Quantcast

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Mouse compatible games

Wildside Expert

here's the list I got from ROM disassembling, when adding Sega/Mega Mouse support in the emulator I'm working on:

Body Count
    Janou Touryuumon
    Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker
    Lord Monarch - Tokoton Sentou Densetsu
    Nobunaga no Yabou - Haouden / Nobunaga's Ambition
    Nobunaga no Yabou - Zenkoku Ban
    Shanghai II - Dragon's Eye
    Two Tribes/Wrath of the Gods - Populous II
    Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio

Contrary to most beliefs, Art Alive does not support the mouse (there isn't a single line of code for it), neither Cannon Fodder.

Populous 2 has bugged mouse support, vertical axis are reverted.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I swore Shanghai 2 said on the box, or manual it supported the mouse? My copy is complete, but I swore it was mentioned.

Anyway... I think the game is great, but would be better with a mouse. Don't think I'm going to be buying one for one game
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Art Alive's not compatible. Neither are Lemmings or Cannon Fodder. Very silly.

Eye of the Beholder for the MCD is though - I think theres a handful of mouse-compatible titles for the MCD. Forget which ones, though.

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

Just an FYI, Gens32 Surreal has mouse support even for Megadrive titles that don't support it. Of course you'll need a driver but thankfully a driver builder is bundled with the emulator. I tried it with Cannon Fodder and it worked surprisingly well. Sadly MegaCD mouse support is not yet implemented, and likely never will be.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

My first post here and hopefully it's not too dumb of a question:
    Is there any reason why this genesis mouse would not be compatible with the sega cdx unit? I just can't get mine to work, unless it's a case of that the mouse does not register on an LCD tv screen?

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

Well have you tried it with a compatible game? If you mean in the system menu, it's possible either a) mouse is damaged or b) the firmware doesn't support the mouse for navigating the CD player functions.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Hi,
    Yeah, I have tried it with what are listed as compatible games.
    I tried it with a sega cd game- Mansion of Hidden Souls, as well as with a cartridge game- Nobunaga's Ambition.
    Where you asking of the sega cdx firmware? It's version 2.21. Perhaps someone can confirm either way whether the mouse is compatible with the cdx.

Nameless One

I'm pretty sure I've used the Mega Mouse successfully on a Multimega with Populous 2. Well, as successfully as it is possible to do so with the ludicrous bug ... just goes to show that nobody bothered to test the game with the mouse, they obviously just banged the code in as an afterthought.

Utterly insane really, a game like that really should have been tested FIRST with the Mouse!! Ah well. At least they bothered to try.

Still can't understand why games like Megalomania, or Cannon Fodder didn't get Mouse support written in - although, to be fair, I thought they did a damn good job of making Megalomania playable with the joypad.

Well, since hardly anyone actually owned the Mega Mouse, of course it was first priority to make the game play as smoothly as possible with the joypad.
    However, seeing as they apparently hardly implemented Mouse support at all, I wonder why they even bothered releasing the thing!
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

My mouse just got here today, so I'll be testing it out with different games, soon. I know you're all wondering if Jeopardy Deluxe supports it, I'll report back soon! :P
    I'm not gonna go get humped by a giant red ape in space.
    -Carl

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    It disappoints me that Mega Lo Mania cannot use the mouse.
    Mega Lo Mania was released in 1992 on the mega drive and the mega mouse in 1994. Kinda sucks that the Snes version supports its mouse controller =/

I only got my mouse just to play Cannon Fodder and it works suprisingly well! Im gonna try how it works with Lemmings 2.

If I remember correctly Worms also supports the Mega Mouse.

Did anybody play it on G/MD?
    Ju... Ju... Juuunker... You may stop me but it's not over yet!

Cannon Fodder works great with it alright. Such a pain that more games didn't have the function included.

I think I remember trying Dune 2 and being most annoyed.

Worms is one game I don't actually have for the Megadrive. Must pick it up and try it out.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Monkey Island on Sega CD is much improved with the Mega Mouse. That game was the reason I got a mouse. Sure it's slow but there's nothing quite like playing Sega now is there...

Quote Originally Posted by AD2101 View Post
    Rise of the Dragon really doesn't support the Mega Mouse? That game seems like it would be made for the thing.
    I'm like %99.9 positive I've seen someone play Rise of the Dragon with the Mega Mouse.

Thread Information