Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunder Force III

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Just saw this info on Twitter:

• TF3 was released in Japan June 8, 1990 (6/8)
    • TF3’s retail price was 6,800 yen
    • TF3’s initial top score is 68000 points
    • TF3 was developed on the Sharp X68000
    • TF3 was developed for the Mega Drive’s 68000 CPU

TechnoSoft’s commitment to the 68k was impressive!
    That is crazy ^ So TF3 and TF4 are like Sonic 2 vs Sonic in people opinions on which is better. I guess Sega didn't make a bad call adding this to Mini after all reading this thread =)
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Zygrunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    That is crazy ^ So TF3 and TF4 are like Sonic 2 vs Sonic in people opinions on which is better. I guess Sega didn't make a bad call adding this to Mini after all reading this thread =)
    I would go with TF4 if I could choose. But TF3 is a lot of fun too, it is easier for noobs and it has the perfect catchy soundtrack in the earlier stages (opposed to TF4 which keeps the best music for later stages and even the staff roll screen lol). So I think TF3 is perfectly fine for the mini. Why not both tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Zygrunt View Post
    I would go with TF4 if I could choose. But TF3 is a lot of fun too, it is easier for noobs and it has the perfect catchy soundtrack in the earlier stages (opposed to TF4 which keeps the best music for later stages and even the staff roll screen lol). So I think TF3 is perfectly fine for the mini. Why not both tho?
    idk but is tf3 is for noobs that is cool im not that much of a shmup guy but i'll try tf3 and see if i like, glad music more pleasing. does tf4 have more paralax scrolling better graphics etc or is it just for more expert shmup people?

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

TF4 is like "More Parallax Scrolling and Better Graphics: The Game". It's fucking loaded. Easily the best-looking shmup on the system, and really one of the best looking of any genre. It does have its issues with slowdown, though. TF3 is much better in that regard.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Zygrunt's Avatar

idk but is tf3 is for noobs that is cool im not that much of a shmup guy but i'll try tf3 and see if i like, glad music more pleasing. does tf4 have more paralax scrolling better graphics etc or is it just for more expert shmup people?
    I don't think it is for noobs, but TF4 is still a challenge even after beating it a few times while TF3 is easier to pick up and play and if you find it too easy there is always the MANIA level. I love both games.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

idk but is tf3 is for noobs that is cool im not that much of a shmup guy but i'll try tf3 and see if i like, glad music more pleasing.
    Thunder Force III has a bit of a reputation for being a cakewalk and that's true, but fair warning: the learning curve generally insists on kicking your arse a few times first with it's 'gotcha' enemy patterns and environmental hazards (much less of a thing in IV, even though IV is more difficult overall) - and you'll chain deaths as a result (from losing weapons and having no shield on respawn). But once you have those memorised, staying fully powered-up will allow you to tear through bosses in seconds and you'll clear the game quickly.

II is even more nasty with that sort of stuff. In the horizontal stages anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    Thunder Force III has a bit of a reputation for being a cakewalk and that's true, but fair warning: the learning curve generally insists on kicking your arse a few times first with it's 'gotcha' enemy patterns and environmental hazards (much less of a thing in IV, even though IV is more difficult overall) - and you'll chain deaths as a result (from losing weapons and having no shield on respawn). But once you have those memorised, staying fully powered-up will allow you to tear through bosses in seconds and you'll clear the game quickly.

II is even more nasty with that sort of stuff. In the horizontal stages anyway.
    Can't wait to play it on Mini =) I'll be getting TurboDuo Mini I asked for here then a week later got announced =0 to play more shumps =) Wish there were Sega CD games on Mini =(

Thread Information