Quantcast

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mega Mouse compatible games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, I can find something for around $10-$15 eventually. I hope someone does make an adapter eventually. It seems strange that Sega's mouse would be that much different than the other technology at the time. I may be able to dig up an old mouse and mess around with it to see what I can get working.

I mean, the technology was par for the course at the time, but the protocol (i.e. how it sends the data over the cable) is completely unique. Really, just about every platform had its own unique format for this (heck, PC had like two or three competing ones not counting the mouses that connected to keyboards, before settling on PS/2 and later USB). So it's really a matter of whether anybody can be bothered to make an adapter from a given protocol to another.

An adapter that takes a modern optical mouse would be nice anyway because nobody likes cleaning a mouse ball :​v

CORD NAME: BLACK-FIRE Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

Cheers to Aleste for showing that Cannon Fodder does indeed support the Sega Mouse.
    I suppose the deal is that the mouse has to be detected on game startup, and there was no way, from my everdrive, to start the game with the mouse plugged in port 1.

This further makes me wanna get a proper copy to perhaps play it a bit more in the future, since I spent over 30 hours clearing it... with a pad.

I wonder though if new everdrives have a way of supporting that.
    Since 2014, I livestream a show called Mega Marathon here www.twitch.tv/goati_ and it's about beating every single MD game, all regions, homebrews, unreleased, etc., while being informative.
    With a 68000 heart on fire.

I suppose we should add Arkagis Revolution when it comes out.

Something I want to bring up: some people aren't sure if Body Count supports the mouse or notů yeah, it does (at least in port 1). The big catch is that for whatever reason, it does not detect the mouse in Kega Fusion (it does detect it in BlastEm, however), which is probably the source of confusion. If you still want to play it on Fusion with a mouse, set it to emulate the Menacer instead.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

The only time I played Body Count was via my Everdrive, with the mouse, though I don't remember if I had any real trouble with it. You have to be fast with swapping controllers without borking the system up, I suppose?
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Nah, just keep the mouse plugged in from the beginning. It's just that the game doesn't like whatever Fusion does with the mouse (best guess so far: the real mouse takes a bit to return back the data but Fusion returns it immediately and the game doesn't like that and assumes there's no mouse, BlastEm does attempt to emulate this delay).

Goddammit, Fusion
    http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/...p=35724#p35724

Turns out Arkagis Revolution and probably Body Count aren't detecting the mouse in Fusion because the emulation is broken and it returns the wrong ID. Now I wonder how many games are broken under Fusion. To anybody who wants to try if a game supports the mouse through an emulator, I suggest you to try checking it in BlastEm instead, at least that one does return the correct ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    Cheers to Aleste for showing that Cannon Fodder does indeed support the Sega Mouse.
    I suppose the deal is that the mouse has to be detected on game startup, and there was no way, from my everdrive, to start the game with the mouse plugged in port 1.

This further makes me wanna get a proper copy to perhaps play it a bit more in the future, since I spent over 30 hours clearing it... with a pad.

I have Cannon Fodder and a Mega Mouse. They are the perfect partner! Strange using a mouse with the Mega Drive though. I bought it many years ago off eBay out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised when it worked with Cannon Fodder, one of my favourite games.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post

I was able to navigate the menus with a controller in port two while having the mouse in port one (Mega Everdrive V2). Can't think of a good way to do two mice from the everdrive for a 2p game of Marble Madness. Also, passthrough mode has to be on in order to use the mouse with the mega sg. Thank you all for the research on the mega mouse. I actually ended up ordering both the Mega and the JP Sega mouse.

edit: I'll test a 4 way play and see if that would do the trick.
    Last edited by BrianC; 10-19-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Thread Information