162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation

59 36.42%
  • Saturn

67 41.36%
  • Nintendo 64

36 22.22%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 32/64 bit era: PS, Saturn or N64?

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

a but thats a good uppinion.Hmm but the saturn was getting kicked down the ground while beeing in my eyes a superior console to the mediasation (playstation)much more games that use the full power of the system,yess some fighting games on saturn like the capcom ones are awesome,which is faster btw,saturn has 2X23 mhz dual hitachi proccessors does that maske a total of secundaire 46Mhz?when to be done ooh yeah burning rangers uses the soundchip the 68000 processor or something for graphics.Psx makes 33MHZ with just one and having only one.

The saturn owns all. That is all there is to be said.
    weasels you pansy

uh...

Ceramic Arms Outrunner Kikoskia's Avatar

I had a PC. At that time, I didn't see the point of consoles; I could use my PC to play games as well as write word documents, spreadsheet programs and the like. I prefer the PC over any of the modern day consoles are well for that reason.

I did get a PsOne eventually, but I never got many games for it and I didn't play it that much. It was there for Final Fantasy and a few resident evil titles (Oh, and Bust-A-Move 4 and Silent Bomber) but that was it really.

Speaking of which, why isn't there a 'None of the Above' option on this poll?

Megadrive games: 254
    Kikoskia's Let's Plays on YouTube

Yesss all the 2d games etc,one ofthe most unfamilair ones but the sprites are uge and the characters are blockless,almost n64 just arcade clean graphics same like dreamcast did and earned the love for that.Saturn+Dreamcast=pownage.yess its one opf my top 5 systems its the best and that all.

hmm i know when my friend was dragging about final fantasy 7,i grabbed my shining force and he was blew his fanboy ass away,noo no no no piuctures in the backround all fully rendered and everything is moving,final fantasy 7 had some of the uglyest picture method,that makes it like a psx character in a snes world somethimes.Shining force 3,Dark savior those are the ones who keep em scrolling and not stiffed like in a freeser.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kikoskia
    I had a PC. At that time, I didn't see the point of consoles; I could use my PC to play games as well as write word documents, spreadsheet programs and the like. I prefer the PC over any of the modern day consoles are well for that reason.
    But you can't use your PC to play NiGHTS. PC loses.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

PC was really hitting its stride in the PS/N64 days, mostly thanks to the advent of online play, but it's spiraled down some since then and I have a hard time getting excited about PC titles anymore. I too was way more into PC gaming than I was into the Playstation or N64.

Kaboom and thers a big diffrence between arcade like fun and just playing games like wow(sucking game) or others standarts,pc game are so cliche and boring the dark colours of those counterstrike alike games and viet kong to many army games to difficult to understand to boring to play and ,i prefer daytona arcade over any pc game,and nichts over any pc game.offcourse pc is better else we wouldnt talk here but if where only talking about games and not the emulated ones on pc console wins arcade and multiplayer fun anywhere dont need any internet and playing aggainst people in youre own while not see and talk with em in real life,like a dreamcast 4 controller ports and 4 mates is more massive fun then 4 friends at home while one is playing wow or you swich turns,thats just boring.Dreamcast sports games and some others and foor or a genesis yu yu hakusho or others or saturn for thge matter and some good game+controllers youlle have masive fun.The gameplay is total diffrence to,how the controller connects with the game,shure you can play virtua tennis on a pc but with the wrong controller it isnt nice.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

PCs have certain advantages over console gaming and consoles have certain advantages over PCs. It's always been that way and it always will be that way. I prefer to take advantage of both now-a-days.

I can't think of any bona-fide instant classics that have come out for the PC in recent years other than Half-Life 2 or MMO RPGs which is a genre I just can't stand.
    Last edited by Obviously; 05-21-2006 at 04:27 PM.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    PC was really hitting its stride in the PS/N64 days, mostly thanks to the advent of online play, but it's spiraled down some since then and I have a hard time getting excited about PC titles anymore. I too was way more into PC gaming than I was into the Playstation or N64.
    My main gripe is that if you have a new PC, you can't really play those games anymore.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor
    My main gripe is that if you have a new PC, you can't really play those games anymore.
    No kidding. Even if you manage to get the games to run, there's likely going to be some serious performance issues. All hail the blind march forward that is technological advancement! Hell, I can't even get System Shock 2 to work properly on my PC, and this is something that tortures my soul to no end.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

It's odd, some people have gotten it to work on XP with no problems, and others have. Oh well.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Wildside Expert

To me the PS was the best of that era. They had too many games but unfortunatly at that time my parents only trusted Nintendo systems so I got a 64. There were a few games I liked on it, but most of the games I owned because my parents were familiar with the franchises. I can't believe I bought the trash that was Yoshi Story(and Bomberman Hero was pretty bad too).

X-COM!!!!

I MISS X-COM!

Fucker just won't work on XP... grrrrrrrrrr!

Das war der Hammer.

Old & Hardcore

Hi, I've been a lurker for a few months now and finally decided to join. I voted for the N64 because I never owned a Saturn or PSX (although I now play PSX games on my PS2). I bought a Genesis and then the add ons (Segs CD, 32X) and by the time I was able to move on to a new system, the Saturn was pretty much dead here in the USA. I had problems with the quality of previous Sony products I had owned, so I bought a N64.

I really like mine, but it sure could have used more games. I bought my PS2 a couple of years ago, so I'm now playing some of those PSX games. Maybe sometime down the road I'll get a Saturn.

As far as PC gaming is concerned. I'm lucky in that I was able to find room for my old Windows 98 machine. I can still play those older games and the computer is fast enough to play the later '98 games. If you don't have the room for two computers, many swear by DosBox. Although, emluation will never be the best solution.
    Currently Playing: whatever I can get my hands on!

Thread Information