Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero the Acrobat

Default Aero the Acrobat

During the Genesis' heyday, it seemed all Companies wanted was their own “Sonic,” a character to call their own and to make them lots of cash. During this period, it was a matter of “quantity” over “quality” and Aero the Acrobat is the best example of this.

Read the review.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Amen to Tim. You nailed it with that review.

Why do so many perps like this turd??

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

I picked up the SNES cart of this game today, well aware that it has a "mixed" fan response regarding it's gameplay. What are the differences in the Genesis and SNES versions?

Never played the Genesis version, but have the SNES version which is OK but nothing great.

this is now rated by the OFLC for a Virtual Console release. Not sure if it will be the Genesis or SNES version though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Amen to Tim. You nailed it with that review.

Why do so many perps like this turd??
    And I still stand by my statement.

Number 2 was an improvement, but the controls still sucked.

Merf and Jackal,

Aero the Acrobat is a great game and it does not attempt to copy or emulate any other game! It featured many innovative features that other games have been influenced by.

Why do you call those who like it a "perp"?

Shows that you are wet behind the ears! Your obvious cluelessness is why you should not express your opinion about anything...!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon1952 View Post
    Merf and Jackal,

Aero the Acrobat is a great game and it does not attempt to copy or emulate any other game! It featured many innovative features that other games have been influenced by.
    OK, sorry to rain on your parade, but loads of games have had "innovative features" and still sucked. You know why? It's because they are poorly implemented.

And it is copying/emulating other games - it's a platformer - one of those poor made ones video games companies threw out back in the 90s to cash in on the success of the Mario and Sonic games.

Aero's sky attack thing is annoying - it doesn't work half the time and I don't think anyone is going to put up with that for very long when that's the only means of attack.

Also, the music in the game is so bad it warrents turning the game off on it's own - play the first level and listen to the circus music. You will want to kill yourself after a minute of listening to it. At least Theme Park knew how to do circus music without repeating the same couple of notes over and over again...

Why do you call those who like it a "perp"?
    I made that post years ago, straight after I had just watched Judge Dredd the movie. Guess it was just in my memory banks, I didn't mean anything by it...

Shows that you are wet behind the ears! Your obvious cluelessness is why you should not express your opinion about anything...!
    If I want to express my opinion about a bad game, I will. if you like the game, fine, I'm happy for you - just next time remember this is a forum; you're going to run into people with views you don't agree with...
    Last edited by The Jackal; 05-27-2010 at 07:59 AM.

You can certainly express your opinion but saying ugly things about those that do like it and don't have your opinion is what makes your statement uncalled for and ugly. You say that you didn't mean anything by it but words do express views and they do influence how people think of you.

You can certainly express your opinion but saying ugly things about those that do like it and don't have your opinion is what makes your statement uncalled for and ugly. You say that you didn't mean anything by it but words do express views and they do influence how people think of you.
    I just told you I made that post years ago and I only used that word because I just watched a movie!

There was no meaning to me using that word, so fucking calm down.
    Last edited by The Jackal; 05-27-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

The first game sucks but the sequel is kickass. SNES games have better sound but hindered gameplay due to lower res.
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

You would get eaten alive at any other forum...yeesh.

I always remember hating this game when I was a kid. I always found something unwholesome about circus-themed anything. I don't know what it is, there is just something creepy to me anytime a game has a circus or carnival level, or one of those levels where you are in a giant toybox or something. This game was uninspired, unintuitive, and just generally mediocre overall. We rented it, literally played it for five minutes, and never touched the bastard again. There were so many better options available at the time.

Aero the Acrobat is a terrible game, and people who like it are most definitely perps.

Apparently being called a "perpetrator" is an "ugly thing" by some peoples standards, and is in fact so bad, that anyone who says it "should not be able to share their opinions ever."

Merf and Jackal,

It featured many innovative features that other games have been influenced by.

Dragon1952, please tell me what games were influnenced by Aero?

Thread Information