Quantcast

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77

Thread: Altered Beast

  1. #16
    Second Base = Best Base Raging in the Streets Tanegashima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    It was "Welcome to you're DOOM!" to be exact.
    It was Welcome to You Are Doom? Huh...and here I thought it would have taken the possessive...

  2. #17
    ESWAT Veteran Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,744
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanegashima View Post
    It was Welcome to You Are Doom? Huh...and here I thought it would have taken the possessive...
    clicky


  3. #18
    Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The mean streets of New york
    Posts
    4,383
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Rise from your grave.......I think they made a techno remix of that sound bite
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"



    http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

  4. #19
    Road Rasher chrisbid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    43
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    home arcade port goodness

    well worth the 5 dollars or less this game goes for at the used game stores

  5. #20
    Death Adder's minion CamelMan420's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Always had fun with this game.
    First game i ever played for genesis.

  6. #21
    Sports Talker
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germ0ney
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As I wrote in my short comment on the game review - the game itself isn´t that bad. Compare it with other home console games released in 1988 and not with late genesis releases like SoR III or other releases after 1992-1993. For the time it was a very good looking and playing arcade port for the home console that promised to "bring the arcade experience home"...

  7. #22
    Alemme01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I like the game except for the moments where you have to time your kicks/punches so precisely to the point where it's unenjoyably frustrating.

  8. #23
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    357
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotkopf View Post
    As I wrote in my short comment on the game review - the game itself isn´t that bad. Compare it with other home console games released in 1988 and not with late genesis releases like SoR III or other releases after 1992-1993. For the time it was a very good looking and playing arcade port for the home console that promised to "bring the arcade experience home"...
    that was then though this is now, it was even a wonder how the megadrive became so successful here when that game got it off to a bad start

  9. #24
    Premier of the Guild Outrunner Ghaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ardmore, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    Age
    42
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan89 View Post
    that was then though this is now, it was even a wonder how the megadrive became so successful here when that game got it off to a bad start
    Because Kalinske came along and, despite SOJ thinking he was insane, said "We're gonna put Sonic in there!"

  10. #25
    The Gentleman Thief Baloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,493
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Kalinske was the only reason the Genesis survived in the states.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".


    Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

  11. #26
    Zebbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Täby, Kingdom of Sweden
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,054
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    I thought it was all the great games (and some crappy ones), like Sonic 1&2, Mortal Combat, NHL series etc.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

  12. #27
    The Gentleman Thief Baloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,493
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    If Kalinske's business tactics weren't there to guide them along, then no good game would've been able to pull them out. Why not take a look at the Dreamcast for instance?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".


    Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

  13. #28
    Zebbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Täby, Kingdom of Sweden
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,054
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    If he used those tactics for Dark Castle, Time Killers and whatnot, would it have worked then? Giving him the credit as "the only reason the Genesis survived" is a little too much.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

  14. #29
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    357
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    agreed about tom kalinske he saved sega

  15. #30
    deathbed8844
    Guest

    Default

    I think this game sucks. It is the worst sega game ever! Thats what i think.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •