Quantcast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium

Default Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium

Some say it's the best in the series. Some say it's the Genesis RPG best ever made. However you feel about it, there's no denying that Phantasy Star IV is the a monster of a game that sent the original storyline out with one hell of a bang. Read our full review and see why so many people love it so much.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-15-2011 at 09:56 PM.

i cant say any bad things about this game i just like it

This is the best game ever!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

what made PSIV easy compared to older PS games were the dungeons. in the first two games, getting lost was a given unless you had maps.

from a style side, it is incredible

from a story side, great, excellent callbacks to previous games

sound, some of the best of the genesis

i just didnt want the game to end, it was all over too quickly... just like panzer dragoon saga :/

It's the best Phantasy Star game and best RPG from the 16 Bit Era

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Another game on my "buy again list". The box art is easily one of the worst, but the game itself is the best RPG on the Genesis ever made! I just wish that it wasn't too short and easy.

When I first started playing this, I thought I wouldn't like it at all b/c the second game just frustrated me to no end. Six hours later I was still playing the game. It's great, you don't have grind to much and when you get new weapons and armor, you can actually see the difference it makes in combat. Unlike the second game where it just felt like you were just able to tank more damage and hope that you had enough TP to heal every other battle.

The dungeons were made so much better than Phantasy Star 2 as well. The monsters couldn't rip you apart like tissue paper, so you could actually take the time to explore the dungeon.

Its a shame the series only went as far as that awful PS2/360 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicpezer View Post
    If you're being strict about it (and I am because I'm a jerk sometimes) the series only went as far as PS4!

Phantasy Star Online/Universe aren't Phantasy Star games, as much as Crystal Chronicles and all that shit the FFVII "franchise" brought with itself aren't Final Fantasy games. They are just products that are falsely named to easier bring in money.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Phantasy Star Online/Universe aren't Phantasy Star games, as much as Crystal Chronicles and all that shit the FFVII "franchise" brought with itself aren't Final Fantasy games. They are just products that are falsely named to easier bring in money.

And i fucking fell for it back in 2000, I got phantasy star online for Dreamcast hoping for something good,
    turns out its a piece of shit "run here and kill this thing, then run there and kill that thing"

I was hoping for an rpg with some online elements, experience a story or something,
    to this day i still don't understand whats fun about PSO. (or what the point is)

I can't decide if this game is better than Phantasy Star 2. Admittedly, the graphics, music, and especially the dungeon designs are better. But the first time I saw the AWESOME ending to PS2, I fell in love, that game is a masterpiece.

I actually played through the entire series over the last couple months, and they are amazing games! This is the kinda crap the genesis is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicpezer View Post
    When I first started playing this, I thought I wouldn't like it at all b/c the second game just frustrated me to no end. Six hours later I was still playing the game. It's great, you don't have grind to much and when you get new weapons and armor, you can actually see the difference it makes in combat. Unlike the second game where it just felt like you were just able to tank more damage and hope that you had enough TP to heal every other battle.

The dungeons were made so much better than Phantasy Star 2 as well. The monsters couldn't rip you apart like tissue paper, so you could actually take the time to explore the dungeon.

If you're going to count PS Online/Universe as a Phantasy Star game, then you might as well keep in mind that December 2008 saw a new release in that series with Phantasy Star Portable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Portable

Coming to the US in March.

But I agree with those who say that this isn't a "true" Phantasy Star game.

My personal favorite is 4 as well, followed by 1. The problem with PS2 was that I constantly got lost, especially in the last third of the game.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

I think it's funny how people beg for more canon Phantasy Star games when PSIV was such an elegant wrapup to the series. You know that a sequel would just butcher the franchise's memory - come on, when what the last time Sega did a good next-gen sequel to an older property?

I'm contented with the existing PS canon.

I Agree w/ Genesis Knight. Don't let SEGA ruin another classic like they did Golden Axe and Sonic.

I've heard Sonic and the Black Knight is a Sonic Joygasm to die for.

Thread Information