Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tempo

Insidepulse.com uses 5.0 as a strict AVERAGE. 6.0 is considered above average. This makes 8.5s and 9.0s VERY RARE.

the trouble with a 10 point score is that some people want to associate it with the 0-100% scale used by the American Education System (which is actually not used in much of the world) so they automatically equate 7 with 70% and think unhappy thoughts. Just becaue basic math can be applied to everything doesn't mean it was meant too.

1-10 wasn't meant to be treated as a School-like system unless you read garbage like Game Informer
    You need to set a certain philosophy with your scoring, so that we're all on the same page. Otherwise, one guy giving a game a 7/10 could be sayting the same thing that another was saying with a 4.

I consider a 5 to be a strict run o'the mill Average. Playable, but nothing noteworthy. Things below 5 depend on how much I disliked it. a 6 to me means better, and enjoyable in the sense that it can actually grow on you. A 7 satisfies all the criteria for it to be FUN, a little more than worth a 2nd playthrough, but not a lifechanging experience in any sense.

EGM claims to use a similar system, with 5 being average (it's even said so in caps in the fine print) despite their newfound mainstream hyperbole. While others use 7 as average and give a skewed slant to Gamerankings to satisfy publishers.

But Drixel Brings up a good point.
    if it's below 5, it matters less.

Hooligans of the Night...Eat, Game, and be Merry
    The Game Collection

n.W.o 4 life Road Rasher StRiDA CoL's Avatar

Hey, there's no need for insults.

- Melf
    \"It\'s one of lifes many mysteries like why is my nose filled with army guys\"-Homer j Simpson

O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!
    O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I don't agree with labeling a particular score as "average". What's the average? Are we doing this on a bell curve?

A 5 is half the points. A game deserves a 5 if it's half good, half crap.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

n.W.o 4 life Road Rasher StRiDA CoL's Avatar

rrrrrrr
    \"It\'s one of lifes many mysteries like why is my nose filled with army guys\"-Homer j Simpson

O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!
    O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!

tttttttttttttttt

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Vorty is right 5 is average 10 devided by 2 is 5 so average.a b c d e f is six letters devided by 2 is 3 so average 5 stars or something devided by 2 2,5 rounded 3,Damn hes right and youre all wrong but still he gave 4,and i agree its above average a six or 7 I played with a bit of fun and wasnt bothered by the game,The same that my brother hates skitching but bought it for its good music.And I think metal head is also average it has average graphics plus some nice music,makes it average and mostle underated because its on the 32X i give that one a 6 or 7.32x has a few just crap games.

Holy crap! They made a Tempo sequel for the Sega Saturn? CRAZY! You can buy it here on eBay if you have way too much money for your own good. I am now extremely curious and I want to play the Saturn version to see what it is like, but I sure don't want to spend $60+!

There is always a differance between accepted procedure and base rules. 7 is average to me as a reader simply because I know from experiene that I will find a game rated about yey high to be an utter bore.
    Euro... Trash... Girl

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Super Tempo is pretty rare, so that's why it's so expensive. I really like the Game Gear Tempo JR.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Well if you buy it for me (Saturn version) I'll tell you how it is.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I'd love to buy you all a round of Super Tempo. But alas.. I got a trip coming up and almost all of my funds that I don't need otherwise are going towards a huge downpayment on a car in a few years. Sorry.

But in all honesty I heard it's a lot like the 32X game.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Super Tempo is one of my most wanted games. I may take the $60 plunge.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Thread Information