Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone heard of Sol-Deace

I always thought it was a pretty good game. The music is good, the graphics, while not TF4 caliber, are nice with some great animation tricks, and despite the limited weaponry, it was implemented in a interesting fashion. But the flicker is pretty bad at times, and the backgrounds could have used a little more oomph.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Grand Duke of Nukem Master of Shinobi Nunzio's Avatar

It really blew me away for the SCD. It was the first game I tried and I quite enjoy it.

What is with the Sol Feace/Sol Deace thing I wonder.

Pimp ad though.
    S A V E R U S T Y

Quote Originally Posted by Nunzio View Post
    It really blew me away for the SCD. It was the first game I tried and I quite enjoy it.

Pimp ad though.
    The cartridge version (Deace) came to the US before the Sega CD was ever released in the US. Then the CD version (Feace) wound up being packed in with the Sega CD anyway a while later. I'm guessing they didn't plan on bringing the CD version to the US as a pack-in initially, so a cart version seemed like a good idea.

I like the ending to the cart version better myself. Feels more like a real ending than the few seconds of what you get on the CD version.

Done:

I too was confused by the Sol-Feace/Deace thing. The original game title is "Sol Feace". The defunct Renovation brought the game over to the Genesis (the cart version was only released in the U.S & Urap I believe), while Sega themselves brought over the CD version, which was only available with the first run of Sega CD Model 1 consoles and never released as a stand-alone retail title.

Wildside Expert

I love Sol-Feace (or Sol-Deace) and I have a lot of fun playing it. To me, playing Genesis (sega CD) game is just a nostagia thing so I don't really care if it's good or bad gameplay (even though I do care...........).

Can someone tell me the ending is the same or different between Genesis & Sega CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    I love Sol-Feace (or Sol-Deace) and I have a lot of fun playing it. To me, playing Genesis (sega CD) game is just a nostagia thing so I don't really care if it's good or bad gameplay (even though I do care...........).

Can someone tell me the ending is the same or different between Genesis & Sega CD?
    The Sega CD has a very (VERY) quick animated ending. The cart version on the other hand, has a longer ending (more scenes and such) with some touches of animation, plus a more interesting effect on the credits. As such, the Genesis version has the best ending IMHO.
    Last edited by The Coop; 06-26-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Done:

Done with Sega-16 (sorta) Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    he defunct Renovation brought the game over to the Genesis (the cart version was only released in the U.S & Urap I believe)
    Sol-Deace was only released in the US. Even though it lacks the cutscenes from the CD version, I actually like Sol-Deace more, mainly because I prefer the soundtrack on that version by far over Sol-Feace.

pew pew pew!! Wildside Expert Tears of Ash's Avatar

I liked sol-feace. Never played sol-deace though.
    Blog (reviews, podcasts, music shows, interviews)

5200 controllers repaired Master of Shinobi tz101's Avatar

Sol-Feace is excellent, but I have never played the MD version.

Why is it so bad to resurrect a thread? Can anyone explain the disdain for this practice?
    It is finished!

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Who said it was a bad thing? It's the respectful thing to do. Making the same thread over and over without heed to previous ones will make for a chaotic forum. Hence, the need for moderators and the merging of threads.

The "search" function is a forum user's best friend.

Banned by Administrators

I don't really as a rule like horizontal shumps. For some reason this game stands out as one that I like. Once I bought it I could not bring myself to sell it even though I'm not that good at it.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    The cartridge version (Deace) came to the US before the Sega CD was ever released in the US. Then the CD version (Feace) wound up being packed in with the Sega CD anyway a while later. I'm guessing they didn't plan on bringing the CD version to the US as a pack-in initially, so a cart version seemed like a good idea.

I like the ending to the cart version better myself. Feels more like a real ending than the few seconds of what you get on the CD version.
    Thanks for the information!

I saw the cart ending screen on vgmuseum site and I thought it's quite different from what I've seen on Sega CD...........now I know the reason why.

It's time for me to get cart version..............hehehehe

I still remember the title screen code for Sol Feace. ABCABCBCBA - Start
    May work for Sol Deace too, not sure. It's been a while, but it might have been an invincibility or infinite lives code.

My friends and I used to say the code REALLY fast, we thought it was funny, so it's just kind of stuck over the years.

I love Sol Feace, I've been playing it quite a bit this past week or so - but without the code. The music is just epic.
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Nunzio View Post
    Wolfteam wanted to make sure that consumers didn't try shoving a cartridge in the CD drive.

Thread Information