Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Riley Basketball

Death Adder's minion gillygil420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    I have to rant about something, and I am not doing this out of anger or spite but just to voice a point. It seems like every game that gets a 1 or 2 score has a ton of people jabbing at the reviewer saying how he's too harsh on the game. I would like to say that there's plenty of games that deserve that score and I agree with several of the low scored reviews.

I also have a question for all of you, why do so many of you disagree with these reviews so strongly and never post comments in the review itself? I would start commenting more on the games so that your opinion will be heard.

Like I said, it's not a yelling session for all of you, I just wanted to voice a point and encourage more comments in the reviews.
    Agreed. If you comment on the review itself then at least the there can be a reader score that's different from the reviewer score. There are two scores on each review.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Really? I thought Lakers vs. Celtics shat on this from a great height.

it did because here in the uk it was super real basketball to save pat riley from even more embarrasment no doubt

Sports Talker

I was wondering if anybody had a "relatively" accurate release date for Pat Riley Basketball ? Reason I ask, is because I'm trying to pinpoint the time frame in which I bought my Genesis. I know that one of the games I got with it (besides Altered Beast) was Pat Riley. I also know that I bought Lakers vs. Celtics the day it was released. So I know that I purchased my first Genesis sometime between the release of Pat Riley, and before the release of Lakers vs. Celtics. I think it might have been Summer 1990, but not sure.

Well, the Japanese release date is 03/02/90 (March), so Summer of 1990 sounds about right, I would estimate June 1990.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    I was wondering if anybody had a "relatively" accurate release date for Pat Riley Basketball ? Reason I ask, is because I'm trying to pinpoint the time frame in which I bought my Genesis. I know that one of the games I got with it (besides Altered Beast) was Pat Riley. I also know that I bought Lakers vs. Celtics the day it was released. So I know that I purchased my first Genesis sometime between the release of Pat Riley, and before the release of Lakers vs. Celtics. I think it might have been Summer 1990, but not sure.
    If you open the cartridge, there will be a production date code printed on the ROM chip. It will be four digits long. If it says something like "9020", that would indicate that it was manufactured on the 20th week of 1990.

Does this apply for most or all Genesis games?

According to that method, "Pat Riley Basketball" must've come out in the period between May-July 1990.

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    Does this apply for most or all Genesis games?
    It applies to most MD/G games. My copy of The Jungle Book doesn't have a date code on the ROM chip, but it has one marked on the capacitor.

This type of method is also excellent for finding out when matte label game reprints were produced.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Meh

I bought this game from Gamestop mint, CIB for $ 0.33. I've always wondered if it was a good investment. I've also wondered if Pat Riley and Keith Ian Carradine are secretly the same person:

Why is this review now unreadable? The box art is missing and when you click on the review link you get a "Unable to open media folder" error.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

For some reason the folder didn't get uploaded when we changed hosts. It should be fixed now.

Thread Information