ive sent an article regarding the Sega Mega Drive Tournament in Braga but I haven't received any feedback about it yet.
    Did you guys receive it?

I did indeed! It should go up this Thursday. Thanks!

If you want another barnburner I've still that Bart vs the Space Mutants Side By Side I mentioned many moons ago. There's a slim possibility it may do more good on the site than sitting on my computer.
    I'd be happy to publish it. I like reading your stuff.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Sent.

Night Strikers (SCD) = this review is missing. Moby Games has the introduction and an expired link. As a fan of the Saturn version I'd like to see this revived or reviewed anew if possible.

Gods (Genesis--Amiga port/remake) = This has no review nor evidence of a prior one linked on other sites. Just to let prospective reviewers know there's more meat out there. I'm not interested in writing it.

Thread Information