Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gain Ground

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

I've been playing with this one recently myself. Save stated my way through it, not to beat, but just to take notes. Which basically boil down to: Get the archer, and give the game it's safety word .

Well, the Samurai is useful in those later Round 4 stages, with the walls, as his tornado is about the only attack not hindered by walls. The rocket guys seem like the best during the Round 5 stages.

That final boss though... on Normal(when I used save states) I barely got him, with less than 10 characters left. On Easy(ran with it as was, no states) time ran out, which was an instant game over...

Also, what's with crediting SIMS? Is that what Sanritsu became?

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I cannot get enough of 'Gain Ground' lately. I had played it on occasion in the 90s because a buddy of mine owned it, but I had largely forgotten about it until recently when I noticed it was on the 'Sonic Ultimate Genesis' compilation.

While the graphics and sound effects are crude for Genesis standards, the gameplay is absolutely top notch which makes up for any of the game's shortcomings. After I started playing it the other night, time completely got away from me which never happens. It really sucked me in. What an incredibly fun game.

I like when the timer runs out and you lose all the guys you collected the entire game.

Thread Information