Quantcast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Default Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

While Revenge of Shinobi is regarded as one of the best titles early on in the Genesis' life, there were a handful of problems I had with it to really keep it from becoming a gold classic. But Shinobi III fixes all of them and makes a marvelous game to boot.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-29-2011 at 09:59 PM.

favorite video game of all time for sentimental reasons. i really like revenge of shinobi because it has that classic launch look and feel to it that the early genesis games had but i have to say 3 is better. i really like the music in revenge but i think shinobi 3's music is better. i wish there would have been more secrets and hidden things to uncover for i have completely mastered this game inside and out. i can run through it on expert without any shirkins and probobly rack up a record high score. i wish they would've made a powerfull sprite based 2-d sequel (shinobi 4) on the saturn or 32x with similar graphics as symphony of the night and the same razor sharp controlls as 3 possibly even with some new moves and magic and maybe even a story. sounds like a pretty good idea for the wii or ps network or something. the shinobi franchise had alot of potential and was squandered by sega, shinobi legions and the ps2 game fail compared to the 8 and 16 bit masterpieces.

ive heard alot of people rip on this game about the surf boarding levels saying how they are a direct rip off of the tmnt games but i have to say that shinobi 3 does a better job with the concept especially the way the controlls feel with the different attacks incorporated. the boss battle that takes place in the level really sets it apart from the turd port(of the way better snes beatem up classic turtles in time) that is hyperstone hiest. shinobi 3 is a genesis original and exclusive and took the surf boarding elements from the tmnt games and made them better.

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

^ anyone who rips on this game has no taste in 16-bit gaming.
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobimusashi View Post
    ive heard alot of people rip on this game about the surf boarding levels saying how they are a direct rip off of the tmnt games
    1. Ripping off old-school TMNT games would not be a bad thing.

2. It isn't ripping off TMNT as far as the actual gameplay. TMNT had both x and y planes, Shinobi III is a completely different feel that focuses on beating the boss with a few underlings thrown in for good measure.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

Anyone who says they don't like this game is lying. They all secretly love it.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Funny this game gets bumped...I think this is easiliy one of the best side scrollers ever made, it's right up there with Dracula X and Sonic 1, the game is just about PERFECT. Purely by coincidence, I was playing it tonight, I got all the way to the end and kept dying on the tricky jumps near the end. Crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

is it really better than revenge? revenge already did everything right.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

All-time favorite MD-game!

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    is it really better than revenge? revenge already did everything right.
    I think so, the controls are more fluid, it looks better, and IMHO generally plays better. When I go back and play Revenge it always seems a little stiff to me, Shinobi 3 on the other hand feels perfect.

This and Revenge are both great.

just played through it again(probobly the 100th time) last night and thought i would drop by the sega 16 forums and profess my love of the greatest video game of all time. something that gets overlooked about shinobi 3 is the use of parallax scrolling, the game uses parallax quite nicely. especially the stage where you are falling and have to jump from rock to rock, there are probobly 5 levels of parallax on each side of the screen much like the part in musha where you fly over a canyon. and the begining of the last level where the clouds rush by in different stages of paralax its pretty good!
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

This game is very comparable to Super Metroid to bad it didn't sale over a million units. But this one of the Top 10 Genesis games of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

Yuzo would have been nice to have doing music, but whoever did the music in this game did an outstanding job.

Plus the controls are smooth.

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Raśl Julia...

Are You OKAY?!?! Road Rasher JackieBogard's Avatar

this is one of my fave genesis games by far..in my top 5 for sure.

Thread Information