Quantcast

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fight CD

Road Rasher

This is my favorite Sega CD game; I agree with Ken that this is indeed an excellent port. The color palette does not look quite as good as the SNES version, but the additional features in this port (such as the Time Attack mode, having all three playable characters, including the Industrial Area level that the SNES version was missing) definitely make up for that. I have never played Final Fight Guy, but the original SNES port was a bit disappointing for me. Granted it was an early release in the SNES' life, but I think they could have done a bit better. The Sega CD version is the way to go if you don't have the arcade version (which can be emulated if you want; it can also be found on the game "Capcom Classics Collection: Volume 1" for the Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox consoles.)
    Last edited by Josh; 09-07-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Hard Road! Raging in the Streets Barone's Avatar

The color palette in the SNES version is off, everybody knows that...
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    There were better games on the CD-i than there were on the 3DO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olls View Post
    That is definitely true. SNES games are overall more well-balanced. The Mega Drive has many more (extremely) difficult games for no other reason than bad game balance and sometimes shitty controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    Rondo of Blood? Dracula X? Really? Everyone with any sense recognizes they're vastly inferior to SCIV. Especially in terms of controls, if nothing else. Anyway, I agree with A Black Falcon 100%.

The special-needs snowman Raging in the Streets Olls's Avatar

The colour palette is put to better use in the SNES version. Sadly, it is pretty much the only thing that's better, compared to the SCD version.

I simply see it as it is; if I think something is better, I am honest about it. I don't care what company is behind it.
    You are wearing Sega endorsed rose-tinted glassesİ (where do you get those btw, I want a pair) so anything Sega will always be better in every way, compared to everything else.

It's like you think you have to represent this forum, because it says Sega on the banner. That's okay though, because without people like you this forum wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Before we get too into the whole thing, here's a video!

I'm good game-biased and after re-reading my own comment (something you should do more often) I am pretty sure that I said that the SCD version is better in every way except colour.
    Therefore, I can only conclude that you're trolling every thread I post in, so I've decided to give you three spider-cats for the effort:

Last edited by Olls; 09-12-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Don't fool yourself, you also love love love Nintendo and their main franchises from third parties, but everybody has their preferences.

-edit-

Gah! Spidercats!

If a game is better, it's better. I don't care if it's made by Nintendo, Sony, Sega or LJN. I share no love towards companies, only games.
    This mindset is what some people here are lacking. Then again, you wouldn't be on a Sega site if you didn't love Sega.
    I don't love Sega; I love Sega Genesis games. Maybe that's the difference.

Hard Road! Raging in the Streets Barone's Avatar

The SNES version is worse in all aspects, color choice included. Maybe you should re-watch the video.
    Last edited by Barone; 09-14-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    There were better games on the CD-i than there were on the 3DO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olls View Post
    That is definitely true. SNES games are overall more well-balanced. The Mega Drive has many more (extremely) difficult games for no other reason than bad game balance and sometimes shitty controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    Rondo of Blood? Dracula X? Really? Everyone with any sense recognizes they're vastly inferior to SCIV. Especially in terms of controls, if nothing else. Anyway, I agree with A Black Falcon 100%.

I did love the Sega from the 90s, that is the development side of things, I never cared about internal politics. But that didn't make me like games either. At best it might have made me try games I otherwise might not have, but I found plenty of third party games that were better than mediocre Sega games back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by agostinhobaroners View Post
    I don't need to re-read, 'cause I'm not like you and I can read right in the first try, just like my Mega CD.

The SNES version is worse in all aspects, color choice included. Maybe you should re-watch the video.
    Of course a Nintendo game is worse in all aspects. I've come to expect no less from you. No moderation at all in your opinions.
    It's a good thing you don't write reviews for this site; every game would get 10/10s. I'm suspecting you to have had a hand in the Super Thunder Blade and R.C. Pro-Am reviews.
    I still want to know where you got those glasses.

Doesn't prove a thing. You probably just wrote that to get your hands clean.

PS: it was a joke. BR?

Quote Originally Posted by agostinhobaroners View Post
    No matter how much lies you write, most of people in this board know that you are the Nintendo-sucker here. And a very stubborn commentator.
    Yeah man, I'm the nintendo sucker here, that's why I said that a SCD game is better than a SNES game.
    You really are brazilian, aren't you?
    Last edited by Olls; 09-12-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Would you two please get a room?

He is obviously angry and out to prove something. Are you done, brazil?
    I think some people here want to discuss about the game in question.

And I've said mine. Maybe you need to learn to respect other people's opinions instead of getting personal every time somebody says something that you don't agree with.
    People have told you this many times before. If you do that, you'll get the same respect back.
    Brazilians are famous for being obnoxious wherever they go. I always have run-ins with them, in games and even forums now.
    I'm not the only one:

Sadly, you don't make any effort at all to dismiss this stereotype.

Not cool. Please don't post that kind of stuff again. - Melf
    Last edited by Melf; 09-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information